Flan out 12-14 weeks after Achilles surgery

Maverick.AU

So he should be back in just about time for the season to start and definitely back after the Christmas break for SEC play. Hopefully he heals up quickly and still has the explosive ability he had prior to the injury. Soroka (Braves pitcher) has be wary of achilles injuries now :( 

• Like 1

image.gif.d221daf24eda05fccb831e545589fcd7.gif

What a trooper man!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s always something man 

Seriously. You always know the shot to the credentials is coming, you just don't know exactly when. 

Thinking ahead: Can Jabari play the 3, with Kessler at 4 and Dylan/Jaylin at 5? I love Cambridge, but I think he is better off the bench. 

2 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Seriously. You always know the shot to the credentials is coming, you just don't know exactly when. 

Thinking ahead: Can Jabari play the 3, with Kessler at 4 and Dylan/Jaylin at 5? I love Cambridge, but I think he is better off the bench. 

it was proposed that Jabari would be able to, when we were under the auspices him and JT Thor would play together. He can shoot, he can self-create, he seems very fluid. I don't think it'd be the ideal way to use him, but I think they'll have to employ it at stretches. Chris Moore will also get time there

It'd make sense to have Jaylin play the 4, his beginning position as a collegiate athlete, in this hypothetical lineup

• Like 1

I read about this on another forum. Someone, I'm guessing a student ran into him in a scooter while on campus. 🛴

Hope he can recover and doesn't have any issues. Terrible. 

Edited by Randman5000

51 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I read about this on another forum. Someone, I'm guessing a student ran into him in a scooter while on campus. 🛴

The basketball team has been riding scooters. Let's just say they've been acting like college kids on them, too.  

Sucks, hate it that AF got injured that badly. Hopefully his rehab goes smoothly and then he should be back by December and not miss any conference games. 

Man, saw this on twitter last night and floored me. This.just.sucks! One of my favorite recent players and one me and my two young boys get excited to watch and talk about during games. Hope everything goes well with recovery and he returns better than ever!

6 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Bad injury.    Must have been a partial tear because you're not coming back in 12 wks from a full tear.     

definitely not a full tear. Sounds like a grade 2. Partially torn. 

We will miss him with our tough December schedule. 

10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Surprised this hasn’t happened to an athlete on campus sooner honestly 

14 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Kessler and Cardwell probably can't play at the same time, I'm skeptical either should routinely guard SEC-level fours. I strongly suspect DC will get the start at the three. With this loss we are basically down to 3 options for creating shots for other guys from the perimeter. 

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

Kessler and Cardwell probably can't play at the same time, I'm skeptical either should routinely guard SEC-level fours. I strongly suspect DC will get the start at the three. With this loss we are basically down to 3 options for creating shots for other guys from the perimeter. 

Cambridge is so streaky from outside. As Rigby said, I'd like to at least see what Moore can do from the 3. I haven't really seen him play enough to know if he's a viable option there. 

If only we Desi had been able to get cleared this would be a minor hiccup. As it stands now yeah we are left with Moore and Cambridge as natural 3s. You can maybe...maybe play Johnson or Jabari at the position put that would not be ideal for either player. Atleast this year we have ball handlers and creators so Cambridge won't be asked to do a lot of either. 

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

if Cambridge can make shots, he's fine there IMO. He has the ability to defend the position 

CAmbridge can make shots, the problem is ...how many shots does he have to take to make enough.

He's got to get a better shooting avg to help us consistently, especially without AF in there...

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

CAmbridge can make shots, the problem is ...how many shots does he have to take to make enough.

He's got to get a better shooting avg to help us consistently, especially without AF in there...

We essentially just said the same thing friend 

Only one poster has mentioned Moore so far he has the prettiest stroke on the team. He won't be able to drive like Flan but with the other players around him he should get a lot of clear looks opening things up for Kessler and Smith inside and creating driving lanes because of his outside shot for others. 

If our PG's can keep the ball moving Moore should be a good option who can also board. Where we will hurt the most isn't on O but Flan's hard nose defense.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Only one poster has mentioned Moore so far he has the prettiest stroke on the team. He won't be able to drive like Flan but with the other players around him he should get a lot of clear looks opening things up for Kessler and Smith inside and creating driving lanes because of his outside shot for others. 

If our PG's can keep the ball moving Moore should be a good option who can also board. Where we will hurt the most isn't on O but Flan's hard nose defense.

This is how I see it as well. If everything that has been posted is true, Moore has had either the best or second best offseason on the team while it's been reported that Cambridge still hasn't shown he can consistently shoot. I would personally love to see Moore take over as a starter until Flan is healthy and ready to come back. Keep Cambridge, Cardwell, and Williams coming off of the bench for the leadership and spark.

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Yeah I think the scoring at the SF position really won’t be the killer. Defense and intangibles are gonna be virtually impossible to find in any of the other options. Just gotta get the noobs to step up (as leaders) quicker than expected