4* OL Clay Wedin COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!

aubiefifty

This is a great pickup towards rebuilding our O-line in the future. We now have three O-line in this class assuming we keep them when we get a new coach. All three have potential but will need to be developed. None will help us next year as most O-line need at least 1 and the majority need at least 2 years to rebuild their bodies refine their technique to be ready to play in the SEC.  Great pickup in reading we get to thank the behind the scenes staff for this commitment. That is one thing Harsin has done well in building this staff. 

We probably still need 2-3 more HS O-line and then hit Portal hard to help with next years O-line.  I hope we don't have to throw these young men into the fire before they are ready.

War Eagle and welcome to Auburn. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/11/2022 at 4:38 PM, DAG said:

How are dudes committing when I am hearing coaches aren't actively recruiting? Doesn't make sense.

Behind the scene staff is doing the work. That is the one thing Harsin did well in modernizing the behind the scene staff and bring on some really good people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

So Will Friend will really be named HC???!!!???   😂😂😂

Even joking about this should result in a ban. Mods….?

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, bigbird said:

No and no one has ever said or implied that.

Follow his post to see whom he was referring 

😒 Ok whatever you say... 

• Facepalm 1

NIL finally kicking in now that Coach Harsin, er, "bought into" the concept (a year late). Bad news for the tar & feather Harsin crowd if he wins 2 of the next 3 games and our (as reported) unusually stocked NIL starts a steady stream of blue chip recruits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

It seems that most recruiting services have him as a guard. I wonder if we are looking at him as a tackle or a guard?

Guard or center. He is a monster in run blocking. I would love to see him in a power run scheme.

42 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

NIL finally kicking in now that Coach Harsin, er, "bought into" the concept (a year late). Bad news for the tar & feather Harsin crowd if he wins 2 of the next 3 games and our (as reported) unusually stocked NIL starts a steady stream of blue chip recruits. 

Clueless

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Did I say it was you in particular? No but the guilty speak first.

Is that why you quoted me this morning?

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Is that why you quoted me this morning?

No I was quoting you because you quoted me saying nobody has done that. I was just responding. 

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

No I was quoting you because you quoted me saying nobody has done that. I was just responding. 

From two days ago? Okay.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

From two days ago? Okay.

I mean you don't have to believe what I said just like I don't have to believe what you say. 😒 

On 10/11/2022 at 10:35 AM, augolf1716 said:

yeah it sad but it says a lot about Auburn as well when you can get two kids come even knowing the coach will be gone.

I’m getting that ‘committing to the school, not the coach’ vibe from his statement, but he ain’t signed yet. We’ll see.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Well this Clay Wedin guy...... can we at least be happy to get a commit from an OL

No way.  We're Auburn.  We're too busy picking fly sh*t out of the pepper.

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, icanthearyou said:

Now it's becoming clear.  We're about to hire Mel Tucker.

Well, at least he is bringing two 4* OL with him.  Just can't figure out how we are going to pay Gus, Harsin, Tucker and,,, Tucker's buyout at MSU which is close to infinity.

If they fire him he's entitled to the remainder of his contract.  If he leaves he owes MSU $2M.

Unless something has changed since February.

WDE!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

If blue chips start coming because of the NIL, then they won’t care who the head coach is