Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

12 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

They hit 14 3s and lost by 20 🤯

They had 30 fouls and in a tightly called game would’ve had 40. Also we only hit 23% from 3 and won by 20. 

Our 1-9 is just unmatched. Excuse my arrogance but this is the best team in the country. 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Auburn has been a pretty poor 3 point shooting team most nights as of late, and they’re still putting up a great bit more than what their opponents allow 

the three point THREAT is powerful for many of our guys, but if there’s ever a game where they commit to dominating the paint (essentially the best parts of today extended), I can’t even fathom how many FTs and easy buckets they’d generate

100% right, this is something we should plan. Alabama didn’t have a good interior defensive presence and we put up 52 in the paint, the most alabama has ever allowed all year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

They had 30 fouls and in a tightly called game would’ve had 40. Also we only hit 23% from 3 and won by 20. 

Our 1-9 is just unmatched. Excuse my arrogance but this is the best team in the country. 

It's not arrogance if it's true

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Our Boy showin up. Get em V8!

This makes me happy to see.  I hope there is no animosity towards Auburn and he left with nothing but good memories.

Bammers better hope we don't figure things out in football. They might be on suicide watch if we go into Bryant-Denney and steal a win this year.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

Love it but last year was the year of the Ox

But in 2010 it was still the year of the Tiger, and at least that parts correct. Drinking and texting will be my downfall!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

Lost in all of this is that we scored two points in the first five minutes of the second half and still put up 47 in the last 15 minutes. We’ve been gotten so resilient that I actually do not worry if teams go on a run against because it feels like we’ll just come back with one of our own. War Eagle!

Because we blocked or altered everything in the paint, they resorted to only 3’s. Even when they got within 2, I wasn’t worried because a college team can’t keep nailing 3’s all game. It’s not survivable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

The butthurt by the bammers is glorious. I've laughed all morning. Good lord, what a bunch of idiots 🤣🤣🤣

I thought the KY fans were butthurt, then came the IB sweep 🧹 

Bama fan meltdowns are on another level. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

They constantly bring up football season - the ultimate butthurt evidence. My favorite one is them saying they are in our heads when they are posting on Auburn social media accounts 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Had Wendell Green changing his hairstyle from something resembling a Russian fur hat to dreadlocks would produce a season high 23 points, he probably would have done it long ago.

55 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Nah, nothing will compare to Kentucky after their loss. There were Kentucky in the Reddit game thread and post game thread that were still crying about it. Never seen a fanbase melt for that long.

May have been mentioned earlier but….

Bilas irritates me at times by coming  off a bit arrogant and condescending (of course he does, he’s from Duke) but his commentary is usually spot-on. Last night he referred to KD as “a Volkswagen with a head” lol- I thought that was the perfect analogy.

• Like 2

Unlike some of our recent teams, we can dominate in the paint and with defense when our 3's are not falling. We can beat you in so many ways.

• Love 1

Smith let the emotions get to him just a little bit.  Learning experience.  Refs were the definition of inconsistent.  Overall dominated them...embarrassed them a little.  100 isn't a small thing against Alabama, and 5 of those came from walk-ons.

13 minutes ago, autan said:

Unlike some of our recent teams, we can dominate in the paint and with defense when our 3's are not falling. We can beat you in so many ways.

There really hasn't been a set of players on the floor that hasn't been able to compete/win.  Star at every spot.  Superstar at 2 of them.  If Flannigan can get going, it could get silly.  I will be very heart-broken if the season doesn't finish the way I think.  Could be one of the best teams not just in Auburn history, but in NCAA history.  The argument grows each game.

• Like 1