Tank’s Post

WarEagleHunter1221

2 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

He’s got one more year before he can declare for the draft.   Pretty short sighted move if he bails to go sit out a year, play somewhere else for a season, then go to the league.  

I don’t blame him one bit for being pissed, but the big picture matters.  

If I were him, I would hit the transfer portal, sit out and train either with a team or with a trainer, and then declare. I think he's got enough film. He's not a first round player (no dig on him, RBs just seem to be going later than they used to) and I don't think he can have the kind of season that would make him one at this point. Not here, certainly. Go get your money and your happiness, young man.

(Edit: all of that is hypothetical assuming that he does choose not to stick around. I hope he stays here above all.)

Edited by Auctoritas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

So the question is what is supposed to change for next season. Does he try and use more of his guys to build like have Grenier start and take his lumps (which is highly doubtful but just saying). Pretty much all of the receivers and tight ends aren’t his recruits. Just trying to be rational most of his guys will be just getting their feet wet in year 3 which in theory year 4 is it if Auburn is willing to be patient 

These guys’ll really see how little talent we have if you take JJ, Kobe, Fromm, Deal and Landen King out next year 

Do we even have any WR recruits? 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

These guys’ll really see how little talent we have if you take JJ, Kobe, Fromm, Deal and Landen King out next year 

Do we even have any WR recruits? 

That’s my point. Patients has been repeated often but where is the upside

12 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yikes. Yeah this is bad. I had a bad feeling about Tank transferring after the Penn State game. Since then it’s only gotten worse. IMO it may be what’s best for him because he is not being utilized correctly here. If it’s anything like the rumors last year then we will hate where he goes….

Tank is gone after this year and he probably won’t be the only one. This program is in big big trouble. 

1 minute ago, Ausburn2 said:

What disgruntled running back has left Auburn to do great things at another school?

None but how many had tanks stature. When they let the portal wasnt a factor

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

What disgruntled running back has left Auburn to do great things at another school?

I don’t see how that has any relevance. Are you insinuating there is some sort of underlying reason for that? What others have done has nothing to do with this. 

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I don’t see how that has any relevance. Are you insinuating there is some sort of underlying reason for that? What others have done has nothing to do with this. 

It is just a question.  Nothing insinuating about it.

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

U right. I forgot about that. All were either kicked off the team or not playing

Tbh, if he thinks that would help himself and his family the most then by gosh go for it.  For completely selfish reasons I would rather he stayed and finished his career out here because he's our best weapon on offense but I would completely understand if he didn't.  With that said, if he wants to be or expects to be the 1st RB drafted he's got some things he needs to work on before that's going to happen. 

8 hours ago, AUDevil said:

He was underutilized on the last 2 drives. No reason for anyone else to touch the ball unless it was 3rd and long.

I don’t buy this logic. 

I went back and looked. On the last drive of the 3rd qtr and into the 4th , Tank handled the ball 6 out of 14 plays. 

on the next drive he carried 3 of the 6 plays. 

yes, he was not given a carry on the last drive that started at the 8 yard line and maybe Tank has a problem with things that have been going on during our losses. 

Or maybe he was just ticked bc of that 4th and 1 w him on the sideline. 

but he carried the ball 22 times and another   Receiving for 24 yards. 

44 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I don’t buy this logic. 

I went back and looked. On the last drive of the 3rd qtr and into the 4th , Tank handled the ball 6 out of 14 plays. 

yes, he was not given a carry on the last drive that started at the 8 yard line and maybe Tank has a problem with things that have been going on during our losses. 

I certainly want him to stay, and he is a great RB, but can’t call the plays. Coaches job, even when we don’t agree with his choices.

Ya'll are 'probably' reading more into his post than is there. Tank's post reads to me like a player that is ticked off about the game. He should be, along with all the rest of the players and all the coaches, for not getting that win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

Several did have stature.  Agree the portal is new.

Who besides Michael Dyer had Tank’s kind of impact on the field? And Dyer flamed out because of his personal issues.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I don’t buy this logic. 

Felt like in order to win on that last drive, limit TJ’s throwing and let Tank carry us down the field, old school.  He was running different last night.

I haven’t been very critical of Bobo all year, but I thought he failed to recognize what was working last night and kept trying to use the run to set up some sort of big mythical pass play.  TJ couldn’t deliver consistently enough to put a drive together.

Edited by AUDevil

Just now, AUDevil said:

Felt like in order to win on that last drive, limit TJ’s throwing and let Tank carry us down the field, old school.  He was running different last night. 

Yes he was, it looked like old Tank. I think he's had injuries holding him back more than he and they have let on.

Well Tank has 940 yds on 178 attempts with 10 TDs, so there is that. That puts him at 5th in the league in attempts, 5th in yardage and 4th in rushing TDs. He may be underutilized at certain spots in a game, like that 4th and 1 play, but I don't think he is underutilized overall.

• Like 1

Dude was one fire last night.. and when it mattered the most with 5 mins left and three timeouts.. he doesn’t touch the ball.   He is so talented and if he leaves, can’t blame him. Go find someone who appreciates and trust you to carry the load and like @DAG said.. do what’s best for him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Well Tank has 940 yds on 178 attempts with 10 TDs, so there is that. That puts him at 5th in the league in attempts, 5th in yardage and 4th in rushing TDs. He may be underutilized at certain spots in a game, like that 4th and 1 play, but I don't think he is underutilized overall.

Yep he has put up the numbers and he was underutilized in the Penn State game and most glaringly last night. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

If he’s seriously upset about getting over 20 touches in a game then he is not a team player and the last thing this team needs is a bunch of Is only in it for themselves. That type of attitude is an absolute cancer. Hoping that’s not the case. If it is we are better without him (even though he is certainly talented). Playing in the SEC requires teamwork and supporting each other. ANYONE who isn’t up for that I’m happy to see them leave after the season is over. Period. 

I don’t see him transferring. Too much downside.  Get to another school and they have an up and coming  stud and you find yourself getting few carries…..certainly a possibility at UGA.  Plus he’s a team player. More than likely he was just venting like the rest of us. But, serious question, when has a true RB1 from a good program, hit the transfer portal? I literally don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. I think a couple of QB1s from mediocre, declining programs, have transferred but has a true RB one ever transferred?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I don’t see him transferring. Too much downside.  Get to another school and they have an up and coming  stud and you find yourself getting few carries…..certainly a possibility at UGA.  Plus he’s a team player. More than likely he was just venting like the rest of us. But, serious question, when has a true RB1 from a good program, hit the transfer portal? I literally don’t know, that’s why I’m asking. I think a couple of QB1s from mediocre, declining programs, have transferred but has a true RB one ever transferred?

Tank also recruited Finley to AU.  I don't see him leaving just upset after a lose.  On the drive we missed the field goal the 2nd and goal play was a run to Tank but TJF fumbled the snap.