Future Recruiting

LPTiger

I believe that even the folks who felt they couldn't support Coach Freeze 3 to 4 weeks ago have to admit that Coach Freeze and staff surpassed all expectations in putting together a top 20 class in such a short period of time.   So, where is our ceiling?  Now, we have 364 days to showcase our state of the art football only facility and for this staff to further develop relationships.   Gus fairly consistently had top 10 classes which is amazing considering his personality/quirks/lack of charisma (we beat the "dogcrap" out of them).   And, Gus didn't have the FOF.   Our NIL will only get stronger and for the next several years we can continue to sell immediate playing time.   With Bama being a home game this year, what if we sneak up and beat them?   Where do you see our recruiting ceiling?   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I believe that even the folks who felt they couldn't support Coach Freeze 3 to 4 weeks ago have to admit that Coach Freeze and staff surpassed all expectations in putting together a top 20 class in such a short period of time.   So, where is our ceiling?  Now, we have 364 days to showcase our state of the art football only facility and for this staff to further develop relationships.   Gus fairly consistently had top 10 classes which is amazing considering his personality/quirks/lack of charisma (we beat the "dogcrap" out of them).   And, Gus didn't have the FOF.   Our NIL will only get stronger and for the next several years we can continue to sell immediate playing time.   With Bama being a home game this year, what if we sneak up and beat them?   Where do you see our recruiting ceiling?   

I think the ceiling is also directly tied to on field results. 

29 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Agreed. We have to show improvement from year to year with Freeze. I think he should be able to be at least .500 in year 1 then if he can get to 8 wins (or more) in year 2, we're in a good spot. 

If the on field result doesn't trend in the right direction within the first 2 years, recruiting prowess will likely dip.

I remember reading on here that we may need as many as 45 new scholarship players. 

Yesterday we signed 18 after a  super human effort by this staff.

Are we still in the hunt for another 27 players?!?

Seems really impossible, Sisyphean in fact.

8 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Agreed. We have to show improvement from year to year with Freeze. I think he should be able to be at least .500 in year 1 then if he can get to 8 wins (or more) in year 2, we're in a good spot. 

If the on field result doesn't trend in the right direction within the first 2 years, recruiting prowess will likely dip.

I hope we have a coach whose team will look better at the end of the year than at the start of the year. Game to game improvement first. If we get that , we will have something going at AU.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I wouldn’t think it’s a huge factor this year, although on field success certainly won’t hurt!  We’re building from ground zero.  So I don’t expect 2024 guys to be expecting a whole lot of success from us.  It’s more about:

1.   Relationships/Trust

2.  Fit - How do I fit in here scheme, culture, etc. 

3.  Future - Are you going to help me get into the league and/or help me with another career path, plan B option.  

4.  NIL money

5.   Facilities and programs to help me get better.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDob06 said:

I agree with the only caveat that you can only determine potential (correctly ) on field potential with some understanding of players/coaches on field abilities.