Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

48 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not buying that.  Landon King's role and opportunities are expanding.  Dee was looking at another year of riding the pine, buried at 4th on the depth chart.

Just found what you were referring to.  The poster that said that corrected himself and said "Correction they said he is the best bet to be our 50/50 ball guy WR I read the DM wrong."

Thanks for clearing that up. I must have misread. Yea King should be a big time contributor this season.

24 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Crap, I hope he transfers to Liberty and lights it up and becomes a 1st round draft pick. Dang it; I like the kid.

I think most of us wish him well in that capacity. I have yet to hear a bad word about him. Sometimes its just not in the cards at the current location.

I have to admit I had high hopes for Dee Davis. But seeing the reports on his passing accuracy and having Ashford who is a bigger version of Davis with a stronger and more accurate arm meant that the writing was on the wall. Many myself included worried about the O-line and not having a mobile QB. Ashford can be a run QB if needed and Calzada and Geriner are big enough and Mobile enough to buy time to pass. 

I wanted Davis and am sad to see him go but it is the right decision.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

He has terrible accuracy problems. Why would you put him in?

Being a HS stud doesn't always translate. 

So did every other qb on the roster. AU had zero to lose putting him in. AU did not have good or even average qb play after nix was injured 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

He has terrible accuracy problems. Why would you put him in?

Being a HS stud doesn't always translate. 

This…can’t make the routine throws in practice and was falling behind.

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Remember that article where him and his dad talked about being so dedicated to Auburn? 

That before Harsin brought in three QB transfers?

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

This…can’t make the routine throws in practice and was falling behind.

Some people have to see with their own eyes before they'll believe it. Since we haven't actually seen Davis in game, he's the next possible Cam Newton in some people's minds.

Most people I've read who say they've seen DD in practice/drills say they aren't surprised he wasn't a contender for the starting job. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Wonder what Freeze can do with him…or maybe UCF with Gus 🤷🏽‍♂️

If he had a choice between the two, I think he would receive better coaching from Freeze and company.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

Remember that article where him and his dad talked about being so dedicated to Auburn? 

I think he proved his dedication by lasting this long. 

If he wants a chance at being a starting QB at college, it's in his best interest to go somewhere else. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, woodford said:

Seems like Dee was dedicated to AU. Stayed through a coaching change and gave it his all. 

By all accounts, he wasn't accurate enough and fell down the depth chart. Was quite possibly advised to look elsewhere. Which is Harsin's prerogative. 

In other words, no one did anything wrong. This is how it works out sometimes. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Not buying that.  Landon King's role and opportunities are expanding.  Dee was looking at another year of riding the pine, buried at 4th on the depth chart.

Just found what you were referring to.  The poster that said that corrected himself and said "Correction they said he is the best bet to be our 50/50 ball guy WR I read the DM wrong."

How the heck does one mix that up? 😂 That’s the shortest and absolute worst game of telephone I have ever seen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Best I can remember, DD ran a very run heavy offense in high school. Super athletic guy in that offense really opens up the pass. Also usually has less reads for him to think through. Kinda like Ole Gus’s philosophy. Different passing concepts. He may be a good athlete but it may just not translate to what Hars wants to do. Just like that sometimes.

Edited by wildlife alumni

43 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Some people have to see with their own eyes before they'll believe it.

I have, for a few years.  Don't buy into the poor mouthing many try with Dee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

So did every other qb on the roster. AU had zero to lose putting him in. AU did not have good or even average qb play after nix was injured 

Even if TJ wasn't great, at least he was completing passes in practice against air/scout team which is opposite to what DD did. If you're throwing scout team ints you'll be eaten alive in actual competition. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I have, for a few years.  Don't buy into the poor mouthing many try with Dee.

It's not poor mouthing or being mean to a kid just bc he's not amazing. 

Your Texas bias has always been overbearing with this kid.

Another awful QB evaluation by Gus

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is all I'll say on the matter.

Dee can absolutely be an SEC level QB. Thinking otherwise requires very little nuance in ones thinking.  Many said very similar things when Willis was run off and they were very wrong about him too.

Thank you Dee for trying everything you could to make it work. This isn't on you or your considerable abilities. Right place wrong time type of thing. Good luck and continue to focus on your successes.

I dont think the Willis Davis parallel is there. Willis, as far as I recall, was never chastised for very poor accuracy. Along with the Willis admitted mental/effort/whatever you want to call it issues which haven't seemed to be a problem with Davis. Even at Auburn, Willis had better strength and accuracy. 

I hope Willis does well where he goes, bit I don't see him being an sec starter or making it to the NFL. 

22 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It's not poor mouthing or being mean to a kid just bc he's not amazing. 

How do you know he's not? Have you seen him play in a game? Have you ever seen him lead a team?

No, you haven't. But again, you try a pass off conjecture and hearsay about his abilities as incontrovertible facts that you know to be true...but really, you don't know.  Anyone that claims to, that hasn't coached or watched him live in games, is FOS. 

He didn't fit in this O. Period.  I hoped he would be given a chance to show out, but he wasn't. That's not on him or his abilities. Also, that's not bias, that's understanding the athlete and the profession better than you.

Dee is and has always been the quintessential "Auburn man" and should be treated so.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is all I'll say on the matter.

Dee can absolutely be an SEC level QB. Thinking otherwise requires very little nuance in ones thinking.  Many said very similar things when Willis was run off and they were very wrong about him too.

Thank you Dee for trying everything you could to make it work. This isn't on you or your considerable abilities. Right place wrong time type of thing. Good luck and continue to focus on your successes.

Difference is; with Gus I get why Malik didn’t reach his potential. But Dee couldn’t make a move under Gus, Bobo or Kiesau. I just don’t think this is a repeat of Malik Willis at Liberty. 

• Like 1