Give predictions for 2022

aubiefifty

i believe we are loaded on defense. if pa comes back healthy and steiner and riley step up like i have read all year and with our D line beefing up i think we might be better than we have in a while.i also think our line and our backers make our secondaries job a little bit easier.  we seem to be looking for a qb who can do just enough to help us win without being super fancy and i believe we have that even if i am not sure who will start. if we improve our run blocking it will be huge for us since we want to rely on tank. and last coach seems to think we are going to be better than last year and that is a huge statement to me. of course we have to worry about injuries. now i am just a fan and i do not have the knowledge like cole or bird and some of those cats but i thought it might be fun to see what folks think since it is slow. what ya got folks?

5-0 going into UGA, 2 tough road games in Athens and Oxford, rebound at home against Arky, win on the road at MooState, 2 more tough loses at the end against TaMu and Bama, Bowl game win in Florida, top 10 recruiting class.  

Edit to add I think you’ll see Auburn bring in a ton of top level transfers due to the huge holes you’ll have along the Lines after the season.  

Edited by Win4AU
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think we will be a little better than we were last year but the problem is some of the teams we play like UGA and bama are just better and some of the toss up games those teams may be better also.   Defense will be strong point as long as O does not have one 3 and out after another. If Finley wins starting job I think we are in trouble. I expected a lot more out of him in A-Day game with 2nd year with team and getting most of 1st team reps. Especially since he played against 2nd team defense. Ashford looked better than I expected and I saw enough of Calzada last year to prefer him or Ashford over Finley.

We should win Mercer and San Jose making us 2-0

Penn State is a toss up as not sure how good they are and also how much home field will help I am going on a limb we win 3-0 but could be 2-1

Missouri at home we will win 4-0 or 3-1

LSU at Home they were worse then us last year we win 5-0 or 4-1

UGA there we lose 5-1 or 4-2

Ole Miss there toss-up but go with them 5-2 or 4-3

Arkansas at home we win 6-2 or 5-3

Miss St there another toss up  7-2 or 5-4 I think we will win against either Ole Miss or Miss state but not both

Texas A&M to much talent we lose 7-3 or 5-5

Western Ky we win 8-3 or 6-5

bama there we lose 8-4 6-6

If we beat one of the Mississisppi teams or Penn State then  either 8-4 or 7-5.

I would love to see one of those Auburn miracle seasons where everybody says we are down, but O-line, QB, and defensive depth prevent me from believing that. Best I think we could do is 9-3 beating 2 of 3 with Penn Stare and the 2 Miss. teams.

My final prediction 7-5.  

• Like 1

IMHO, unless we get a significant upgrade over T.J. Finley at QB (and we might in Ashford), this team will go only as far as the defense can carry it.

Anywhere from 7-5 to 5-7.

Edited by MaxCohen216
  • Like 1

Too much of an unknown right now to even guess.  We still have 7 or 8 players that we can sign.  A lot can change in the next 4- 6 weeks.

If we sign an OL or two, experienced WR, plus another guy, safety and I think we have a ceiling of 10 wins.  We don't add much of note that helps in '22 and I'm not going to be shocked at any record prediction between 3-9 and 8-4

• Like 3

5-7 or 6-6. Our QB and WR positions are bottom end of the conference. Tanks gonna be facing lots of 8 man fronts behind a OLine that struggles to run block. And our roster as a whole just doesnt have the top end talent to beat the better teams on the schedule.

• Like 3

I’m feeling 8-4 is the ceiling, hope I’m wrong.

But, 7-5 just feels about where we are. Prove me wrong Harsin!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxCohen216 said:

IMHO, unless we get a significant upgrade over T.J. Finley at QB (and we might in Ashford), this team will go only as far as the defense can carry it.

I think Calzada is significantly better than TJ.  Ashford is the wildcard.  I may even put the true freshman ahead of the TJ if it came down to it.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I think Calzada is significantly better than TJ.  Ashford is the wildcard.  I may even put the true freshman ahead of the TJ if it came down to it.  

