4 assistants fired

gr82b4au

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

That hurts. Not sure why he was let go by Rich. 

Gotta give the new coach a clean slate, can’t ask him to cook and not allow him to buy the groceries. 

• Like 1

A few weeks ago I actually posted this exact thing. I wondered if we fired Harsin would we have keep the Boise staff. 
Umm I’d say that answer is no. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

A few weeks ago I actually posted this exact thing. I wondered if we fired Harsin would we have keep the Boise staff. 
Umm I’d say that answer is no. 

I figured we’d let them at least finish out the season so we didn’t have to buyout more of their contracts. But I guess we’re going scorched earth style. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I figured we’d let them at least finish out the season so we didn’t have to buyout more of their contracts. But I guess we’re going scorched earth style. 

I'm all for it so Cohen doesn't have that on his plate his sole focus can be finding the right coach for us.. which I hope is his Prime objective. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Coach corn is smoking a cigar laughing his ass off right now

you think he might have harsins number and call him to troll i minute? that would be epic.

So how difficult is it to manage the game in 5 days being down this many???

• Like 1

I mean, awesome for vindication, but in 5 days in Starkville on TV ... 1) i don't want it to become a bigger cluster and embarrassment for the players, and 2) not fair to lay that on Cadillac or Etheridge or any of the remaining staff who have futures. Please tell me there is a plan, or that it's as easy as discussion board fans make it out to be.

Edited by AUx

8 minutes ago, AUx said:

I mean, awesome for vindication, but in 5 days in Starkville on TV ... 1) i don't want it to become a bigger cluster and embarrassment for the players, and 2) not fair to lay that on Cadillac or Etheridge or any of the remaining staff who have futures. Please tell me there is a plan, or that it's as easy as discussion board fans make it out to be.

It will be okay 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

It will be okay 

Oh, okay. I feel better (not). This is bizarre. Sure, team is better off long-term, but, ... everybody must live in a simpler world than me where major disruptions have no negative consequences. No doubt I'll be cheering-on like nobody's business. Devil's in the details.

3 minutes ago, AUx said:

Oh, okay. I feel better (not). This is bizarre. Sure, team is better off long-term, but, ... everybody must live in a simpler world than me where major disruptions have no negative consequences. No doubt I'll be cheering-on like nobody's business. Devil's in the details.

Yes yes we do. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes yes we do. 

Faith-based game planning and management. AUsome.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AUx said:

Faith-based game planning and management. AUsome.

I would think Caddy is relishing on this opportunity and has his own plan otherwise he wouldn’t have accepted this role, no? Is that not simple enough?

Edited by DAG

21 minutes ago, AUx said:

It does not matter at this point. We were already going to lose by a few touchdowns. Our only offense is letting RA have one read and then run for a first down. Or hand it to Tank. 
I am more worried about the defense. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would think Caddy is relishing on this opportunity and has his own plan otherwise he wouldn’t have accepted this role, no? Is that not simple enough?

Dude, I have no doubt of his superiority to Harsin and his capacity to perform as head coach - at all. Seemed like everyone was suddenly expecting a bounce by subtracting coaching staff. Considering where we are, it's unlikely due to mechanics alone: no fault or disparagement on Caddy. No Auburn fan will do anything Saturday but credit everything good to Caddy and remaining staff, and anything bad to Harsin. Now, I'd be interested to know if he and other loyalists were given some heads-up and were already staging this backup plan. 

• Like 2