Woman's Basketball?

TXaubie

Since this is my link to information on everything Auburn.  Can you guys fill me in on your expectations for the girls this year.  I haven't heard much about them this year.  I'll hang up and listen.  Thanks in advance.

very talented crop of freshmen coming in.  Should be better than last year, and continue to improve throughout the year.  not as good as Dewanna's last year, '08 I believe, but building.

Girls play basketball?  :dunno: I thought they did cheerleading, and were in beauty pageants.  ;)

Now you've started something!!  Tigerbelle, auburnmomma, et. al., jump this goofus!

Since this is my link to information on everything Auburn.  Can you guys fill me in on your expectations for the girls this year.  I haven't heard much about them this year.  I'll hang up and listen.  Thanks in advance.

Careful there Tx; that is Women`s BB, not girls.

Girls play basketball?  :dunno: I thought they did cheerleading, and were in beauty pageants.  ;)

Now you've started something!!  Tigerbelle, auburnmomma, et. al., jump this goofus!

Yall know I'm kidding! Hence the "wink".  ;D

Yall know I'm kidding! Hence the "wink".  ;D

Was Barry playing when he winked at you?  :-X

Careful there Tx; that is Women`s BB, not girls.

I think they are referred to as Women's Basketball, not girls.

;D

Fixed it.  Sorry ladies.  :-[

My roommate is a Crusher (guys that practice with the women's team) and I get a status report from him on the team just about everyday. Also, we have gone to their first two games. Shoulda won tonight against #18 FSU, really blew it.

Morgan "MoTo" Toles and Morgan "MJ" Jennings are both great dribblers at PG but are inconsistent shooters.

Parrisha "P" Simmons is the lockdown defender of the group at 6'0'', but almost non-existent on the offensive end.

6'3" Blanche Alverson and 5'8" Alli Smalley are the main perimeter shooters. They are both deadly from distance.

Senior forward Jordan Greenleaf and freshman forward Jassany "Jazz" Williams are going to contribute a ton. Jordan grabbed a double-double in the first game and missed another double-double by just one rebound versus FSU. Jazz is a real presence in the post for a freshman and is probably the most athletic player on the floor (rumor has it that she can dunk).

I would expect this team to challenge for the top of the SEC West this year and make the NCAA tourney as a 7 or 8 seed.

Archived