Bo Nix Mom’s and Sister’s IG Post

RunInRed

i will never blame emotions from family members about a member of their family. I can see where they are coming from. Of course, EVERYONE, didnt hate him. but plenty did and had no reserve in expressing that hate.. and by hate i mean as far as his play

• Like 1

I recommend Pat Dye’s book “In the Arena”. Sports is the ultimate arena activity. You get cheered when you do well and sometimes idolized when you do great. You get booed and criticized when you do poorly, and even hated by a vocal minority. But you choose to be there and have to learn how to handle both sides of the coin. Coach Dye knew it. Bo needs to get there as well. Time for both sides to move on. 

• Like 5

We have a losing record and no bowl game this year if not for Bo Nix. He made up for a lot when coaching failed, especially during the Gus years.  He had some rough spots too, but there is no QB currently on our roster who is capable of more. 

We have some lean years ahead building this much-touted “culture”. History will treat Bo Nix much kinder than those who watched him play.

Edited by aucom96
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m with ya!!

I mean it’s just pointless . He has decided to leave . We have all said bye and good luck . Now somebody wants to vent about him being mistreated. The reality of SEC ball . 

And the could've done so much better but chose Auburn......but some of you are still going to make them the face of the program. 

Actuality there wasn't another school in the SEC he was going to play immediately and be able to hold on to the job because they get rid of the other talent at the position. 

Easy to see why he thought his play was so great though, it was EVERYBODY else holding him back

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

I will always respect Bo Nix as an Auburn Athlete. He entered into an impossible situation at Auburn with his legacy and expectations. I wish him nothing but success and I hope that one day he and the family will realize it wasn't personal and that Auburn is the GREAT University that they love(d). It's time for both Bo and the football team to move on, as it was with Tuberville and Malzahn. WAR EAGLE, Bo!

• Like 2

And another thing that family needs to accept is that Bo will never be welcomed back like a Cadillac or a Cam or a Kerryon. Bo left Auburn when we needed him most, and at the peak of his skill. That part will never be forgotten. Sorry. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

And another thing that family needs to accept is that Bo will never be welcomed back like a Cadillac or a Cam or a Kerryon. Bo left Auburn when we needed him most, and at the peak of his skill. That part will never be forgotten. Sorry. 

Yet this board goes into sentiment histrionics over Shivers.

He gave Auburn a lot. He left. I have no problem moving on and wishing him well at the same time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Yet this board goes into sentiment histrionics over Shivers.

He gave Auburn a lot. He left. I have no problem moving on and wishing him well at the same time.

Shivers played a full 4 years and left to get more touches. His leaving is a lot less impactful, and a lot more understandable. I wish them both well. But I view Shaun's departure a lot more favorably than Bo's. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

You mean like all the bashing Bo has got from posters here? I for one appreciate his family's comments and thank RIR for sharing them here.

“Posters” are not Nix family members, unless there a few unidentifiable ones here on the Fam.  Man, please don’t ever let them venture over to tRant

Obviously the family has some bitterness. I've learned as others that when you present yourself as a Christian you also better represent what being a Christian means. It's best to move on and in essence, turn the other cheek if they feel slighted. This wasn't a great example of that but hopefully they will all find what they are looking for. I don't believe anyone hated Bo but people lash out when they are hurt. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I dont know why some of you think loving AU is a metric for playing QB at my university.  I graduated from AU.  I love it as much as Bo and Pat.  Doesn't make me qualified to play QB.  Bo Nix is not a very good QB.  We have three years of data points to prove it.  He is closer to JJ and Sean White than Cam and NM.   I will critique my QB based on production.  If Bo truly loves AU and AU football, he will look at his performance while playing here and say he was average at best.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

While I only care about his play, I do see why feathers get ruffled. The he could've went anywhere but selflessly came to AU narrative as well as a lot of fans always talking about how he is so AU, cares so much, and is the ultimate definition of an AU man, while meant to come across as a compliment and from a good place, implies that the other players don't love Auburn as much or are less AU men than Bo.

In reality, most are just as much Auburn men and love the school. Maybe they just didn't grow up as fans from birth. A lot of players come here because they think it's a fantastic program that can help them reach their dreams. Not because they feel the need to selflessly grace it with their abilities. Most of our players had a lot of opportunities out of HS too. While I think these fans and the family say this from a good place, I can see why others, even fellow players, get upset with this narrative. I wish everyone would cut that out 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3