With Gus, Did we Ever Lose 5 in a Row?

shabby

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

So you believe Hars inherited the 2nd most talent in the SEC behind only Bama.   If so, call me about some oceanfront property in Arizona that I am selling.   I'll throw the Golden Gate in for free. 

I didn't say that.  He inherited the 4th most talented roster in the SEC West.  An argument could be made that it was the 3rd most talented in the SEC West.  Either way, it wasn't a total rebuild in any form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'EAGLE JT @jt_flo I'll go 6-7 with a coach that hates mediocre, and tries to improve, 100 times before I go 8-4 with a coach that' satisfied with 8-4. That's the difference. @thewarrapport AUBURN'

It's not about this season. It's about the seasons yet to come.

Holy moly man, is that a AU player twitter?

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just my 2 cents.. Bruce's first 2 seasons at Auburn, he had a losing record.. Got to give Hars more than 365 days. I'm a newbie to the board BTW

Love the take bud, we need more reasonable people like you around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Holy moly man, is that a AU player twitter?

No, I don't think so. I think it's a signee. The account says something about being a JUCO product, but I can't figure out who it might be. It's possible that it's just a random guy, but that doesn't make the statement any less valid.

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I didn't say that.  He inherited the 4th most talented roster in the SEC West.  An argument could be made that it was the 3rd most talented in the SEC West.  Either way, it wasn't a total rebuild in any form.

I think you are right on 3rd or 4th best overall roster in the West.   The problem was everyone in the West but for Arky had a better QB than us.   That is the most important position on the field.   Our OL was gosh awful in run blocking but they only gave up 23 sacks.   With Bama, Miss St. Ole Miss or Texas AM's QB we will 9 games and everybody is pleased with the progress.

24 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You really like yourself.  That much is evident.

Eh, not really, I am not a fan of many things about myself, still got a lot of things to work on personally but I am a pretty big fan of my understanding of defensive scheme, how a program should be run, my knowledge of football generally, and my overall intelligence and education level being slightly higher than most.  Also I am a damn good cook, so if you ever want some filet gumbo HMU.

It does cause me to come across as a conceited, at times pretentious pr*ck at times but I am aware of it and trying to work on it.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

No, I don't think so. I think it's a signee. The account says something about being a JUCO product, but I can't figure out who it might be. It's possible that it's just a random guy, but that doesn't make the statement any less valid.

Thanks, though I am a youngin, I don't really do the social media stuff anymore.

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

An argument can be made that we're the 3rd most talented team in the SEC West? We're not even the 4th most talented LOL. Ole Miss has a Heisman-caliber QB and established offensive weapons, we have neither. We are also trying to implement completely different schemes on both sides of the ball, which means that some "talent" doesn't even fit.  This was a complete rebuild when you look at the fact that we are severely lacking at the most important positions on the field.

By the way, this team would have won 7 or 8 games with a healthy Bo Nix. How many games would Gus Malzahn had won had Grant Loy had to have come in and start 3 games? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just my 2 cents.. Bruce's first 2 seasons at Auburn, he had a losing record.. Got to give Hars more than 365 days. I'm a newbie to the board BTW

Comparing the basketball and football teams are Apple to oranges. Do we really have to bring up memories of how bad the basketball team was. Also coach Pearl was already an established coach within the SEC and got messed up over a BBQ or something like that

Edited by e808

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Comparing the basketball and football teams are Apple to oranges. Do we really have to bring up memories of how bad the basketball team was. Also coach Pearl was already an established coach within the SEC and got messed up over a BBQ or something like that

Point being it takes time to change culture. Football, basketball or badminton 

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Point being it takes time to change culture. Football, basketball or badminton 

What culture are u changing. Auburn didn’t have a losing record and never observed the players quitting. Basketball and football situations aren’t the same. CBP had nothing and started from scratch.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

What culture are u changing. Auburn didn’t have a losing record and never observed the players quitting. Basketball and football situations aren’t the same 

So are you saying that you were satisfied with the culture Gus was fostering after 8 Years? I will give u the fact the players didn't quit on Gus but there's more to changing culture than just not quitting

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

What culture are u changing. Auburn didn’t have a losing record and never observed the players quitting. Basketball and football situations aren’t the same. CBP had nothing and started from scratch.

This kind of culture change

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'EAGLE JT @jt_flo I'll go 6-7 with a coach that hates mediocre, and tries to improve, 100 times before I go 8-4 with a coach that' satisfied with 8-4. That's the difference. @thewarrapport AUBURN'

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

This kind of culture change

That post is from a supporter with a little over 300 followers. That tweet is no different than u or I posting it. If he was an actually player there would be way more followers than that 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, eaglenest said:

I love what he brings to the table, he is not going to let YOU tell him what YOU want him to do?!?! what was last year record?? why is that he should have won more with basically the same roster from a year ago? why didn't the last coach have won more last year? waiting

Last year's coach went 6-4 with all significant games. With virtually that entire roster coming back, this year's coach went 3-7 in significant games. That's a huge step in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

Lol. I didn't know what I was talking about but now this debate is certain posters arguing EVERY SINGLE point related to Gus. Haven't seen a flaw in Gus yet. But pointing out all of these problems with Harsin. Coincidence

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

That post is from a supporter with a little over 300 followers. That tweet is no different than u or I posting it. If he was an actually player there would be way more followers than that 

I don't care if its a player or one of us. the quote still rings true.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Last year's coach went 6-4 with all significant games. With virtually that entire roster coming back, this year's coach went 3-7 in significant games. That's a huge step in the wrong direction.

You do acknowledge that they were implementing new systems on both sides of the ball and had players coming back that were recruited for entirely different systems?

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. I didn't know what I was talking about but now this debate is certain posters arguing EVERY SINGLE point related to Gus. Haven't seen a flaw in Gus yet. But pointing out all of these problems with Harsin. Coincidence

They are Gus apologists. They hate that we fired Gus cause he was their lord and savior.

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

You do acknowledge that they were implementing new systems on both sides of the ball and had players coming back that were recruited for entirely different systems?

South Carolina went through the same thing and improved from 2-8 to 7-6. "New systems" is a very flimsy excuse.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Didba said:

I don't care if its a player or one of us. the quote still rings true.

Where is the truth 6-7 isn’t mediocre. It’s a losing record. How can u hate something when u didn’t even accomplish mediocre. U hate mediocre but have a losing record . Make it make sense.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Didba said:

They are Gus apologists. They hate that we fired Gus cause he was their lord and savior.

This has nothing to do with being an apologist. If u read some of my other post I gave several names that IMO would have been better options. I watched tons of BSU football and just believe the situation is a tall task for the current coach .

Based on record Auburn  had a losing season. However u want to slice it. Whether it was bad play calling , poor olline play or lack of talent. The record books don’t say 6-7 but he was using someone else  players. He is on the clock and has 3 or 4 years to show what he can do. Like I said great moves in recruiting but win and loses is what’s it’s all about.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

South Carolina went through the same thing and improved from 2-8 to 7-6. "New systems" is a very flimsy excuse.

Unfortunately, the schedule matters. Auburn’s 2021 SOS was consistently ranked in the top 10 and as high as #4. South Carolina? Anywhere from 31 to 53. Didn’t play Penn St, Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St. Blown out by Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Unfortunately, the schedule matters. Auburn’s 2021 SOS was consistently ranked in the top 10 and as high as #4. South Carolina? Anywhere from 31 to 53. Didn’t play Penn St, Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St. Blown out by Clemson, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.

U have a point but they beat Auburn with the coach claiming they only ran like 4 plays and a Grad Assistant at QB (something like that).

• Thanks 1