Is it time for a serious conversation about Gun Control?

RunInRed

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mikey said:

My current carry is my S&W M&P 9C. The original 9C, not the mod. 2. I haven't had even the inkling of a failure of any sort. After I was certain I was going to keep it, I had the APEX trigger kit installed. The trigger wasn't bad to begin with, but now it's great. I'm out of the pistol buying business for myself as I can't imagine an improvement over what I've got. The next granddaughter turns 21 in 2 years, so she's shooting every different model she gets her hands on now because she already knows what present Grandpa will give her for her 21st birthday. She just has to make her choice known.

A few friends have carried those exclusively since they came out.  Between all Glocks, S&W M&P, Springfield XD's, Sig P320, and even the H&K VP9, there really is a glut of options for someone to find what they shoot best in striker handguns.  Personally, I keep finding myself gravitating back toward my H&K P30SK for carry.

18 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

A few friends have carried those exclusively since they came out.  Between all Glocks, S&W M&P, Springfield XD's, Sig P320, and even the H&K VP9, there really is a glut of options for someone to find what they shoot best in striker handguns.  Personally, I keep finding myself gravitating back toward my H&K P30SK for carry.

My granddaughter that's "next up" has been shooting an H&K VP9sk that one of her friends acquired recently. She really likes it. Your thoughts?

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My granddaughter that's "next up" has been shooting an H&K VP9sk that one of her friends acquired recently. She really likes it. Your thoughts?

The main difference between my P30SK and the VP9SK is that the VP9 is striker-fired (like your M&P 9C), while the P30 comes in traditional SA/DA (with hammer) or LEM DAO.  The P30's options get more complicated than that, but you can gather the gist.  Mine is a SA/DA model, and I carry it in condition 1.

In terms of quality, H&K basically sits atop the pile of semi-automatic handguns until you start getting into boutique 1911's.  Fit, finish, etc. of S&W, Glock, and Springfield XD's are good, while Sig and H&K are excellent.  There are really no circumstances under which someone can go wrong in buying an H&K firearm.  Everything they make feels like what it is:  a solid piece of German craftsmanship.

That said, she is doing it the right way in trying everything she can get her hands on.  There is no universal correct answer for a carry weapon.  She will find one or two that just feel right.  The right combination of grip angle and width, the right trigger, right ergonomics, and it will ultimately translate to what she shoots best.  All five companies I mentioned previously make superbly reliable handguns that she can trust with her life.

33 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Boy, this thread took an ironic turn. 

Well the subject is about guns and most of us like having guns around.

11 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

And what’s this dumbass trying to say?

And here is a human with comprehension deficit performing in his natural habitat. 

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Not really. 

Stupid a bit strong. Biased ignorance may be a better descriptor. 

51 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Stupid a bit strong. Biased ignorance may be a better descriptor. 

Whatever.  It pretty much results the same. ;)

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Whatever.  It pretty much results the same. ;)

Come on man. I consider you misguided not stupid. :lol:

19 hours ago, HVAU said:

I guess the answer to the OP is still no.  Maybe next time.

While the thread was started before the forum split, it is asking quite a lot to expect a serious conversation about anything in the Smack Talk forum.  It is asking a lot in the other forum too, but it is basically absurd here.

5 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

While the thread was started before the forum split, it is asking quite a lot to expect a serious conversation about anything in the Smack Talk forum.  It is asking a lot in the other forum too, but it is basically absurd here.

Fair point.

For a bit this forum got a bit more serious as the serious forum was inundated with quasi-spam thread posting by a certain self-gratified gentleman.

1 minute ago, HVAU said:

Fair point.

For a bit this forum got a bit more serious as the serious forum was inundated with quasi-spam thread posting by a certain self-gratified gentleman.

One of these two forums will always double as a secondary Fox News Twitter feed.

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

One of these two forums will always double as a secondary Fox News Twitter feed.

You definitely caught my drift.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

The UK doesn't have our constitution and the 2nd amendment.

Maybe that's a good thing :dunno:

Archived