Grad Transfer OT Hunter Nourzad

ClaytonAU

Gonna go ahead and make a thread since it seems we’ve offered him. 

OT out of Cornell. Missed all of 2020 due to COVID.

Started 19 consecutive games at RT.

2021 First Team All-Ivy League

Auburn writers say he’s one to watch. 

Offers from Nebraska, Purdue, Northwestern, Penn State, Miami, Virginia Tech and Iowa.

Edited by ClaytonAU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Gonna go ahead and make a thread since it seems we’ve offered him. 

OT out of Cornell. Missed all of 2020 due to COVID.

Started 19 consecutive games at RT.

2021 First Team All-Ivy League

Auburn writers say he’s one to watch. 

Offers from Nebraska, Purdue, Northwestern, Penn State, and Iowa.

Thanks for this thread. And his offer sheet includes schools that traditionally recruit good linemen. 

• Like 1

Meh. He doesn't hold nearly well enough to be successful in the SEC. 😜

Seriously, the two things that jump out are how good he is at getting to the second level against smaller faster LBs and how often he blocks his guy right off the screen. Not to mention how many of them he drives to the ground. Hard to say against Ivy League competition, but he might be pretty solid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Meh. He doesn't hold nearly well enough to be successful in the SEC. 😜

Seriously, the two things that jump out are how good he is at getting to the second level against smaller faster LBs and how often he blocks his guy right off the screen. Not to mention how many of them he drives to the ground. Hard to say against Ivy League competition, but he might be pretty solid. 

We can coach up folks to hold to SEC standards.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

From GA, apparently. May help us.

I hope so. Miami offered him. Cristobal is a beast when it comes to bringing in linemen. I hope we beat them out

• Like 3

On 12/17/2021 at 5:15 PM, Gowebb11 said:

Thanks for this thread. And his offer sheet includes schools that traditionally recruit good linemen. 

Auburn used to recruit good OL... until Gus came and decided not to recruit any.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Auburn used to recruit good OL... until Gus came and decided not to recruit any.

And the ones, we did get, we failed to coach them up. An all around sad situation.

18 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

And the ones, we did get, we failed to coach them up. An all around sad situation.

Yeah, Auburn failed those men. As much as they've struggled, they've never failed us

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, Auburn failed those men. As much as they've struggled, they've never failed us

Indeed Bird, indeed!

21 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I hope so. Miami offered him. Cristobal is a beast when it comes to bringing in linemen. I hope we beat them out

Hopefully he's had his fill of playing in front of 25,000 fans at Cornell.

2 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Hopefully he's had his fill of playing in front of 25,000 fans at Cornell.

I’m sure there will be a lot of people coming to Miami games next year. New coach brings in new hope. Same thing happened with Auburn this year. The crowd was electric for Harsin’s first game

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I’m sure there will be a lot of people coming to Miami games next year. New coach brings in new hope. Same thing happened with Auburn this year. The crowd was electric for Harsin’s first game

Naa. Miami will never be that way. Big crowds for big games, and less than half full for the rest. It's always been that way. Most people just don't realize it. If I was wanting to experience college football, it's not where I would go, but I don't matter lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Naa. Miami will never be that way. Big crowds for big games, and less than half full for the rest. It's always been that way. Most people just don't realize it. If I was wanting to experience college football, it's not where I would go, but I don't matter lol

This is correct. I was born and raised in Miami, grew up a Hurricanes fan. Bring in Notre Dame and the Orange Bowl couldn't hold the crowd. Host Virginia Tech and they didn't even try to stop us kids from sneaking in.