Men vs Miss State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

As BP just said; this team has no quit, and even with some of the boneheaded stuff they do, that's why I'll never doubt them 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If we had the same record as Arkansas or Tennessee, we'd be out of luck. Arkansas is pretty much in pole position in that hypothetical, but they have to play UTk again so we'll see 

edit: LSU winning tonight would be very very big. Pretty much eliminates the Arkansas side of that possibility

They were winning late but close. 

• Like 1

No joke if we could just get minumal production from Green and Flan we are coasting. Love that Jasper is taking more shots because as long as Green continues to have these problems we will need more production from him. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

They were winning late but close. 

Yeah that sucked. Auburn will look like a world beater again and beat USC jr by 40 with it being at home, but I just wanted the security 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 8:23 PM, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

No joke if we could just get minumal production from Green and Flan we are coasting. Love that Jasper is taking more shots because as long as Green continues to have these problems we will need more production from him. 

Bruce is going to have to make the hard choice to basically halve Flan's minutes for post-season play. He just doesn't have it this year, and you are stealing minutes from KD and Devan when he's on the floor. I think he experimented w/ this a bit tonight w/ Greene, Zep, and KD on the floor together. 

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 2

Damn I hate these late games...now I'm jacked up and have to try to go to sleep...goodnight Champions!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I would take some basic solid PG play everyday all day over what Greene brings to the table. He has been a killer for quite a while now and combined with KD’s erratic play and Flanigan just being flat out bad makes for a bad run to end the season. Zep has kinda always been Zep so nothing really different there. 

I agree. So many times people look at a PG and if they're averaging big points per game. A PG should never be a top scorer and if they are then his team isn't winning a title. A PG above all things has to get everyone involved and facilitate. He has to be calm under pressure and know when to get the ball to the guy that's hot, when NOT to go to a player that's cold, etc. The PG is the QB in basketball. The best ones like Magic, Stockton, Chauncey Billups, Isiah Thomas, Bobby Hurley (college) never averaged a ton of points but their teams won alot. Then the PG's who want to score first and lead the team in ppg like Iverson, Westbrook and others, never win championships. Hell, most good PG's were bad shooters like Magic, Rajon Rondo, etc. I commented a few days ago that this team is CRAVING a Jared Harper type PG that keeps his head during the biggest moments and seems to always understand who is hot and who is not. Wendell Green is a liability lately and most fans don't trust him with the ball, especially in closing seconds. If fans aren't trusting him then why is Bruce?? If we here on this board can see that Wendell is hurting us late in games and he can't run a halfcourt offense, what is Bruce seeing to keep him out there and putting the ball in his hands late? 

Let's beat South Carolina and finish our home season undefeated. WDE

• Like 1

Amazing that you can win after being outrebounded by 18. If we don't fix that, the big dance is going to be a huge disappointment.  We got killed with offensive rebounds again. Gave up 20 and got 6.  That shouldn't be happening with the size of our front court.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So if we lose to USCjr, will we have to share regular season champs?

Correct. Lose we share. Win we win.

BlaringBraveIcefish-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

With this team, just watch the last 5 mins. The first 35 is literally iwatch heart rate warning chaos (trust me). Being ahead or behind by 20 doesn’t seem to matter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I just realized we played Mississippi State on 3/2. Heh

Well, I guess someone would work that back into the conversation somehow. Congrats. :poke:

I am older than most of you and my day-to-day life can sometimes be on the boring side. This basketball season is so much fun. I look forward to every game and have watched every second of every game that I can. I used to love to compete in sports. I loved to win, but even more I loved to compete. When you have the chance to play your best against the best competition and overcome the pressure when the game is on the line.

Watching Auburn this year, especially lately, has been thrilling! Is it frustrating at times? Absolutely! But how can you not enjoy that competitive feeling in the pit of your stomach when things are going badly and someone has to step up to stop the bleeding? I love watching this team! So many on this forum seem absolutely miserable when watching a close game. What is up with that? Why watch if it makes you miserable?

There is a good chance that we lose another game or two this year. So what? When is the last time that we were projected to be a number one seed in the NCAA tourney in March? Enjoy this! Even with Bruce, you may never get to experience this again. Peacock, baby!!!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Boy was it ugly down the end of regulation... but we won... at least a share of the SEC regular season tonight.  I am going to drink a brew and be thankful we won and ua lost tonight.

Zep/Fan got 13 points tonight on 4 of 12 shooting.  It doesn't mean we win pretty but we have not lost if we get to 10 from them.  Flan really only had 2 pts and there was some "...what are they doing out there moments..." but several players had them too.

Jabari is playing with more aggression, I love it.

points_1.jpg

Edited by 81spacetiger
  • Like 1