Arik Armstead

ellitor

This was before it was being reported today that only the Cal coach was invited to the press conference...Strictly unconfirmed rumor of course.

Yep, this is what I've read also.  Duh.  I forgot about the quiet period.  :banghead:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt the coaches from the other school's would want to go out of their way there, if he wasn't committing to them. Also coaches can't visit with recruits tomorrow.

This was before it was being reported today that only the Cal coach was invited to the press conference...Strictly unconfirmed rumor of course.

Rumor Rumor, that is recruiting violation. Tomorrow is quiet period, no coach can come in contact wirh recruit off campus.

Pretty sure that's illegal.

Yeah coaches can't even be at the commit thing...thUGA got in trouble for David pollack even being there last year, and he wasnt even a coach. So I dont think the cal coach is going to be there.

Some of you will fall for anything. It's 100% illegal for any college coaches to be present at a recruit's announcement. If any coach shots up, that school better get ready for severe sanctions.

Some of you will fall for anything. It's 100% illegal for any college coaches to be present at a recruit's announcement. If any coach shots up, that school better get ready for severe sanctions.

Your on your own with that comment

any word on the waiver from the SEC for the older brother w/ only one year left to play-if we could get that, Arik might come on over to the plains

ITAT said today the waiver has not been granted yet.

No need to worry right now. We will know in about 16 HRs. If he doesn't pick us then he likely won't flip to us. So the worry will be over for good but if he picks us then we will have worry about the west coast schools flipping him for 3 days.

Might have missed it... But is it gonna be televised? if so where can I watch it?

I think he is putting it on facebook. It probably isn't on tv since he is announcing at his church. He maybe announcing it at church to save some of the uproar when he picks.

No need to worry right now. We will know in about 16 HRs. If he doesn't pick us then he likely won't flip to us. So the worry will be over for good but if he picks us then we will have worry about the west coast schools flipping him for 3 days.

Dis agree. Whoever he picks, including Auburn, it's over after that.

Don't get your hopes up too high.  And, by all means, the sky is not falling if we do not get his commitment today. 

Damage control tone already. Guess it is not looking favorable.

I have numbed myself in case of the loss.I felt good about AA a few weeks ago when I wasted a whole sunday trying to stay updated but not sure now...wont count him out until its over! WDE

Don't get your hopes up too high.  And, by all means, the sky is not falling if we do not get his commitment today. 

Not damage control.  I just know how some posters are. 

Not damage control.  I just know how some posters are. 

Ok all clear.  I'd like to get him but I honestly have no idea what he'll do. We'll all know at 5.

This sure does sound like a couple of violations......

Lupoi was one of seven UW coaches reported to have made a visit to Armstead earlier this week at a Sacramento-area hotel in a room decorated with a UW jersey bearing his name.

So, UW rented a hotel room, decorated it, personalized a jersey, and had 7 coaches visit Arik there.  That just does not sound "legal".  Why get a hotel room...why not just visit the kid's home?  

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2017364015_uwfb29.html

The Jersey bearing his name, definitely is a violation.  The will probably self-report on monday to act like they had no idea what they were doing. Even though they obviously were desperate to get in his recruitment.

Archived