Recruits

CTown

Boy I get nervous every time I see an AAU affiliation on one of these kid's bio.  Columbus....isn't that where USCw and some other schools had problems with the AAU program or sponsors?

Boy I get nervous every time I see an AAU affiliation on one of these kid's bio.   Columbus....isn't that where USCw and some other schools had problems with the AAU program or sponsors?

I understand why it bothers you, but get used to it. They all have it now. Sad but true

trust the coaches ... this is common practice now and vetting any concerns should be easier done nowadays ... not to mention, Barbee will/has developed relationships with the AAU folks that he can trust.  life is about relationships in marketing/sales and that is what barbee is doing ... selling the qualities of Auburn University to prospective student-athletes.

AAU programs like it or not are part of the BBall scene now. It requires care to work the AAU programs without breaking any rules. All schools have the same issue. Luckily for us we have a great coach and a very sound compliance program

It is indeed a double edge sword.  Its the biggest marketing tool for highschool kids.  Wrong people over the programs and it could turn ugly but college coaches not worrying about that they need PLAYERS! 

College coaches not worrying about that? Again, not trying to bash, but you know as well as I do, you have to be extremely careful with that. The NCAA is trying to prove they have some kind of control, ask Cam and our compliance department if you don't think so, and they would jump at any chance at any school that gave em a reason. We have to use the system, we need to not let the AAU system use us.

That is true but I see AAU Organizations making out the most.  NCAA gets a grip too.  Do a little research into "Live Periods"  NCAA gets plenty, they just want to make sure they are getting and not the Coaches.  :beatmullet:

Look at my above posted link. Plenty of people were getting. That link was among the more recent article of thousands. Trust me, I'll never be the the one to defend the NCAA. That's laughable.

It is an imperfect system, by any stretch of the imagination. It is what it is, but I see very few clean hands and cannot be talked into seeing them. It needs to be given a pressure washing with bleach.

Problem is that AAU related problems have a way of showing up years after the transgressions occur....and seems to me that many of the AAU sponsors / mentors have personal financial interests that drive their actions.  And last point, it's likely they are not as familiar with NCAA regs and generally have nothing at risk if they go over the line. 

I'm sure Coach Barbee thinks he has control of the relationships but if we pursue the AAU pipelines, I will not be surprised when the NCAA hits our basketball program again.

Archived