Your Weekend Thoughts?

Just thought it would be cool if everyone who got to see the team play on opening weekend give their thoughts on how we look. Personally I got to see games against Arkansas State and Virginia. Overall our starting pitching looks solid. I thought both Luckie and Smith did a good job but our bullpen looks weak..... Wallen did great but a lot of the guys returning there still look shaky. Offensively you can tell the bats have an affect on us. Creede and CMac have come out hitting the ball but Tony and KP looked off. Really like the new young shortstop in Alvord. He is a better fielder than CMac was and had some real good at bats. Overall I'm very excited about this season. Wish we could have had a better showing against Virginia though but I think we'll learn from it and be ready for Arizona State when that big series comes

So far I think we're in good shape. I think once we get Morris ready to go, a rotation of Smith/Derek, Luckie, and Morris is pretty formidable. Overall the bullpen is a bit of a concern, but Wallen looked great. You can definitely tell these bats are going to affect the team. Fielding looked great, but the offense needs to get going a bit more and get adjusted to these bats.

I was at the Va game til the top of the 7th when we were down 6-0 and it was not looking like it was going to get better. The game started out promising but offensively, we made base running errors and never got it going. with the lack of long ball threats at this point, it will be critical that they eliminate those errors. I only saw the first relief pitcher and he only provided batting practice for Va....it apparently got worse after we left for the basketball game. With all the new players, it will take some time to develop chemistry and was glad to see they won the game today. It was a beautiful day in Auburn yesterday in spite of losing both the baseball and basketball games.

I know the bats have a little bit to do with the offense being down, but for the most part the offense is always behind the pitching for the first few weeks of the season. That is just something that will work itself out.

So far I think we're in good shape. I think once we get Morris ready to go, a rotation of Smith/Derek, Luckie, and Morris is pretty formidable. Overall the bullpen is a bit of a concern, but Wallen looked great. You can definitely tell these bats are going to affect the team. Fielding looked great, but the offense needs to get going a bit more and get adjusted to these bats.

I agree on Morris. He got in a bit of trouble, but he should be back in about a week. That's all I can say about it

I wasn't able to make it but from what I heard, Varnadore may be our Ace followed by Slade and Luckie. I also think Blatt will get his act together out of the bullpen and clean up the backend. The bats will get going though we will miss all the big guys like Fletch, Morris, and Mummey.

Archived