Calzada was one of the worst QBs in the conference last year.  Right behind Bo Nix.

Most preseason lists are going to have ZC around 10th or 11th in the conference.

I *think* Calzada is going to be the starter next year.  But he did have a lot of bad games last year.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Calzada is just not SEC caliber, and neither is TJ.  🤢

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

So you know, while Finley has the confidence of his teammates, he's currently behind Calzada and Geriner, who is just behind Calzada even as a true freshman. Ashford will have a few special packages, as well; so if TJ wants to get a shot, he's going to have to step up big during the summer and preseason practices.

In short, while it's not impossible, I sincerely doubt Finley sees the field much this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Optimistic: 9-3 with a shot at double digits in the bowl
Pessimistic: 6-6 with Harsin skating on extremely thin ice

• Like 2

We don’t have the kind of offense we need to compete. If Calzada is our best option at the beginning of the season, we are in deep doo doo, IMO. 

Mercer -W

SJSU -W

PSU - L

Missouri - W

LSU - L

UGA - L Gonna be UGAly

Ole Miss - L

Arky - W

Miss St - W

TexAM- L

WKU - W

Bama - L Don’t want to think about it.

Birmingham bowl W

7-6 record

We are talking about who our coach is going to be in January. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

6-6 with Harsin skating on extremely thin ice

I believe this is about on spot for this year.

• Like 1

Based on my 60 years of experience watching Auburn football I will say somewhere between 15-0 and 0-12.  Anyone who thinks they can predict anything to do with Auburn football is kidding themselves.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Harsin drove a car at Talladega so that should translate to two extra unexpected Wins.

I'll go with 6-7.. Win four straight to start out the year, lose the next four and then drop a bowl game vs ucf to further plunge the message board in to eternal chaos 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Full schedule. Full capacity, no mask requirements no testing of players, staff no mention of quarantine. Good season. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rednilla said:

So you know, while Finley has the confidence of his teammates, he's currently behind Calzada and Geriner, who is just behind Calzada even as a true freshman. Ashford will have a few special packages, as well; so if TJ wants to get a shot, he's going to have to step up big during the summer and preseason practices.

In short, while it's not impossible, I sincerely doubt Finley sees the field much this year.

Wow, red dropping the bombs today. Did not expect to see that Geriner has already passed TJ after spring.... at all. Shows Harsin is not afraid to shuffle the depth chart, which is good to see. I've been worried that TJ gets first string since he's the veteran.

But man, I hope him having the support of the locker room doesn't cause more internal turmoil if he's benched. Sick of the drama, just want as unified of a team as you can get now a days that looks like they enjoy being around each other. Has not felt that way watching for 4 years now. Hopefully the others are acclimating well and will earn respect too. TJ is a really good dude so I understand why he's a popular guy

I won't be surprised to see Geriner as the #1 QB by mid-season if not before. His top side is better than the others. But, it might be too soon for him.

It's too early to predict a record with any certainty. We could add players through the portal, we could lose some to injuries and other factors.

I can see winning the three gimme games, splitting with Mizzou and MSU and losing the rest for 4-8. Or we could get a good bounce in some game and finish 5-7.

We should know enough to make a serious prediction by late August.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

6-7

CBH probs gets one more year to show progress in that case.

• Like 1

We were in every game we lost last yr, including  1st half against Georgia.. So the record could have been alot better. We could also have easily lost a couple games we won. 8-4 this year

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

4 we should win for certain

6 toss-ups (2 of those on the road)

2 likely losses

We have the same line and don't seem to be in position to add anything of note there. We're weaker at QB and WR than last year and missing some playmakers in the secondary. With the MS teams on the road and unknowns with Penn State and LSU, I'm seeing 5-7, 6-6. If Harsin pulls out 7 or more wins with what he has, he should be bullet-proof for a couple of years. 

• Like 2