Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Really frustrating when the person who shoots the 2nd most is 2-15. At some point you have to realize it's not your night and try to get others involved. I'm also so upset with Zep. You can't just stop shooting cause you miss 2 shots.

• Like 1

With Flanigan  on the court it’s a 5 on 4 game. He should have been on the bench weeks ago. Can’t believe Bruce continues to give him so much playing time. Coaches son is killing us and Bruce is letting it happen and I think it’s causing division within the team. Zep wouldn’t pass him the ball while wide open, turning the ball over. 

• Dislike 1

I am starting to worry if there is some jealousy going on. Clearly as a guard u have to know when u are having a bad game. Jabari is the best player on the team but somehow they refuse to get him the ball in crunch time. At least run the play through him.

• Like 2

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Jabari inside. UT wins 67-62. Really glad Wendell decided to play hero ball in the second half and didn't increase a single stat other than misses and fouls than he had in the 1st half 

I don’t understand his thought process. Zero fundamentals. 

Last moments of the game proves what i've BEEN saying all the time. Last few minutes of a close game needs to be Jabari time. Only time he getting rid of the ball if he's double or triple teamed and if he does, give it back to him!

But that's guard play recognition on our guys to know that. You keep feeding him until the other team makes changes. We have to get better with basketball IQ. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Que the “we’ve become spoiled fans”, “it’s so hard to win on the road”, and “gotta keep shooting 3’s because that’s what we do” messages. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Kesslers energy on the glass today was terrible. I mean he pissed me off as much as Wendell 

Yes, Kessler played very lazy today. And Wendell did what he's been doing the last couple of weeks...nothing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Jabari inside. UT wins 67-62. Really glad Wendell decided to play hero ball in the second half and didn't increase a single stat other than misses and fouls than he had in the 1st half 

And this is what I don’t get. When a player is hurting the team like that, why doesn’t Pearl sit him and let him see the game from the bench for awhile??

Just now, Pedaler said:

That was infuriating to watch. We had better learn how to play away from home.

This . They leave their shooting percentage in Auburn. They could have whipped Tennessee. Damn 

The guards on this team will be the sole reason Auburn will win only one game in the tournament before being bounced. Pretty sad considering how nice of a season it has been. Like, as good as it has been and we probably won't have any accolades to show for it. 

Just now, PigskinPat said:

And this is what I don’t get. When a player is hurting the team like that, why doesn’t Pearl sit him and let him see the game from the bench for awhile??

Probably bc similar to a Bryce or Jared, he can get hot, and we currently don't have a scorer at the guard position 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Que the “we’ve become spoiled fans”, “it’s so hard to win on the road”, and “gotta keep shooting 3’s because that’s what we do” messages. 

No s***. Always from the crowd that barely watches AU basketball and just checks the score and W/L record. 

• Like 3

Guards definitely getting exposed.   Will be a short tourney unless this picks up.   Got out hustled also.    Poor game all around except for Jabari.  

Guys - Auburn, UK, Ark, UT - top 4 teams in SEC. Neither of the 4 have beat the other top 4 on the road. I’m concerned but we are okay. We also have played competitive basketball every game. UT and UK have blow each other out at home. 

• Like 3

We still control our own destiny. 1 game lead with 2 games left. Win them both and we good. Gotta have better guard play, we saw flashes of good Flan, and Jabari is getting better and better.

• Like 1

If AU is gonna have post season success, we have to be aggressive on the boards, run everything through Jabari, he's the only guy I literally don't get mad at for taking a contested shot. Zep hopefully unlocks his O, Wendell needs to be under control, KD same thing, Flan and DC have to play good defense and pick their spots on O. Kessler just keep doing your thing but I beg that you show more energy than you did today 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 3

There just isn't anything I have seen that says this team will do anything in March. We just seem to be going backwards. I'll get my hopes up during the home games thinking we have learned a lesson, only to see complete garbage on the road. Wendell Green is just no good though. Hopefully Bruce can get some shooters in, because watching our offense is offensive.