Arik Armstead

ellitor

Don't take this as good news:

@sb_joedavidson: Arik Armstead family looking for Auburn hat to go with Oreg,Cal,Wash,USC,UCLA,NDame in appreciation of schools tomorrw.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Maybe we'll luck up and he'll fax in a Certificate of Participation to Coach Chizik!  But seriously, why actually tweet this useless tidbit before the guy actually declared?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt a hat was on his mind when he was in Auburn, as he didn't plan on making a public announcement at the time due to being an EE.  I also bet it's harder to find an Auburn hat in California.  It may mean we aren't in it, but I wouldn't assume. 

@sb_joedavidson: Arik Armstead family looking for Auburn hat to go with Oreg,Cal,Wash,USC,UCLA,NDame in appreciation of schools tomorrw.

The guy clearly has no idea how many AU hats Arik owns.

How many?  It's too late for Fed Ex else I would send him one.  :P

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/arik_armstead_ready_to_give_a.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

^^ Couldn't agree more

any word on the waiver from the SEC for the older brother w/ only one year left to play-if we could get that, Arik might come on over to the plains

If it is true that he is "looking" for a hat I don't think it has anything to do with AU hats being hard to find out West. Chizik would have made a delivery happen even at a ridiculous expense if he was AU bound.

War Eagle ! 

Just when I thought Auburn was out of it I came across this --

1/27/12

While all of those schools are still in the running, Auburn may have possibly jumped out in front with an in-home visit that recently took place.

"It went really good," said Gus Armstead, Arik's father. "They just laid out the plan they have for Arik. Coach Chizik talked about Auburn and what Auburn means and what philosophies they have. He talked about the academics and also the spiritual aspect of it."

Armstead would fit in extremely well with this team, considering they are very young and have a lot of talented players returning, particularly on defense. They've also landed a few top defensive players in this year's class, including Tyler Nero, Josh Holsey and Cassanova McKinzy.

If it means having him play basketball as well to land the dual-threat athlete, Auburn is completely on board with that as well.

"We had a meeting with Coach Barbee and they have been very clear for their plan for him and him being a dual-sport athlete," said Gus Armstead. "We definitely, as a family, have a comfort level with that."

But the thing that may have impressed the Armstead family more than anything is how much interest they've shown in the young man.

"The coaches have done a really good job with Arik," said Gus Armstead. "They have been real attentive with Arik. They have been out here to see him more times than some schools on the West Coast. Coach Luper has been out here several times, as many times as he has been allowed."

Really, nothing means more to a recruit than to show him that you're really interested in him. All of this hard work that the Auburn coaching staff is doing could end up really paying off in the long run.

Not quite breaking news. This has been out there since Chizik's visit during the middle of the week. I still feel good about Arik though. We shall see.

This article was written yesterday and didn't see it anywhere in the thread so maybe I missed it. I haven't seen all those quotes from Gus on how impressed he is with Auburn's coaching staff and how they laid out a plan, etc.

This was before it was being reported today that only the Cal coach was invited to the press conference...Strictly unconfirmed rumor of course.

Archived