2023 4* Edge Keldric Faulk flips to AU

Zeek

Deciding today (July 5th) at 11.

He hasn't told any of the staffs where he is going yet. Auburn beat writers think it's FSU, FSU writers think it's a battle between them and Clemson, the Clemson beat isn't saying much at all.

This would be a massive and embarrassing loss considering we were a lock for so long. He lists proximity to home, his mother's opinion, and connections with coaches as his main focus.

Personally, despite all the reporters saying otherwise, I refuse to give up here. Faulk is critical to the success of this class. That being said, it's not December yet and things can change.

Looking at FSU's schedule I could see them going 5-7 for the second year in a row (3-6 before that) and letting Norvell go. With how much Faulk has stressed the importance of connections he would not stay on board with FSU.

Were he to choose Clemson I wouldn't be near as upset or surprised. More successful program and he has known Eason the longest. I do think from a playing time perspective (and if you look at who Clemson already has committed) it would be a poor choice.

War Eagle either way. Let's collectively agree not to melt down if this heads south.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So it’s pretty much looking like a battle between FSU/Clemson? Damn how the hell did we end up third? There ain’t no way we should be losing out to FSU. If he chooses Clemson then it is what it is...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

So it’s pretty much looking like a battle between FSU/Clemson? Damn how the hell did we end up third? There ain’t no way we should be losing out to FSU. If he chooses Clemson then it is what it is...

I really don't buy the narrative we are third. Just sharing what's being said. 

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I really don't buy the narrative we are third. Just sharing what's being said. 

Do the beat writers have an explanation of why we dropped?  Did we stop communicating with him?

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Do the beat writers have an explanation of why we dropped?  Did we stop communicating with him?

Keldrick Faulk's recruitment has been a rather quiet one which is why no one really knows anything. That's why our reporters are basically saying it's a four way tie. JLee said on the On3 Recruiting podcast that if it were between Auburn or the field, he'd bet on the field just based on probabilities.

But again... No one really knows.

• Thanks 1

No matter what happens today it sounds like this one will be far from over. He's apparently truly and totally torn. Probably should push it back for his own sake imo, but it'll stretch into December regardless. Great kid apparently. Being torn in a million directions.

So while we want to win the battle today, let's especially just hope he doesn't pick Clemson today because Dabo and Eason will take advantage of that with their unusual tactics to prevent a flip. FSU would be much easier to try and flip from. Long way to go in this one, even if he picks us.

• Like 1

Flips aren't that easy to accomplish. It's never a good position to be in when a school's fans are reduced to hoping the player in question can be flipped later. Times are changing for certain but historically, 90% of committed players stick with their first choice. Lets hope AU is this guy's first choice.

PS: That 90% isn't something I pulled out of thin air. A couple of former recruiting gurus that used to post here and I all agreed on this. A coaching change can make the flip more likely but it's still a very iffy thing.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 3

Also any of you long-timers remember an "au student23" on here? Apparently he used to be big time on this site, and was known to have a lot of credibility. He now jumps in every so often over at On3 and gives some predictions. He popped on On3 last night and says we get Faulk today and Glenn later on.

I tried to tag him on here, but it doesn't look like he has an account. Have heard he possibly left this site. Anyways, just wondering if y'all remember him. Of course the one on On3 has been speculated as a possible different account, but it's not confirmed either way if this is the old guy.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, au302 said:

Also any of you long-timers remember an "au student23" on here? Apparently he used to be big time on this site, and was known to have a lot of credibility. He now jumps in every so often over at On3 and gives some predictions. He popped on On3 last night and says we get Faulk today and Glenn later on.

I tried to tag him on here, but it doesn't look like he has an account. Have heard he possibly left this site. Anyways, just wondering if y'all remember him. Of course the one on On3 has been speculated as a possible different account, but it's not confirmed either way if this is the old guy.

I remember him and he was very credible. Miss him on this site.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, au302 said:

No matter what happens today it sounds like this one will be far from over. He's apparently truly and totally torn. Probably should push it back for his own sake imo, but it'll stretch into December regardless. Great kid apparently. Being torn in a million directions.

So while we want to win the battle today, let's especially just hope he doesn't pick Clemson today because Dabo and Eason will take advantage of that with their unusual tactics to prevent a flip. FSU would be much easier to try and flip from. Long way to go in this one, even if he picks us.

Well said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Flips aren't that easy to accomplish. It's never a good position to be in when a school's fans are reduced to hoping the player in question can be flipped later. Times are changing for certain but historically, 90% of committed players stick with their first choice. Lets hope AU is this guy's first choice.

