Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Even Bama fans are saying to turn it on and take the loss lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

What a bunch of damn cowards. Talk all the s*** but once it blows up, turn the replies off s what a sewer dwelling bunch of peoples. Yet as soon as AU has success, let's try to match it. Really a sad group 

This is gonna be so bad for them. They will be destroyed the rest of the year on every single tweet. Auburn Twitter doesn't play.

Should have just taken the L, kept the comments on, and be done with it tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

This is gonna be so bad for them. They will be destroyed the rest of the year on every single tweet. Auburn Twitter doesn't play.

Should have just taken the L, kept the comments on, and be done with it tonight.

That's gonna be really fun to watch.....

• Like 1

Really nice bounce back game for both Allen and Wendell from last game.  Both came with a lot more energy.  Everyone played really well this game.  Hope we do not have a let down against Georgia this weekend.  Really don't think so but you never know if we play down to the competition or not.  Need to come out with the same aggressiveness at home.  Not to look ahead but that Arkansas game in Fayetteville will be an important one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Twitter post update ... they have turned on comments. GOod on them for taking their L even if it was way too late.

Now they look even more pathetic for turning them off in the first place. 

• Like 1

Ok here it is. On the Lunar Calendar this year of the TIGER!!!  Last year was the year of the DOG and UGA won the Natty. The lunar calendar is 12 year rotation. Last time it was year of the Tiger and we won the Natty with CGC!!!! Just saying……

• Like 2

The whole “blue-collar” thing is hilarious to me. If ever there was a program and fan base that is obsessed with the theme of entitlement, it’s Alabama. I mean their b-ball tradition isn’t that great so maybe, but their fans carry it over so easily. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Probably won't score 100 as the walk ons are coming in against the turds

Walk ons made it possible. No one faults them for trying to score.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Nate Oats' game plan was prison ball. Glad to see Auburn not only handle it but turn up the pressure. Nate Oats knows dang well his gameplan was to be physical and then spends the whole game in the Ref's ear. Then he got out coached by the swap to a zone. I fully believe Pearl would have called them off but Oats just had to run his mouth this past week. Take your loss. 

Great news for Auburn though. The physical nature that teams have been playing Auburn this year will help tremendously. When in the tournament, Auburn will undoubtedly play teams that play that way. They are getting better at playing against physical play. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Walk ons made it possible. No one faults them for trying to score.

Um, what? I never said I faulted them for trying. Just didn't think they would be able to score 5 points in a minute.

Edited by tgrogan21

29 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Um, what? I never said I faulted them for trying. Just didn't think they would be able to score 5 points in a minute.

Wasn’t critiquing you. If the walk ons don’t play, the starters hold the ball. If they aren’t fouled, and up 20 they likely wouldn’t be, AU doesn’t hit 100.

Auburn has been a pretty poor 3 point shooting team most nights as of late, and they’re still putting up a great bit more than what their opponents allow 

the three point THREAT is powerful for many of our guys, but if there’s ever a game where they commit to dominating the paint (essentially the best parts of today extended), I can’t even fathom how many FTs and easy buckets they’d generate

• Like 6

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Statement win right there. Best we’ve played all season on the offensive side. And really didn’t hit much from 3 in this game. Love the zone mixed in there to disrupt bama on offense. Bama came to play and we flat out ran them out of the building. Let’s gooo!!! WDE!!!!

I seem to remember some early performances this season where we tried zone and it looked just discombobulated. Glad to see the coaches identified improved and returned to it. 
I have a feeling it’s a look we’ll need towards the back half of a potential March run. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Ok here it is. On the Lunar Calendar this year of the TIGER!!!  Last year was the year of the DOG and UGA won the Natty. The lunar calendar is 12 year rotation. Last time it was year of the Tiger and we won the Natty with CGC!!!! Just saying……

Love it but last year was the year of the Ox

• Haha 1

Lost in all of this is that we scored two points in the first five minutes of the second half and still put up 47 in the last 15 minutes. We’ve been gotten so resilient that I actually do not worry if teams go on a run against because it feels like we’ll just come back with one of our own. War Eagle!

• Like 1
  • Love 1