What's going on in the Athletic Dept and Lt. Gen Burgess?

steeleagle

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Cleaned up. Thanks, @augolf1716

i am pretty sure my charm helped bird..........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

So first he's hired to bust up the good ol boy system and now he's going to leave because he won't bend? Sounds good to me. What's funny is our good ol boys suck. They don't have a reputation of being winners.....

Not why he was hired and not what is being said is happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure my charm helped bird..........

You would make a good AD😀

• Like 1

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Oh he's definitely a D. 

:poke:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

i can delegate all day long. plus i would turn the auburn uni band into my personal massive rock band.........grins

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Oh he's definitely a D. 

:poke:

you should be ashamed. i just called you feather butt in another post and deleted it and for this kind of treatment?

• Haha 2

Honestly why Was he hired? I thought it was because he had the ability to fundraise, bring fiscal stability back and clear out the usual mess by being an outsider. It’s weird how recently there is this 180 of support against him.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly why Was he hired? I thought it was because he had the ability to fundraise, bring fiscal stability back and clear out the usual mess by being an outsider. It’s weird how recently there is this 180 of support against him.

After a few years here, do you consider him a good fundraiser?

• Like 1

You can't tell me a million people didn't say that's what we needed and that's why he was hired. Actually pretty much all the things they said about why we hired Harsin is the same things they said why we hired Greene.

11 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I realize the question wasn’t for me but I’ll weigh in if that’s ok. From my humble perspective, I do. We played for 2 Nattys in 4 years and won a Heisman with our previous AD. If ever fundraising should have kicked into overdrive it was then. The best he was able to get us was an oversized scoreboard and a badly designed press box. AG is getting the long overdue FOF done, and has made significant improvements to Plainsman Park. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Well you picked one thing out of the three things I said so I know where you sit on this. I consider him to have handled himself well in a mess that he inherited. I do think he is trying to be fiscal responsible which seemingly has caused issues . I do think he failed in regard to the women basketball team. I believe he handled the COVID situation and Gus situation as good as anybody. I think he was a major part in pushing this football only complex through. 

I don’t think he is very reactive , like the people we have on this forum. I do think he is young and will have growing pains. I believe he is detailed oriented. I also know he will have an uphill battle due to the fact he is an “outsider” and he is shaking up things. I am willing to bet the money people and the leaders wanted him to shake up things to an extent but now they want him to reel it in and he isn’t playing the game. When you don’t play the game, get ready for people to come after you l.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

was the one before him was?

He yucked it up better with some of the old guard money men.  

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

The best he was able to get us was an oversized scoreboard and a badly designed press box.

This gave me a good laugh … 100% agree with you on terrible JHS vision/execution.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

has made significant improvements to Plainsman Park

Ummm … ADAG had been more of a hinderance than help when it comes to Baseball.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

He yucked it up better with some of the old guard money men.  

And there it is 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well you picked one thing out of the three things you I said so I know where you sit on this. I consider him to have handled himself well in a mess that he inherited. I do think he is trying to be fiscal responsible which seemingly has caused issues . I do think he failed in regard to the women basketball team. I believe he handled the COVID situation and Gus situation as good as anybody. I think he was a major part in pushing this football only complex through. 

I don’t think he is very reactive , like the people we have on this forum. I do think he is young and will have growing pains. I believe he is detailed oriented. I also know he will have an uphill battle due to the fact he is an “outsider” and he is shaking up things. I am willing to bet the money people and the leaders wanted him to shake up things to an extent but now they want him to reel it in and he isn’t playing the game. When you don’t play the game, get ready for people to come after you l.

AG is his own man, and not a puppet, I am willing to bet everything that I own he has listen to advice and implemented some of them, but, he did not come here to have the title and no say so, if that is the case, Auburn is the wrong place for him. Greene will not loose any sleep over this Auburn propaganda, Auburn will continue to suffer under this inbred leadership and control, If it were not for Cam Newton we would still be with out a title since 57, who hires a 5-19 coach!! the people that are in the closet stroking the audience hoping that their agenda works, like you said.. if there is something that is a Fireable offense why isn't he fired? this so call drama is on every board so what is the secret? and why can't we know what coaches or suppose coaches that are crying about money, and before I for get, fans crying and bellyaching about bus rides and motel 6 stay if I recall, that was the Omaha year right? seems like we need to do that more often, if we are going to get that type of result.

9 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Ummm … ADAG had been more of a hinderance than help when it comes to Baseball.

this is nit-picking, now Allen is responsible for decades of Auburn failures to upgrade. Greene could pull a aTm and redo everything and some in this fan base will find something else to **** about, I'm out.. oh wait Sonny Galloway say's hello!?!?

• Like 1

Please listen to those with inside connections on here when they say things are not as they seem or ever were.  I don’t know why we are now choosing not to believe these inside sources after many times proving they know what they are saying.  I too was a huge fan of Greene, so this is just as disheartening for all of us. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Please listen to those with inside connections on here when they say things are not as they seem or ever were.  I don’t know why we are now choosing not to believe these inside sources after many times proving they know what they are saying.  I too was a huge fan of Greene, so this is just as disheartening for all of us. 

You expect posters to sit back and be told everything they think is wrong, without an explanation.....think about that. And God forbid one day they turn out to be wrong (it wasn't too long ago EVERYBODY was wrong about the hire) and then what? What will be said then?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

So we should blindly just accept what they say? Insiders are cool but they don’t have 100 % validity . Some of these guys were saying the whole defensive staff rebelled against Gus, yet Gus hired a prominent member of the defensive staff.  Also, some of the insiders are not above fallacy. Some of these guys are probably very cordial with who they get insight from therefore, they clearly could be bias. There are three sides to every story in my opinion. We are intermittently hearing one side. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

You expect posters to sit back and be told everything they think is wrong, without an explanation.....think about that. And God forbid one day they turn out to be wrong (it wasn't too long ago EVERYBODY was wrong about the hire) and then what? What will be said then?

7 hours ago, DAG said:

So we should blindly just accept what they say? Insiders are cool but they don’t have 100 % validity . Some of these guys were saying the whole defensive staff rebelled against Gus, yet Gus hired a prominent member of the defensive staff.  Also, some of the insiders are not above fallacy. Some of these guys are probably very cordial with who they get insight from therefore, they clearly could be bias. There are three sides to every story in my opinion. We are intermittently hearing one side. 

Everyone is human of course, and people are wrong sometimes.  But if you have multiple people coming to you saying it isn’t a good situation, why wouldn’t you believe them?  We have Bird, Golf, Red, PTB, and Emt all saying the same thing.  Emt is actually on the baseball staff as well.  And they are giving an explanation.  It literally only takes an annual donation of $5 so this site can keep running.  As much as you both enjoy and post on this forum, isn’t it worth $5 to help keep it running and to get answers that you need?