PS: That 90% isn't something I pulled out of thin air. A couple of former recruiting gurus that used to post here and I all agreed on this. A coaching change can make the flip more likely but it's still a very iffy thing.

If it is FSU (and that seems to be the feeling among beat writers) then I could see a flip being more likely. Here is their schedule and how I think it plays out:

• Duquesne - W
  • @ LSU - L
  • @ Louisville - L
  • Boston College - W
  • Wake Forest - L
  • @ NC State - L
  • Clemson - L
  • Georgia Tech - W
  • @ Miami - L
  • @ Syracuse - W
  • Louisiana - W
  • Florida - L

6-6 but I could see them losing to Syracuse and I don't think Boston College/Georgia Tech are guarantees either but I'll give them home-field advantage.

3-6, 5-7, and 6-6 doesn't sound like a coach will keep his job. Should Norvell get fired we might feast on some of their kids.

• Like 2

FSU. We'll see what happens when Norvell goes 6-6 and gets fired.

• Sad 2

• Zeek changed the title to 2023 4* ER Keldric Faulk commits to fsu
7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

FSU. We'll see what happens when Norvell goes 6-6 and gets fired.

What a joke. I am not giving up hope on this one though. I am like you...let the FSU dumpster fire start back up and see how "Committed" he is.

• Like 1

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

What a joke. I am not giving up hope on this one though. I am like you...let the FSU dumpster fire start back up and see how "Committed" he is.

I think honestly having the last visit was the deciding factor for him.

No sugar coating this one. AU is losing in state quality players to out of state schools. And for all the options at DL earlier, theyre coming off the board at a rapid pace.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CR said:

No sugar coating this one. AU is losing in state quality players to out of state schools. And for all the options at DL earlier, theyre coming off the board at a rapid pace.

Yup. We'll see if FSU implodes. Hopefully we take care of our own business or the point is moot. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup. We'll see if FSU implodes. Hopefully we take care of our own business or the point is moot. 

Even if FSU implodes, that guarantees nothing for us. What if they implode and subsequently hire Deion Sanders?

Do you think that Bryan Harsin is going to win a recruiting battle against Prime Time?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, au302 said:

@austudnt23 is who you are referring to.  Unfortunately he was run off but some of the same people who are saying they miss the old posters which I find odd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We used to have a lot more "insiders" but I guess they are behind the pay wall or have gone elsewhere.  Non Auburn related but I think FSU would be crazy to run off Norvell after this season.  What he inherited was what Auburn will look like after this season if they fire Harsin and tank in recruiting for the 3rd year in a row.  He hasn't recruited high school kids great but has done a great job with transfers.  I think you'll see FSU start to compete in the ACC again this year.  Also FSU's class is now 10 deep with an average rating of 90 which is pretty decent.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, metafour said:

Even if FSU implodes, that guarantees nothing for us. What if they implode and subsequently hire Deion Sanders?

Do you think that Bryan Harsin is going to win a recruiting battle against Prime Time?

Lol I mean nothing is guaranteed in recruiting with 17 year olds as you know. The only guarantee is that Odell Haggins will stick around there no matter what, which we'll have to overcome even if we somehow pull 10-2 out our ***

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

We used to have a lot more "insiders" but I guess they are behind the pay wall or have gone elsewhere.  Non Auburn related but I think FSU would be crazy to run off Norvell after this season.  What he inherited was what Auburn will look like after this season if they fire Harsin and tank in recruiting for the 3rd year in a row.  He hasn't recruited high school kids great but has done a great job with transfers.  I think you'll see FSU start to compete in the ACC again this year.  Also FSU's class is now 10 deep with an average rating of 90 which is pretty decent.  

What may help is where FSU lands conference wise. If there is a change that may impact players coming and going regardless of coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Would be hard to think Prime has enough time in that scenario to build a better relationship. We can play a lot of what ifs though and just be contrary with one another.

Correct me if I'm wrong here @Zeek but missing on Faulk means we will miss on all ten of the top 10 players in the state of Alabama for 2023 in a absolute loaded year correct? He was our best chance at getting one of the top ten.  😩😭

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 5
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Would be hard to think Prime has enough time in that scenario to build a better relationship.

Lol.

If you haven't figured out by now, "building relationships" isn't a problem for elite recruiters. This is a buzzword for recruiting writers to default to when kids commit elsewhere so that the audience remains engaged.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1