Lee Hunter

WarEagle1983

44 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m all for hard nosed coaching. If some players are backing him up EVEN THE ONES COMPLAINING AND LEAVING are saying he will be a winner on Saban level! But damn why try to turn an aircraft carrier around on a dime?  He should be a little less abrasive to keep any hope of near future success or get the recycling done now and rebuild 2-3 years down the road. Tough call. BUT MATT RHULE IS AVAILABLE. 

The truth is somewhere in the middle. The guys who even left didnt mind Harsin being hard nosed but he HAS to work on his communication skills

• Like 3

Someone with a Twitter pull up the Sammie Coates/Chad Slade convo. Chad saying that if these players think this staffs mean then they wouldn't have survived Yox lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

Someone with a Twitter pull up the Sammie Coates/Chad Slade convo. Chad saying that if these players think this staffs mean then they wouldn't have survived Yox lol. 

Wasn’t Yox the oline coach and Chizik was the head coach. So u have a checks and balance. The head coach family first attitude would trump a position coach.

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Wasn’t Yox the oline coach and Chizik was the head coach. So u have a checks and balance. The head coach family first attitude would trump a position coach.

Believe he was strength coach. Came in with Tubs and stayed through Chiz. But I see what you're saying. I've heard that strength coaches are the ones that players are most close with but no clue if its true 

4 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Well there was a warning that baseless accusations would warrant being banned. I don't know if that extends to alluding to or blantantly calling other commenters racist. I'm not as up on the rules. 

I mean if calling a poster a racist when they are actually being racist isn't okay then we got problems.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yox was the strength and training coach. He was tough, a screamer and very demanding.  

4 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

whereas Democrats eat one another alive and have zero ability to stick together.

Never have I heard someone attempt to frame holding others accountable for their wrong doings as "zero ability to stick together".

What a joke.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, au302 said:

Believe he was strength coach. Came in with Tubs and stayed through Chiz. But I see what you're saying. I've heard that strength coaches are the ones that players are most close with but no clue if its true 

Thanks I stand corrected 

3 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I am a HS coach/teacher under a coach who played under Saban. We run the "no BS" type of culture. We are hard on them, not "buddy buddy." I can vouch first hand this is a very real issue in today's society. "Hard coaching."  Not comparing HS to College, just kids in general these days. On the field and classroom.

I alluded to this several weeks ago in a different thread but our head coach in high school who went 28-0 in our district over a four year span. I was in the middle years. I hated that old SOB, he told me to be a dog not a cat, and many other not nice things. He would go on tirades all the time. Hard nosed as they come but we were mentally tough and disciplined. He developed a spring mental toughness camp. Mind over body. 30 minutes of pure hell, outside weather cold, obstacle course with army style stations and you sprinted 100 yards from each station. It was called camp fun. It was miserable. Our program revolved around destroying player entitlement. A handful of talented but entitled players can destroy a program.

Couple years after I graduated parents complained to the administration about camp fun and they made the coaches shut it down. Football team hasn't been the same since. @SumterAubie    And @bigbird   know the program and coach.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Didba said:

Never have I heard someone attempt to frame holding others accountable for their wrong doings as "zero ability to stick together".

What a joke.

Discern what you want from the comment. I said what I said. Jokes on you. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Yox was the strength and training coach. He was tough, a screamer and very demanding.  

Yox went out what year?

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Discern what you want from the comment. I said what I said. Jokes on you. 

Suuuuuure, bud. 😉

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, jknighton said:

2013...Malzahn brought Russell

What I thought.

• Like 1