Arky Game 1

That loss definitely hurts.  The lineup is struggling, but we've faced good pitchers.  I agree with KP needing a break, a day off sparked him in Charleston.  Hopefully Irvin and Varandore will give us better outings.  I haven't given up on Luckie, but he's gotta get us into the 6th if he wants to stay in the rotation, I have confidence Morris could take his place if need be.  I don't think there are immediate fixes to the lineup, Alvord and Beisner/Waceker/Gonzalez are the only viable options it seems like at this point.  Creede and KP just need to start hitting.

I know it is early, but I was hoping to get off to a better start this season. Hope we can take the next two.

War Eagle !

This is a classic example of overreaction. A better start? Sure, we should've swept Bethune-Cookman. I'll give you that. But we've also played a quality non-conference schedule. We lost to a Top 10 team in Virginia, beat a ranked College of Charleston and won a game over Top 10 Arizona State. We also dropped a very competitive first game to Top 10 Arkansas. I don't get the panic from our fan base. With the load of talent we lost from our lineup a year ago, I'd say we've had solid start to the season. This conference is stacked yet again with 5 teams in the Top 10 and 6 teams in the Top 25. Finishing .500 in conference play will be a success considering the competition, IMO. We will be fine. Don't have kneejerk reactions after a handful of games.

Having said all of that, I do wonder why Pawlowski can't get the pitching rotation solidified. If Cory Luckie is the best option we have on Friday nights, we're in trouble. We need a guy that can go more than 3 or 4 innings, and that's about all Luckie is good for. He doesn't have that ridiculous offense from last year backing him up with 10 runs a game. Saturday and Sunday pitching has been pretty good so far, but I think Pawlowski may need to look at tweaking the Friday starter. And he needs to find three quality guys and stick with them! With the exception of Varnadore, the starting pitchers have seemed to be pitcher by committee.

I don't think the pitching under Pawlowski has progressed as quickly as he would've liked. Just my opinion.

I talked to a huge Arkansas baseball fan for the better part of the game, he told me that they were starting 2 true freshmen in the next two games. That seems like a good opportunity to get back on track in this series. I think we will be ok. Arky didn't impress me all that much at the plate. They aren't a big power team they just put it in play. Which means you have to catch it and throw it well to beat the (McElroy). We'll be ok. We just have some things to get worked out.

I know it is early, but I was hoping to get off to a better start this season. Hope we can take the next two.

War Eagle !

This is a classic example of overreaction. A better start? Sure, we should've swept Bethune-Cookman. I'll give you that. But we've also played a quality non-conference schedule. We lost to a Top 10 team in Virginia, beat a ranked College of Charleston and won a game over Top 10 Arizona State. We also dropped a very competitive first game to Top 10 Arkansas. I don't get the panic from our fan base. With the load of talent we lost from our lineup a year ago, I'd say we've had solid start to the season. This conference is stacked yet again with 5 teams in the Top 10 and 6 teams in the Top 25. Finishing .500 in conference play will be a success considering the competition, IMO. We will be fine. Don't have kneejerk reactions after a handful of games.

Having said all of that, I do wonder why Pawlowski can't get the pitching rotation solidified. If Cory Luckie is the best option we have on Friday nights, we're in trouble. We need a guy that can go more than 3 or 4 innings, and that's about all Luckie is good for. He doesn't have that ridiculous offense from last year backing him up with 10 runs a game. Saturday and Sunday pitching has been pretty good so far, but I think Pawlowski may need to look at tweaking the Friday starter. And he needs to find three quality guys and stick with them! With the exception of Varnadore, the starting pitchers have seemed to be pitcher by committee.

I don't think the pitching under Pawlowski has progressed as quickly as he would've liked. Just my opinion.

waregl87

What we have is a classic example of different expectations, not overreaction. Sure we lost some talent last year, but while Slater did not get the job done all of his critics and people in the know said he was an excellent recruiter.

Coach P was not left with a depleted roster. He knew Auburn's past history and what we expected when he took the job. I expect to SEE SOLID improvement every year. Last year we had the O, but our D could not hold the lead. Please NOTE I did say in my original post it was still EARLY. I found your comments about Virginia and ASU painful. We need alumni from those schools being satisfied with winning a game over our Tigers and not the other way around. Until Auburn gets back to consistently being in the mix for the SECC and the CWS I won't be happy. I am speaking for myself, not everyone here. We have not been in this mode since Baird’s days. LSU has gone through plenty of transition over the years, but they still find a way to be consistently competitive and win championships. The longer we continue to expect less or make excuses for ourselves, the longer we will be just another SEC BB team. Not trying to be harsh , but we just see it differently.

War Eagle !

telling tiger

I am not shooting at NTY. What they are doing is great and I am so happy someone is doing something.......anything ! I can only assume some of what NTY is not willing to press on comes down to a legal risk exposure when organizing against someone else. What can we do as a group to expand on targeted pressure and accountability? I am not an organizer or lawyer so I am out of my element here. I just want accountability to be taken to the next level and willing to participate as an Auburn grad in doing my part to try to make a difference. Again, I am NOT shooting down NTY and applaud them for what they are doing.

War Eagle !

telling tiger

I am not shooting at NTY. What they are doing is great and I am so happy someone is doing something.......anything ! I can only assume some of what NTY is not willing to press on comes down to a legal risk exposure when organizing against someone else. What can we do as a group to expand on targeted pressure and accountability? I am not an organizer or lawyer so I am out of my element here. I just want accountability to be taken to the next level and willing to participate as an Auburn grad in doing my part to try to make a difference. Again, I am NOT shooting down NTY and applaud them for what they are doing.

War Eagle !

:dunno: Ummm.... did I miss something?  :laugh:

Archived