Men vs Miss State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I would take some basic solid PG play everyday all day over what Greene brings to the table. He has been a killer for quite a while now and combined with KD’s erratic play and Flanigan just being flat out bad makes for a bad run to end the season. Zep has kinda always been Zep so nothing really different there. 

CBP put together a promising stable, just got unlucky that Wendell decided to lean towards the scoring aspects of his game rather than the play making down the stretch. Flanigan has just been a tragedy and Zep isn't an initiator unfortunately. 

And to be fair to Wendell, defenses changing how they play him clearly went into changing his mentality. He didn't just become this. But, the cards have fell how they did. 

I think Bruce asked Green, why now?  Lol.  Hasn't attacked all night. 

• Haha 1

KD fouled and will shoot 2 75-66 AU 1:10

makes both 77-66 AU. KD with 12 pts in OT

Edited by Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

That's the way it should be as much as possible 

Definitely agree.

2 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

We're running 3 guards.  No Flan.

If you can get the defense/rebounding he brings from elsewhere, like they have in OT, then there's not much reason to have Flan tbh. At least this version of him 

You couldn't bench Zep for defense, you can't bench Wendell, and KD is your best closer out of all of the guards. Just no space for Flanigan tonight unfortunately. I don't envy Pearl having to manage keeping that guy's head up. It's been tough for all of those parties involved 

• Like 1

If we played. Single minutes of the second half like we have in OT, we win outright.

Then isn’t is funny Green hustles down and shoots when we should be running clock???  Opposite of the end of regulation. Argh!

• Like 2

Jabari slam and 1 that was vicious! 80-68 AU 21 seconds 

makes it 81-68 AU 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

It's such a small play and doesn't matter much in the long run but go back to that crap Green fastbreak and watch the extra gear Zep gets into as he had to make sure to be there for the rebound.

ALSO ..> WOW JABARI WITH THE HAMMER!!!

3 minutes ago, Pedaler said:

Man, I miss Jared’s finishes high off of the board. unblockable

I could honestly see that getting better for Wendell next year. Just didn't play this type of physicality or stature on that prior level and we didn't play too many particularly tough matchups for him in the OOC. I think it'd be tough to mechanically adjust in the midst of a season, but I think he will in the offseason

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2