Say It Ain't So AJ. You Too ??????????

Elephant Tipper

d75bca6d33710b8bfc8c38e9aba11256_ajmccarron2011yukonnoplates.jpg

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/month-ago-aj-mccarrons-2011-yukon-no-plates-29859

"Mobile County (AL) court records confirm that on June 17, 2011, current starting Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron was pulled over for speeding while driving a 2011 GMC Yukon without a license plate. McCarron was noted in county court documents as the owner of the vehicle.

Less than two weeks later McCarron was once again pulled over, this time for tinted windows and not wearing a seatbelt in Baldwin County, Alabama. Court records documented McCarron as the owner of the vehicle in question, a 2010 GMC Yukon.

Kenneth Robert Raines, the attorney for McCarron, has since requested and been granted three continuances for the latter traffic stop - with the case set to go before a Foley, Alabama, District Court Judge on Oct. 31, 2011.

Then there’s this photo of McCarron and a tricked-out sports car posted by rogue Alabama booster and T-Town Menswear store owner Tom Al-Betar to his now-deleted Facebook account on Feb. 18, 2011:

b67b3a7eb0fba9c0f8f9b179f00d264b_ajmccarronsportscar.jpg

Like the oversized SUV with large rims Trent Richardson was seen gassing up in another Al-Betar Facebook photo, it isn’t clear if the red vehicle belongs to McCarron and if it does - how the Crimson Tide quarterback acquired the car."

WDE !!!

Looks like the REC will make the Youkon the best selling SUV in the state before long.  Wonder why Bama players favor that vehicle...must be the special pricing ?    :rolleyes:

What REC member owns a GMC dealership? :)

Carl Cannon--Jasper Al

I have a friend who owns a Yukon....and it costs her $100 to fill it up right now. They are not all that fuel efficient either. She is a professional with a nice salary, but it still takes a bite out of her budget.

How are these college students with no job able to afford not only the large car payment and insurance, but also the huge cost of filling the gas tank? I have 2 kids in college, and they drive economy cars, as does my son in high school, and it's very expensive to keep them in gas and insurance. They all have jobs to help pay for a lot of it, and I make a lot more than minimum wage.

That money is coming from somewhere besides the families of these kids.

Couple of points to add here...

I know someone who used to work with AJ's mom.  It is not out of the question for his family to be able to afford a vehicle like this, although it is questionable.  If there were in fact 2 SUVs (it seems like the diff between a 2010 and 2011 on tix written 13 days apart could be attributed to a clerical error or typo) this situation does seem a little weird. 

I read on another message board that AJ told someone he got a great deal on the car at McConnell Automotive in Mobile.  The McConnells are huge UAT boosters.  They spend tons of advertising dollars at WNSP in Mobile and use this to influence programming and content on the radio station.  A few years back WNSP fired a quality sports guy b/c the McConnells threatened to pull their ad $$$ (the guy made some honest, unbiased comments about the beloved Tide football program).  I would not be surprised one bit to see this particular auto dealership connected to this situation. 

I'll say this, my wife and I both have college degrees and I have a Master's.  We have both have pretty average salaries and live in a modest home.  Like Trent, we have 2 kids and there is no way in Tuscaloosa we could afford car payment, gas, driving citations, custom wheels, and insurance (bet all those tickets and hit and runs did a number on his premiums) for these good looking rides.  Updykes can offer any excuse they want, but if we were talking about Cam Newton and Mike Dyer right now (instead of AJ and Trent)...the entire sporting world would be lobbing grenades at the loveliest village.

One more thing...Why does a kid in school have an attorney?

Smart parents?

There are two people that any wise person should have on speed dial at all times,  a good attorney, and a good accountant. 

I'll say this, my wife and I both have college degrees and I have a Master's.  We have both have pretty average salaries and live in a modest home.  Like Trent, we have 2 kids and there is no way in Tuscaloosa we could afford car payment, gas, driving citations, custom wheels, and insurance (bet all those tickets and hit and runs did a number on his premiums) for these good looking rides.  Updykes can offer any excuse they want, but if we were talking about Cam Newton and Mike Dyer right now (instead of AJ and Trent)...the entire sporting world would be lobbing grenades at the loveliest village.

Oh it would be pandemonium!

A lot of bammer alum own insurance companies.  I doubt many players pay what you have to pay in premiums.

A lot of bammer alum own insurance companies.  I doubt many players pay what you have to pay in premiums.

Isn't that illegal? :-X

Illegal isn't a word in the REC vocabulary.

You're right....what was I thinking? :laugh:

But you know...that is an angle that could cause a lot of grief if found to be true.  ;)

Oh yeah, that would mean jailtime unless they went before a judge that graduated from bammer law school.

Insurance fraud is a federal crime isn't it?

We need a lawyer. I only know about mental health/addiction issues....which comes in handy when dealing with a lot of those bammers.

Insurance fraud is a federal crime isn't it?

We need a lawyer. I only know about mental health/addiction issues....which comes in handy when dealing with a lot of those bammers.

I'm not insinuating insurance fraud.  All I'm saying is that the amount people pay for insurance premiums can vary from client to client/company to company........ 

It is ins. fraud or something like that if a bammer player gets an undeserved discount while other customers pay a higher premium for the same car insurance.

I could not afford the insurance premiums for my son on a Yukon, and he has a clean driving record so far and gets the good student/drivers ed discount. It makes no sense financially for those bammer players to be able to afford the lifestyle they lead. It can't be explained away by Pell Grants or student loans either.

Plus it's not secretive at all. It's all in everybody's face with these pics and traffic tickets and such. It amazes me how these players drive cars most people with jobs can't afford, yet have no legitimate income. If you replace bama players with Auburn players in this scenario, the NCAA would be ripping Auburn a new one. But not the turds, they flaunt it right in the NCAA's face and flip the infractions committee off while they drive by them in their brand new cars. Unreal.

When discussing this with your local Updyke, just ask him how he would feel if those were AU players driving those cars. 

Warning: be prepared to hear the following response, "The Barn sux, Row Tahde, I'll fight you right now." 

Plus it's not secretive at all. It's all in everybody's face with these pics and traffic tickets and such. It amazes me how these players drive cars most people with jobs can't afford, yet have no legitimate income. If you replace bama players with Auburn players in this scenario, the NCAA would be ripping Auburn a new one. But not the turds, they flaunt it right in the NCAA's face and flip the infractions committee off while they drive by them in their brand new cars. Unreal.

The fighting Updykes have always spit in the face of the NCAA and infractions committee. Hell, with the Means fiasco (some of the worst infractions in NCAA history), the updykes sued the NCAA for punishing them. With every single probation they have gotten (Jelks, Means, Textbooks) they have appealed and fought the punishment either claiming they were innocent or the penalties were too harsh.

Archived