Arik Armstead

ellitor

Somebody should show that to Arik to show how bad we want him. Thats a ton of money.

I think his dad knows how much money and effort CGC is putting into getting him to come play at Auburn.

I hope he doesn't talk.  :laugh:

Just so Arik doesn't know.

lol. The NCAA just closed that loop hole. If 2010 was 2012 Cam Would have been ineligible under the new NCAA amended rule.

yea, I don't really agree with it either. Cam, nor his father ever received any money from Auburn University.

Essentially now any player who has a handler ask for benefits is ineligible regardless of whether benefits are received or not. This now includes parents.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So really it is only costing Auburn operating cost of jet ($4k x 6 = $24k) extra to recruit Arik vs another recruit.  That was my point.  When you say it cost $30k - $40k per visit to me that is a little misleading because you make it sound like that is extra vs what any other recruit would be in the south east region. 

When our coaches go out west who is to say that one recruit this year is the only thing going on the trip.  Over and over we have heard that Grimes has contacts out west.  Reinforcing those contacts would be very important toward continuing our recruitments out their in the future.  Earlier we were after Watson and Az something from out there.

I think getting AU's name in the mix out West will pay off for us even bigger in the long run for NATIONAL recruiting.

West, Northeast, Midwest, and will ultimately pay off for our core in recruiting the South.  We have to market ourselves, capitalize on the NC to get on the big boys' radar, and this is helping us stay there.  If we get Arik, great.  But those trips are probably a better investment than most realize, toward building a national reputation.  Which will help recruiting in the South.

Look who he tagged as the schools.

jcshurburtt JC Shurburtt

@JHopkins247: Pleasant Grove (Calif.) Lineman Arik Armstead will announce on Sunday at 3. bit.ly/o8uMG9 #Oregon #Cal #UW

I sent a message. See if I hear anything.

jcshurburtt JC Shurburtt

@JHopkins247: Pleasant Grove (Calif.) Lineman Arik Armstead will announce on Sunday at 3. bit.ly/o8uMG9 #Oregon #Cal #UW

I don't know what it means. Today it was said Arik could be coming to AU even if Armond doesn't then Chip Kelly visits and now he's announcing earlier. Maybe AA will see Oregon cares more about their Offense and will have him move over once he signs. No matter what CK told him. Plus their offensive system makes the Defense worse and makes the players' stock drop.

good article on B/R on Coaches in hous visit. His Father made quite a few good comments about Auburn and our staff.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1040603-did-arik-armsteads-visit-from-gene-chizik-auburn-put-the-tigers-in-front

When they have these things in front of the church and family and friends it's sure not to tell them they are going across the US to play ball.

Not really true, Kids these days just want the attention, the chance to make a spectical of their announcement. It's quite sad really. I prefer the guy that just signs and faxes his LoI in and it's announced by the University. These grand specticles are stupid and a waste of money and time. but that what the kids like these days. It's just a "Look at me!" moment.

When they have these things in front of the church and family and friends it's sure not to tell them they are going across the US to play ball.

But also if they are real religious, then I like our chances. Especially after his dad had talked them and CGC talking about the spiritual aspect of things Auburn offered.

You guys are killin me

Not really true, Kids these days just want the attention, the chance to make a spectical of their announcement. It's quite sad really. I prefer the guy that just signs and faxes his LoI in and it's announced by the University. These grand specticles are stupid and a waste of money and time. but that what the kids like these days. It's just a "Look at me!" moment.

there is 120 pages where grown men and women are talking about nothing but him. I have a hard time putting the blame on him.

Some are predicting Oregon, but I don't see it at this point.  Here's a tidbit from his talk with Chip Kelly: 

"Arik Armstead met with Chip Kelly yesterday for an in-home visit. He said he really enjoyed chatting with Chip & that "He's very witty. I had a good meeting with him. He changed my perspective on Oregon a little more. I asked him about the Tampa Bay Bucs job (that he nearly accepted last weekend). He told me he couldn't guarantee me that he'd be at Oregon my entire career if I went there, but that's ok, because I understand it's part of the job, and when you're successful, other teams will want you as a coach. I'd rather have that than play for a coach who isn't as successful."

He's basically telling Armstead not to expect him (Kelly) to be at Oregon for the next 4 years.

With those comments above about CCK, maybe that was the final piece of the puzzle Arik needed and he moved up his announcement cause he's sure about AU all the way now ?

:dunno:

;D

Some are predicting Oregon, but I don't see it at this point.  Here's a tidbit from his talk with Chip Kelly: 

"Arik Armstead met with Chip Kelly yesterday for an in-home visit. He said he really enjoyed chatting with Chip & that "He's very witty. I had a good meeting with him. He changed my perspective on Oregon a little more. I asked him about the Tampa Bay Bucs job (that he nearly accepted last weekend). He told me he couldn't guarantee me that he'd be at Oregon my entire career if I went there, but that's ok, because I understand it's part of the job, and when you're successful, other teams will want you as a coach. I'd rather have that than play for a coach who isn't as successful."

He's basically telling Armstead not to expect him (Kelly) to be at Oregon for the next 4 years.

Maybe his perspective was that Oregon was stable with CK there and now he sees that he may not be there in 4 years like he thought.

With those comments above about CCK, maybe that was the final piece of the puzzle Arik needed and he moved up his announcement cause he's sure about AU all the way now ?

;D

He's staying out west.  My guess is Washington.  Cal has a shot too.

;D

He's staying out west.  My guess is Washington.  Cal has a shot too.

That's the going opinion of most.

jcshurburtt JC Shurburtt

An hour ago he tweeted he would guess Oregon, but Auburn and ND are still in it.  I think most people are assuming (as I did dozens of pages ago) that it's hard to make a kid leave the West Coast.  But if he does....

jcshurburtt JC Shurburtt

An hour ago he tweeted he would guess Oregon, but Auburn and ND are still in it.  I think most people are assuming (as I did dozens of pages ago) that it's hard to make a kid leave the West Coast.  But if he does....

I suspect he stays closer to home, but props to the staff for putting the full court press on trying to land him. They obviously made a favorable impression on the Armsteads.

there is 120 pages where grown men and women are talking about nothing but him. I have a hard time putting the blame on him.

He was supposed to commit back on page 54 of this thread I thought!?!?!?!

good article on B/R on Coaches in hous visit. His Father made quite a few good comments about Auburn and our staff.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1040603-did-arik-armsteads-visit-from-gene-chizik-auburn-put-the-tigers-in-front

I have said this before but if it wasn't for the distance, there is no doubt in my mind that Arik would be an Auburn man. Even if he picks a West coast school, which is my lean at this time, I say props to Coach Chizik and Staff for doing a classy job with Arik and making Auburn proud. Being in the running on him (and several other top recruits) right to the end is something that has made recruits all over the country take notice and will hold AU in good stead next year. 

Archived