2013 5* DT Dee Liner (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very exciting. I know the 5th star is just for buzz - but hell I dont care.

• 3 weeks later...

Pardon my negative nancy rant but with the Yeldon deal last year, I understand their optimism here. It's a long time to NSD.

Yeldon was a one-time setup deal. Over 90% of kids that commit early eventually sign with their early choice. We can all lose sleep over unlikely events that might happen, but the numbers are all with Liner sticking with AU, particularly since he's recruiting for us. Did Yeldon ever help AU recruit? I don't remember anything like that.

Pardon my negative nancy rant but with the Yeldon deal last year, I understand their optimism here. It's a long time to NSD.

Yeldon was a one-time setup deal. Over 90% of kids that commit early eventually sign with their early choice. We can all lose sleep over unlikely events that might happen, but the numbers are all with Liner sticking with AU, particularly since he's recruiting for us. Did Yeldon ever help AU recruit? I don't remember anything like that.

And no one on this board thought he would even consider swapping. In fact, I remember some people getting raked over the coals for suggesting it. Listen, you're right the #'s do favor Auburn here. I'm just respectfully saying it's a long time until NSD.

• 3 weeks later...
"I want you to tell all the Auburn fans that I love them and there wasn't nothing serious about the trip to Tuscaloosa this weekend and I'm 100 percent with Auburn, no matter what," Liner said.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/auburn_commit_dee_liner_reaffi.html

How many times do y'all think poor Liner will have to answer the question "Are you firm to Auburn?" over the next 10 months? Were I in his shoes, I think I'd be ready to punch the next SOB that asked me that in the mouth!

Maybe a good comeback from him would be "Are you calling me a liar?"

How many times do y'all think poor Liner will have to answer the question "Are you firm to Auburn?" over the next 10 months? Were I in his shoes, I think I'd be ready to punch the next SOB that asked me that in the mouth!

Maybe a good comeback from him would be "Are you calling me a liar?"

If he doesnt want to answer that question, then he shouldn't take a trip to Tuscaloosa.

4-star DL Dee Liner from Muscle Shoals (Ala.) High said Sunday morning he is up to 277 pounds.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Auburn-DL-commit-Dee-Liner-is-up-to-277-pounds-9177119

They fed him well on that Tuskloosa visit didn't they. :roflol: :roflol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tigereagle03

Couldnt find a unlocked topic for him.. But heres a quote from hoke he was at liners school..

Liner told me he would like to be at every Auburn home game next fall and he remains "100 percent" committed.

Auburn assistants Brian VanGorder and Trooper Taylor will be at Liner's spring game on Friday._________________________________________

Andrew Bone from the bammer scout board also apparently had a recruiting chat tonight and said bammers chance  of stealing Liner away from Auburn were slim right now. That is kind of a surprise, because Bone usually thinks bammer can get any recruit they want

The kid is coming to Auburn and War Eagle to him. He will be part of one of the best D line classes in Auburn history. Now, when they all live up to their potential and grow a bit our D line will be absurd. 

Archived