2022 5* Wing/Big Julian Phillips Commits to Vols

ellitor

51 minutes ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

This coming weekend. Not today 

Ok. I consider that next weekend until the current Sunday is over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

Phillips is committing this weekend. Tennessee is still the plan 

1 hour ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

This coming weekend. Not today 

confused-lost.gif.a1a5c79866e16b7057d18a3798038872.gif

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

Thanks for the confirmation.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Thanks for the confirmation.

It's the plan, til it's no longer the plan. 

2 hours ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761192a432efda176f67aa

10 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

It's the plan, til it's no longer the plan. 

Exactly.

4 hours ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

One hour and 4 minutes to go! If you're going by Knoxsucks time, that's now three minutes. He better hurry up!

Edited by Mikey
  • Facepalm 2

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

One hour and 4 minutes to go! If you're going by Knoxsucks time, that's now three minutes. He better hurry up!

He was getting ahead of himself. He thought it was already Monday, because all of his days suck equally, and he actually meant *next* weekend. Keep up, brother.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I’m of the opinion that Bruce Pearl has done more to raise the ceiling for potential star level talent of the last half decade. If someone wanted to say Barnes has done more to develop castaways, I’d be fine with that, but if I was Phillips, I’d at least have that in my mind 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m of the opinion that Bruce Pearl has done more to raise the ceiling for potential star level talent of the last half decade. If someone wanted to say Barnes has done more to develop castaways, I’d be fine with that, but if I was Phillips, I’d at least have that in my mind 

Yeah, the only top level recruits in that time span who didn't raise their draft stock are Coop, whom we only saw briefly, and Jabari, who didn't have much room up to go. Everyone else who was a 4 star or better has increased their draft stock.

The big thing that playing for Bruce seems to develop in kids, at least to my uneducated eye, is defensive presence. Maybe he just attracts recruits who are naturally gifted in that direction, but the calling card of a Pearl centerpiece star is an extremely well balanced game. From what I've seen of high school basketball, kids aren't learning much defense before getting to college, so deductive reasoning suggests Bruce is teaching/honing in on that kind of thing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rednilla said:

He was getting ahead of himself. He thought it was already Monday, because all of his days suck equally, and he actually meant *next* weekend. Keep up, brother.

Ya' think? DUH! Unlike many here, I read the entire thread before commenting. I was having a little fun with the GURU. If it went over your head(s), well, that's life.

Edited by Mikey

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Ya' think? DUH! Unlike many here, I read the entire thread before commenting. I was having a little fun with the GURU. Sorry it went over your head(s).

The problem is that we'd already moved on to ridiculing him for...ah, nevermind...

Just now, Rednilla said:

The problem is that we'd already moved on to ridiculing him for...ah, nevermind...

The only problem I see is you and your wingman thinking nobody else is allowed to crack a joke.

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The only problem I see is you and your wingman thinking nobody else is allowed to crack a joke.

*SIGH* Forgive me if my mind had already moved on and was ridiculing him on a faster progression than you were, and if I felt like teasing you for being behind and dragging us back to that point after we'd moved on.

There's nothing explicitly wrong with your post, it just seems redundant is all.

Once I stopped to think about the number of players Bruce has improved their professional stock it is impressive. Okeke, Harper, Brown, Kessler, Thor, AF until he got hurt and I think he even improved Jabari some. I know he was already going to be a high pick but I don't think he was possible #1 coming in.

55 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Once I stopped to think about the number of players Bruce has improved their professional stock it is impressive. Okeke, Harper, Brown, Kessler, Thor, AF until he got hurt and I think he even improved Jabari some. I know he was already going to be a high pick but I don't think he was possible #1 coming in.

I don't think he was viewed as being quite so likely a #1 before the season, but he was viewed largely in the same light then. But Bruce did definitely develop him from where he started. Again, I'd bet a great deal of the defensive form Jabari showed came from Pearl.

• Like 1

Taking a break from our recent guru addition to the basketball forums, when exactly is Phillips supposed to announce his destination?  Last I heard was early this week.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Taking a break from our recent guru addition to the basketball forums, when exactly is Phillips supposed to announce his destination?  Last I heard was early this week.

Lol expect someone to know of a specific date when it’s not even announced yet. Real clown activity 

21 minutes ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

Lol expect someone to know of a specific date when it’s not even announced yet. Real clown activity 

Well, that's what I was asking, dingus.  I was wondering if an announcement date had been put out there yet.  I had a busy last few days and hadn't kept up.

36 minutes ago, AuburnbasketballGuru said:

What kind of clown are you? 

• Haha 1

Y'all let's leave the newb alone for now & let Phillips' recruitment play out. We don't need the thread derailed again.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Y'all let's leave the newb alone for now & let Phillips' recruitment play out. We don't need the thread derailed again.

Yes, teenagers change their minds constantly. We will never know until Phillips announce himself. Florida had momentum with Broome until Bruce and Steven Pearl had the last in home visit with Broome and his father. You just never know with teenagers. If Phillips picks another school besides Auburn, I don't see it as a big blow because a a couple of months ago Auburn was never in the picture until he decomimitted from LSU.

• Like 2