Welcoming Auburn Eagle to AUFAMILY

RunInRed

Welcome to all the new members from AE! Excited to see our AUFamily grow!

Still seeing lots of lurkers and hope you all join in on the fun soon!!

Can't wait for the season to kick off!!

War Eagle!!! :cheer:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to all the AE folks! This place has pretty much been the center of my AU universe for the last 5 years or so. As far as the turds...without them I would have no idea what everyone was enjoying for dinner/supper.

:thumbsup: I remember the first purposeful derailing I saw. Was utterly confused until I realized that the turds were posting again. Also, to the mods, they are claiming we (and by that I mean the mods here) already banned a member named Ellitor?

Huh. One of his posts is still on the recruiting board. I know when people have been banned in the past, all their posts had been removed.

Weird.

I am already seeing AE users getting involved here.

Weegs(weegle777) and A4E........The best thing about AE is threads getting traffic...Users want to talk...hell I dont care if you agree with me, lets find out why we dont agree.

1 thing I will say we should all agree to is the following.

YOU BETTER BY GOD ASK WEEGS TO GET UP AND POST A HAPPY FOOTBALL DAY THREAD FOR THE CLEMSON GAME!!!!!!

AND LET HIM ABUSE THE HELL OUT OF EMO'S FOR IT!!!

Welcome to all the AE folks! This place has pretty much been the center of my AU universe for the last 5 years or so. As far as the turds...without them I would have no idea what everyone was enjoying for dinner/supper.

:thumbsup: I remember the first purposeful derailing I saw. Was utterly confused until I realized that the turds were posting again. Also, to the mods, they are claiming we (and by that I mean the mods here) already banned a member named Ellitor?

That user admitted to being a fake. So, his account was deleted.

Guest imsoauburn

Hello everybody and WAR EAGLE! Look forward to talking Auburn with everybody that is/has been here at AUFAMILY and my fellow AE'rs.

Regarding 'some aren't happy with this' ... change is never easy. But we're all one family now - literally.

There are good parts of both sites. Likewise, there are areas to be improved on in both places. Over the coming weeks and months, we'll be taking the best of both and building a site for the entire AUFAMILY. To this end, everyones feedback, thoughts and suggestion are welcome. We're going to rock this, just be patience, hang tight and be a part of it!

Guest Weegle777

I'm liking this place. Gonna be fun going back and forth with you guys and girls. And please, never take me seriously. I love to aggravate, but in a fun way. WDE!!!!!!!

I'm liking this place. Gonna be fun going back and forth with you guys and girls. And please, never take me seriously. I love to aggravate, but in a fun way. WDE!!!!!!!

Don't worry about that Mr. Maniweegs. :poke:

I think once everyone comes over and starts getting involved they will warm up to the site. It will take some time. Some people don't like change.

Guest Weegle777

Don't worry about that Mr. Maniweegs. :poke:

Crap. I am a dead man posting.

Pre-anouncement AE banned members who are in good standing here do not have anything to worry about.

Going forward our rules, which have been in place for quite awhile, will continue to be the law of the land.

If metafour can survive here, I'm sure I can. :yes:

Yeah but he has pictures.............

It looks a little like my home but not exactly like it. Family is Family!!! And Family makes a home a home. So welcome to my home and hope I'm welcome to your home. War Damn Eagle!!!!!

Welcome and make yourself at home.

Ha. The main reason I read for being happy about the merger is because we have StatTiger. Also guys, Weegle777 should be called Barry Maniweegs apparently. lol.

Thanks for that TC. :(

Of course you know the next question right? How did this little nickname come about? We have to be caught up on such things.

I'm gonna regret this, but, my wife wanted to go to a Manilow concert. So being the awesome husband that I am :D I take her and have regretted telling this story on AE ever since. And now I am a dead man walking on AUFAMILY NOW! :(

Hey, we've all done things we regret... Of course not all of us are dumb enough to confess them on the Internet--on this or any other board! :whistle:

But seriously, welcome aboard! Glad to have you and all the Auburn Eagle folks!

I'd never even heard of the Auburn Eagle site until now--and see no point in joining if it's all coming over here Friday. But if our mods think it's a good fit, I'm all for it.

There are several reasons this (AUFamily) Board is the only sports board on the web I've ever joined or posted on:

#1 Always been impressed with the way the mods (current and past) have kept the site sane, well manage, adult (in the "responsible" way, not the "XXX" way), and ("for the most part") free of ugly smack/insults, p'ssing contests, or out of control idiots.

#2 From Day 1 of my investigative lurking before joining, I was impressed with the informative, intelligent contributions most members contributed.

#3 I think the AUFamily rules have worked very well in finding the happy medium between promoting intelligent free speech and over- or under-censoring...banishment for trivialness or spite vs. no banning of even the most offensive. So I'm glad we're keeping our rules. (No offense to Auburn Eagle--never read your rules and won't besmirch them.)

And to be honest, I don't mind most of our "crimson" members. The mods and rules do a good job of getting rid of the worst trolls and a-holes. The members mentioned above do a pretty good job of "policing" those UAT members we allow to hang around. ...and occasionally they have some good information or even insightful input*. (*I know, sounds like an oxymoron when discussing that school. :rolleyes: )

Welcome aboard.

As a member of both sites, this will make my day a little easier.

Same. And I'll frequent both boards more now, instead of playing favorites to one or t'other.

So, we're not getting orange jerseys?

Yes the orange jerseys will be used this year and they will wear orange pants, helmets, shoes & socks.

So, we're not getting orange jerseys?

Yes the orange jerseys will be used this year and they will wear orange pants, helmets, shoes & socks.

:poke: BAMMER :poke:

AE member here! My user name was aujess07 on AE, but since I have changed my primary email since then, I figured I would just register a new one over here. Very, very, VERY excited about this merger. I can't wait to dive into this football season because I, like many others, have high expectations for this year. I have enjoyed posting on AE since, eh, around the time we got Cam to sign his LOI, and I've enjoyed the ride since.

I usually add sarcasm, pictures, my football knowledge, and personal stories to any conversation. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream, and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

With that being said, War Eagle!!

AE member here! My user name was aujess07 on AE, but since I have changed my primary email since then, I figured I would just register a new one over here. Very, very, VERY excited about this merger. I can't wait to dive into this football season because I, like many others, have high expectations for this year. I have enjoyed posting on AE since, eh, around the time we got Cam to sign his LOI, and I've enjoyed the ride since.

I usually add sarcasm, pictures, my football knowledge, and personal stories to any conversation. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream, and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

With that being said, War Eagle!!

Whoa, what? No long walks on the beach? :poke:

Archived