Arik Armstead

ellitor

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

listening to sports call and bill said that his "sources" told him today that if the sec would grant armond a waiveR,both the armsteads would be AUBURN TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

listening to sports call and bill said that his "sources" told him today that if the sec would grant armond a waiveR,both the armsteads would be AUBURN TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

SportsCall, as chizhead mentioned, is talking about Armsteads.

4- 6pm CT, M-F               

SportsCall

http://sportscallauburn.com/listenlive.html

http://tunein.com/radio/WQSI-959-s23117/

Another link: http://www.sportscallauburn.com/sportscallonline2.swf

Mobile Streaming: TuneIn app, Wunder Radio

93.9 WTGZ-FM in Auburn, AM 620 WTRP in LaGrange, Georgia

Host: Bill Cameron; Bryan Matthews is a regular guest on Monday.

Toll free: (888) 984-4379

Local: (334) 887-3401

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SportsCall/177078282305981?v=wall

And how accurate is Bill's sources? 

If a waiver has not been filed then how would the SEC grant permission? I'm thinking some bad info is out there.

If a waiver has not been filed then how would the SEC grant permission? I'm thinking some bad info is out there.

That's a good point, but the absence of a formally submitted request does not necessarily mean that discussions haven't already taken place with the SEC.  It's also possible that Armond has shared that he has been told that getting a waiver to play at AU is _____________ (possible, a long shot, out of the question, etc.).

Um, I agree. How can you grant a waiver that does not exist?

Well he should talk to his regular Monday cohost and good friend BMatt who says Armond has not filed for a waiver yet.

Hey, the last few posts just stirred a question in my mind.  I believe it is against NCAA rules for coaches to publicly discuss any recruit by name.  I assume that doesn't hold true with the conference office???  Otherwise, AU would have a hard time communicating the conference office what they were asking for with Armond and why (if they were to submit a waiver request).

While we're asking questions, if the belief is that up until Lupoi announced his departure from Cal (to Washington) that Arik was headed to Cal where Armond could not go, then when/how/why did them playing together become an important issue?  That would have to have developed over the past 24-48 hours.

Hey, the last few posts just stirred a question in my mind.  I believe it is against NCAA rules for coaches to publicly discuss any recruit by name.  I assume that doesn't hold true with the conference office???  Otherwise, AU would have a hard time communicating the conference office what they were asking for with Armond and why (if they were to submit a waiver request).

You can talk about recruits to the conference in situations like this, just not to the public at large.

While we're asking questions, if the belief is that up until Lupoi announced his departure from Cal (to Washington) that Arik was headed to Cal where Armond could not go, then when/how/why did them playing together become an important issue?  That would have to have developed over the past 24-48 hours.

Good question.

I agree 100% which is why I am holding out hope that Arik goes to AU and Armond goes to ND. Would love to have both but if it can't happen, give us one of them.

With Armond's comments it apparently did.

So let's play a game.. What page will this thread be on when Arik makes his decision?

I'm going with page #64

Looks like Westie is out...

So let's play a game.. What page will this thread be on when Arik makes his decision?

I'm going with page #64

Looks like Westie is out...

:'(

Hated to bring up a dead post from 11:49:03 TODAY but it had to be done!!! Don't worry I'm right behind you. I said 68 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The fact that this thread has more pages than the Kwon Alexander LB thread, but has half the views, leads me to believe that most of the pages aren't worth reading...

Good question.

I didn't take it as it being important. I took it as Arik leaning 80% to ND and thus an 80% chance they play together. If Armond hasn't filed a waiver with the SEC then he is not coming here. So to me it sounds like we have a 20% chance at Arik.

Good question.

I didn't take it as it being important. I took it as Arik leaning 80% to ND and thus an 80% chance they play together. If Armond hasn't filed a waiver with the SEC then he is not coming here. So to me it sounds like we have a 20% chance at Arik.

Good point.

They said Armond's request is in the hands of the SEC at this moment and Arik will delay his decision until his brother's petition is passed. Just heard it on sportscall.

The fact that this thread has more pages than the Kwon Alexander LB thread, but has half the views, leads me to believe that most of the pages aren't worth reading...

Actually it would lead me to believe that it is more interesting. Tons of comments with fewer views means everyone who views the thread is interested and is posting.

Archived