Video of Georgia injured player

Auburn4life

Anyone have video of the georgia player that was on the ground injured and the Auburn fans boooo'd? I heard that the he got up and a georgia coach pushed him back down. Not sure if there is any video of this. Maybe someone here saw it.

i saw it during the game, but there isn't really a video angle of it.  However, when he was running off the field, one of UGA's coaches started waiving wildly for him to just go down and the guy just fell over 5 yards from the sideline

Anyone have video of the georgia player that was on the ground injured and the Auburn fans boooo'd? I heard that the he got up and a georgia coach pushed him back down. Not sure if there is any video of this. Maybe someone here saw it.

He was coming off the field and may or may not have been injured. The coaching staff motioned for him to go down on the field even though he was capable of reaching the sideline. They were trying to save that timeout. The Auburn radio crew went ballistic when it happened as well as a number of fans. They weren`t booing the player, they were booing the situation the coaches created.

We saw it crystal clear.  He was coming off the field, the coach (not sure which one) was waving wildly on the sidelines and he just fell down, untouched.

I did not understand what was going on, and why everyone was booing at first, the guy behind me had to explain it.  I have never seen anything so stupid and goofy happen in a football game.  Ever. 

It was pretty obvious from watching the game on TV that he faked an injury to give his defense a breather. He was walking to his sideline, and then slowly just dropped down and practically sat on the field. I wasn't surprised to hear the fans boo.

He was coming off the field and may or may not have been injured. The coaching staff motioned for him to go down on the field even though he was capable of reaching the sideline. They were trying to save that timeout. The Auburn radio crew went ballistic when it happened as well as a number of fans. They weren`t booing the player, they were booing the situation the coaches created.

100% correct...

I was booing too cause it alerts the refs to this type of activity.  It happens all of the time these days because of the fast paced offenses.  Teams are winded and need a break, but don't want to call a time out, so they fake an injury.  (in this case, the player was hurt, but was clearly limping off the field until the coaches waved him to the ground and a coach ran out an told him to go into drama mode to give their defense time to regroup.)

Mike Leach was discussing it on the Sirius radio last week.  It is hard for officials to call anything because of the concern for actual injuries. In my opinion, the solution is that a player has to sit out 3 or 4 (or some number greater than 1) plays if officials have to stop play, unless the coach wants to use a timeout to help the player or take a 5 yard penalty.    

Another solution would be to make teams use a timeout for every injury they have until they run out but teams would need at least 4 per half.

WDE and Beat Bama!

Just a crazy as that, what about #50 for Ga. holding the guy on the punt then trying to push him to touch the ball? Is holding legal? All of this type of play shows desperation and dirty play. Richt may not coach this but he allows it to happen and then says, "I don't know what you are talking about. I am a moral guy". He uses that to his advantage while he actually plays it up.

Just a crazy as that, what about #50 for Ga. holding the guy on the punt then trying to push him to touch the ball? Is holding legal? All of this type of play shows desperation and dirty play. Richt may not coach this but he allows it to happen and then says, "I don't know what you are talking about. I am a moral guy". He uses that to his advantage while he actually plays it up.

I thought that was pretty funny when it happened, although I'm surprised it didn't draw a flag.  He practically picked up the Auburn player and threw him towards the ball.

We saw it crystal clear.  He was coming off the field, the coach (not sure which one) was waving wildly on the sidelines and he just fell down, untouched.

I did not understand what was going on, and why everyone was booing at first, the guy behind me had to explain it.  I have never seen anything so stupid and goofy happen in a football game.  Ever. 

The same thing happened inn the LSU game, but it was even worse, because the LSU player came off the field and then ran back out to fall on the field to give LSU an extra time out

Archived