Sheridan Defender/Finebaum Authority - David Ridpath

AUBSC76

Someone posted the e-mail address for finebaum's "comforter" B. David Ridpath who baldy (reportedly - I won't listen to him) had on his show yesterday after the NCAA bitch-slapped them to vouch for Dipshatt Sheridan... I sent him this:

Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 12:09 PM

To: Ridpath, Dave

Subject: You Are A Horrible Judge of Character

Professor Ridpath,

So you think that Danny Sheridan is a credible, responsible journalist/bookie?  http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/ncaa/resources/latest+news/2011/august/ncaa+statement+on+danny+sheridan+comments 

He’s a bad joke, a shill with an agenda and no facts.  So is Paul Finebaum.

Sincerely,

"AUBSC76"

Huntsville, AL

And I received this reply:

He might be—we shall see I guess. I personally don’t think he is lying about the source or what the source says. The source might really be the one with a credibility problem. He/She could be lying to Sheridan or be misinformed (or they may be right) and he is repeating that info because the source is credible in his eyes. It all might be much ado about nothing, but Sheridan has been right many times—and wrong  a few times before-so I am not prepared to write him off. The NCAA’s statement is disingenuous in that they have leaked information in the past ( I do know this for a fact) and if Sheridan is not telling the truth, why even put out a statement. Nothing they have said shows that someone did not talk to him from their offices. Their denials, and past lies, reinforce that. So at the end of the day, I am not quite sure who to believe, but I will not take the NCAA words at face value.

You are a great judge of character by taking time to write a shill like me.

Sincerely,

Dave

College of Business

B. David Ridpath, Ed. D., MSA '95, YS 7

Assistant Professor, Sports Administration

Copeland Hall 636

Athens, OH 45701

740-593-9496 (O)

740-593-9342 (F)

740-707-8955 ©

ridpath@ohio.edu

twitter @drridpath

www.ohio.edu • www.sportsad.ohio.edu

The best student-centered learning experience

in America

Surprised that Dr Ridpath did not mention that the Albert Means case was a prime example of NCAA's willingness to lie and leak stories with false imformation about recruiting matters.   

Sure, DS has nothing to gain from making false statements about AU....though some of us might figure that he benefits from the many opportunities his outragous statements have generated.....chances to appear on sports talk shows all over the country and promote his bookmaking operation...but then again, perhaps those free or paid appearances have no value to him.

Just tell him if he can't see the Finebaum/Sheridan agenda for what it is yet, he has no business being a college professor and should return his doctorate.

Article written in March, 2011 about Ridpath...

http://bartlogan.wordpress.com/2011/03/16/ohio-university-professor-david-ridpaths-time-at-marshall-shaped-his-outlook-on-ncaa-athletics/ 

He was Marshall University's compliance director when Jim Donnan and Bob Pruett were HFBC there and filed a lawsuit against Marshall when he says he was made the scapegoat for Pruett's NCAA violations (lawsuit was settled out of court)... then he was a professor at Miss State for a while before returning to Ohio University.  His e-mail to me and this article make it clear that he has developed a jaded view of major college sports and the NCAA. 

http://www.sportsad.ohio.edu/faculty/ridpath/

Ridpath received a Doctor of Education in Higher Education Administration from West Virginia University in May 2002. His primary research line is issues and problems in intercollegiate athletics with a focus on academic integrity and governance reform. An accomplished scholar, he has over 30 national and international refereed presentations and eight peer reviewed academic articles in print, two published academic book chapters, and has had writings and editorials featured in the NCAA News, Sports Business Journal, Legal Issues in College Athletics, and will be releasing a book entitled Tainted Glory: Marshall University, The NCAA, and One Man’s Fight for Justice in late 2010. Dr. Ridpath has been retained several times as an expert in litigation involving college sports issues and is regularly interviewed on relevant issues in college sports within the media to include ESPN Outside the Lines, The Paul Finebaum Radio Show, and WATH Sports Radio. Dr Ridpath has also been quoted and featured in several publications discussing issues in college athletics including the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Chronicle of Higher Education, The Toronto Globe and Mail, USA Today, Indianapolis Star, The Sydney Morning Herald, and The Birmingham News, to name a few.

Can you say he has a slanted view, when his employer lists the PFRN as a high point of the mans career  :rolleyes:

http://www.sportsad.ohio.edu/faculty/ridpath/

Ridpath received a Doctor of Education in Higher Education Administration from West Virginia University in May 2002. His primary research line is issues and problems in intercollegiate athletics with a focus on academic integrity and governance reform. An accomplished scholar, he has over 30 national and international refereed presentations and eight peer reviewed academic articles in print, two published academic book chapters, and has had writings and editorials featured in the NCAA News, Sports Business Journal, Legal Issues in College Athletics, and will be releasing a book entitled Tainted Glory: Marshall University, The NCAA, and One Man’s Fight for Justice in late 2010. Dr. Ridpath has been retained several times as an expert in litigation involving college sports issues and is regularly interviewed on relevant issues in college sports within the media to include ESPN Outside the Lines, The Paul Finebaum Radio Show, and WATH Sports Radio. Dr Ridpath has also been quoted and featured in several publications discussing issues in college athletics including the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Chronicle of Higher Education, The Toronto Globe and Mail, USA Today, Indianapolis Star, The Sydney Morning Herald, and The Birmingham News, to name a few.

Can you say he has a slanted view, when his employer lists the PFRN as a high point of the mans career  :rolleyes:

If that's a high point, what's a low point?!

hmmmm and a USA Today connection also.

ESPF really keeps it in the family don't he?  (And I'm not talking about the AU Family)

Archived