Arik Armstead

ellitor

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He informed auburn that he is not picking them and is down to Oregon or Cal..  :dunno:

That's what the bunker mods are saying. Oh well, the coaches gave their best shot.

WDE

Can all the folks who read chapters into a factual statement about difficulty of finding an AU hat in central California interpret this statement for me and tell me if it is good or bad please???  "The sky is blue."  Thanks.

Blue is another word for sad.  'The sky' is often mis-heard as 'this guy' (e.g., in Jimi Hendrix's Purple Haze - "Excuse me while I kiss the sky')  So I take it to mean, "This guy is sad."  This guy is obviously Arik Armstead, since this is a thread about him.  So, Arik is sad.  Logically, this leads one to ask, "Why is Arik sad?"  Well, I believe he's sad that he's going to be living so far away from his family, but he's decided that Auburn is the best place for him to go to college.

So, in a nutshell:  The sky is blue = Arik Armstead is going to sign with Auburn.  :thumbsup:

:we:

He informed auburn that he is not picking them and is down to Oregon or Cal..  :dunno:

That's what the bunker mods are saying. Oh well, the coaches gave their best shot.

WDE

close this thread and forget about it :'(

No matter what this kid decides.I know our coaches busted their tails trying to get this kid and worked as hard as they could..I can really appreciate that as a fan ...I LOVE OUR COACHES WAR EAGLE

So what did he decide? Wasn't it supposed to be at 3:00 today?

3:00 Pacific, 5 central, 6 eastern.

Oh. ok thanks! Sounds like he is going somewhere else, but I would still like to know what he decides.

Sorry to break the news but unless there is a serious change of heart in the next 35 minutes he isn't coming. He has already informed the coaches. They may try and talk to him one more time but it looks like we need to turn our attention to others.

No one should get down about this. To be in the final group for a 5* stud out of Cali is a win. I know it doesn't feel that way but this staff is recruiting on a national stage. They will get their fair share as time goes on. It is hard to make the relationships needed and takes time. Previous staffs didn't look west of the Miss. or Tenn..

It actually won't bother me too much if we miss on him because of his insistence upon playing defense. If he were to play OT, then he could be elite, but as a defensive end he's just a really good player, and there are other ends that I think are on his level as DEs. Plus he does have a natural ceiling because of his height, so he might not be able to be as good a DE as another guy with more prototypical end height.

That having been said, I'd LOVE to get his commitment, and maybe he would even have a change of heart and play offense.

Maybe he's going to pull the Auburn hat out of nowhere, put it on, and surprise everybody?

Maybe he's going to pull the Auburn hat out of nowhere, put it on, and surprise everybody?

Got an AU card in the middle of the hats...

I'm so proud of our coaches.  We went across the country and our name is on his final table the day of his commitment.

Archived