Head Coaching Search 2022

Zeek

3 minutes ago, au302 said:

One I didn't think about. Brian Flores. We'd never do it, but would be legit. Pretty successful with the Dolphins, a hard a** like Harsin, and bet he could recruit big time

I like Flores and thought it was BS he was fired, but yeah...while telling Tua that he wanted Joe Burrow or that he wished he could've drafted Mac Jones is hilarious...he's not coming here either.

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

@GwillMac6

z26xLF.gif.06ab976a980e54a558b845c2a05b5876.gif

Get your 🍿 ready!!

terrell-owens-popcorn.gif

0002.gif

popcorn.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Yep, that was Freeze 😂  He coached Liberty’s opener from the hospital AND held a press conference 😂

93E83D16-D81F-439F-835A-161157B02BC9.jpeg

7FECA3BC-1C21-4EA3-B633-810B16F331AC.png

Judging by the bottom pic he's an Auburn fan because that's how the majority of us look Saturday evenings in the Fall.

• Haha 5

Thing about Freeze is he's a bit charismatic in the way Bruce is.  He could be that football version of energy with the students, fan base, boosters, and media.  I think he would try to market Auburn in that regard as well. I think he's also smart enough to realize he only gets another shot at the big table.  Don't screw it up.  And he can kill it in recruiting with NIL in my opinion of he's supported.  I think he will be because he won't burn those bridges with the BOT. On the field results to be determined, but I think he could cross off a lot of the other boxes with wanting to be at Auburn.  He's been reported to want this job badly.  That can go a long way.  Anyways if it's him, let's see how he does. 

• Like 2

LETS ALREADY GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!! I AM READY BAY BAY!!!!!! INJECT ALL THE CRAZINESS IN TO MY VEINS BRUHHHH!!!! lmao. WOOOO!!!! I AM SO FREAKING HYPED RIGHT NOW!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO BAY BAAAAY!!!!!! YESSSSIIRRRRRRRR!!!!

AcceptableSevereIrukandjijellyfish-size_

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

de-angelo-russell-ice-in-my-veins.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 2

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

LETS ALREADY GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!! I AM READY BAY BAY!!!!!! INJECT ALL THE CRAZINESS IN TO MY VEINS BRUHHHH!!!! lmao. WOOOO!!!! I AM SO FREAKING HYPED RIGHT NOW!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO BAY BAAAAY!!!!!! YESSSSIIRRRRRRRR!!!!

AcceptableSevereIrukandjijellyfish-size_

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

de-angelo-russell-ice-in-my-veins.gif

giphy.gif

Let me help you . Hugh Freeze. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Thing about Freeze is he's a bit charismatic in the way Bruce is.  He could be that football version of energy with the students, fan base, boosters, and media.  I think he would try to market Auburn in that regard as well. I think he's also smart enough to realize he only gets another shot at the big table.  Don't screw it up.  And he can kill it in recruiting with NIL in my opinion of he's supported.  I think he will be because he won't burn those bridges with the BOT. On the field results to be determined, but I think he could cross off a lot of the other boxes with wanting to be at Auburn.  He's been reported to want this job badly.  That can go a long way.  Anyways if it's him, let's see how he does. 

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we fire Harsin and get Freeze because of everything you mentioned. He would turn around the excitement in football just like Bruce did for Basketball. It would be, IMO, a homerun hire. We gave Bruce a second chance and he is loyal to us, loves Auburn, and works his ass off to make sure Auburn is a success. Freeze could do the same thing for Football.

• Like 1

Orange and Blue looks good on you Coach Freeze!!! It already runs in the family. His daughter has already graduated or will graduate soon from AU!!! WAR DAMN HUGH FREEZE EAGLE!!!! LEGGGOO!!! He is the kind of unifying personality we desperately need for AU football!!! WOOOOO

download.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Orange and Blue looks good on you Coach Freeze!!! It already runs in the family. His daughter has already graduated or will graduate soon from AU!!! WAR DAMN HUGH FREEZE EAGLE!!!! LEGGGOO!!! He is the kind of unifying personality we desperately need for AU football!!! WOOOOO

download.jpeg

Holy S... forgot his daughter is fam already.  How can you not love Auburn if you've spent time there with no stressful expectations?! He's seen the other side of it.  Come on home!  

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, jknighton said:

He's a NCAA sanction waiting to happen.

ok i keep hearing he needs to prove himself at a d1 school now he's on the road to violations. Hell we give everybody else a chance why not him? Just asking. 

I am curious why people are good with Freeze.  Are we to dismiss the sanctions levied against Ole Miss with him at the helm?   If he is the new coach, at least he is personable that seems to be a prerequisite.  Now we can be called Last Chance Coaching U, that might soften the optics.  Lightning rarely strikes twice . 

21 minutes ago, au302 said:

One I didn't think about. Brian Flores. We'd never do it, but would be legit. Pretty successful with the Dolphins, a hard a** like Harsin, and bet he could recruit big time

If you think there's drama around Harsin, just imagine the drama that would surround Flores when he was eventually fired.

38 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Briles was cleared of any wrongdoing.  Freeze was not.

It's quite unclear that Briles was "cleared of wrongdoing." His attorney says that. The Pepper Hamilton investigation says Briles created a context where misconduct was protected.

From the NCAA report that supposedly cleared Briles: "“In each instance, when the head coach received information from a staff member regarding potential criminal conduct by a football student-athlete, he did not report the information and did not personally look any further into the matter. His incurious attitude toward potential criminal conduct by his student-athletes was deeply troubling to the panel."

Speaking as someone who works in a university and chairs accreditation visits annually, those look like Title IX violations.

Just now, aublue88 said:

I am curious why people are good with Freeze.  Are we to dismiss the sanctions levied against Ole Miss with him at the helm?   If he is the new coach, at least he is personable that seems to be a prerequisite.  Now we can be called Last Chance Coaching U, that might soften the optics.  Lightning rarely strikes twice . 

He is forgiven 

I can't believe it but I'm starting to warm up to a certain name I had not taken serious before now. But with all the mess going on we need to stabalize the roster ASAP so I began to allow myself to consider the possibility. A couple thoughts first so bear with me.

All the coaches mentioned could be the best coaches in the world but without the players on the rosters they are nothing, including Saban or Smart. As they say, it's not the Xs and Os, it's the Jimmys and Joes. To that point, we have TAMU, UGa and bama putting the Js & Js on their roster in a historic way. We need to do the same and fast imo.

So who would be able to use our new football facility and NIL to recruit the heck out of the Southeast the best ? Who would immediately get the 4* and 5* Jimmys and Joes on the roster ? Who would give us that infusion of great players now, not later ? I think there is someone who would do the best job at accomplishing what we sorely need right now.

He would kill it with the new football facility, the NIL fully funded and our recuiting staff at his disposal. Add a very experienced OC and DC on staff with him and watch him work his magic.....Deon Sanders (absent him Grimes).

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

I am curious why people are good with Freeze.  

Freeze + NIL Money + Auburn + Non-state issued Burner Phone

Season 2 Omg GIF by The Office

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, selias said:

Fickell - Though he's spent his entire career in and around Ohio, his current UC roster has 8 kids from FL (9 if you count the Bama transfer), 3 from GA, and a smattering of other states south of the Mason-Dixon line. His buyout should be down to $3-3.5M now

Grimes - Everyone here already knows him so, I'm not sure I need to add anything extra. He could be a cure for our OL issues (recruiting and teaching)

I wanted Fickell when we hired Harsin and before Cincinnati made a run for the natty. But what I know about hiring head coaches for Power 5 programs is a lot less than what most around here think they know.

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Freeze + NIL Money + Auburn + Non-state issued Burner Phone

Season 2 Omg GIF by The Office

Distribute bong masks to everyone & stop testing.

We've got a stew going

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I was just looking at the responses that you received. Whats with all the thumbs down and face palms that people are giving when it comes to Sanders? he might not be your cup of tea but to an 18 to 22 year old he might be just what they want. Remember we dont play we just watch and tell everyone else what they should do.

People that don't understand insider football. It's only taken Deon one coaching season to show what he's capable of. NFL Hall of Famer, Polished enough to be CBS Pre Game NFL host, damn sure knows the x's and o's, and a tremendous motivator. Has so many contacts in the Pros (including fellow Hall of Famers) and in college, and  could line up a coaching dream team- OC and DC + position coaches, and lights out recruiters.  But people be worried about what they perceive as shuck and jive from his playing days. Deon is all grown up now but still doesn't fit their old school stereotypes.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

He’s been washed in the Liberty blood and redeemed, and personally blessed by Jerry Falwell himself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

People that don't understand insider football. It's only taken Deon one coaching season to show what he's capable of. NFL Hall of Famer, Polished enough to be CBS Pre Game NFL host, damn sure knows the x's and o's, and a tremendous motivator. Has so many contacts in the Pros (including fellow Hall of Famers) and in college, and  could line up a coaching dream team- OC and DC + position coaches, and lights out recruiters.  But people be worried about what they perceive as shuck and jive from his playing days. Deon is all grown up now but still doesn't fit their old school stereotypes.

It has nothing to do with that.

It has everything to do with the fact he’s only been coaching….period….for two years.  

Just because he was a great NFL player doesn’t qualify him for an SEC HC job.  And I’m not sure he would be able to pull in the quality of coaches that you think he would. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I can't believe it but I'm starting to warm up to a certain name I had not taken serious before. But with all the mess going on we need to stabalize and fix the roster ASAP. A couple thoughts first so bear with me.

All the coaches mentioned could be the best coaches in the world but without the players on the rosters they are nothing, including Saban or Smart. As they say, it's not the Xs and Os, it's the Jimmys and Joes. To that point, we have TAMU, UGa and bama putting the Js&Js on their roster in a historic way. We need to do the same and fast imo. Get the players on the roster and it won't matter how long you've been a head coach, you've got OCs and DCs with the experience on your staff.   

After considering the most important factor to a program, the roster, a certain coach makes more and more sense. Who would be able to use our new football facility and NIL to recruit the heck out of the Southeast the best ? Who would immediately get the 4* and 5* Jimmys and Joes on the roster ? Who would give us that infusion of great players now, not later ? I think there is someone who would do the best job at doing what we sorely need right now. He would kill it with the new football facility, the NIL fully funded and our recuiting staff at his disposal. Add a very experienced OC and DC on staff with him and watch him work his magic.

Deon Sanders (absent him Grimes)

And knows scheme on both sides of the ball. That's why CBS hired the NFL Hall of Famer to host their Sunday pregame show. He's in his mid 50's now and a polished motivator of young men. With his contacts in the NFL and college he could assemble a formidable staff of assistants. 

People that shudder at Deon have not looked at his body of work. They just picture a sassy black kid with a gold chain too big for their liking, running back a pick six with his finger in the air.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Distribute bong masks to everyone & stop testing.

We've got a stew going

He was wearing masks before it was cool to wear masks

• Love 1