Auburn/Paine College...

autkidd1345162876

@auburnbeat: Paine College, a private HBC in Augusta has brought a decent crowd that is making more noise than the Auburn side.

wareagleextra Joel A. Erickson

Huge dunk for Kenny Gabriel a minute into the game off a Chubb miss. #Auburn

wareagleextra Joel A. Erickson

Chris Denson got the start tonight, and he just made a tough layup on the baseline by beating two defenders to the rim. #Auburn #basketball

Auburn up 8-1 early into the game.

Same here. I was at every game when I lived in Auburn, plus alot of away games including at trip to DC/UVA to watch the women's at GW and the men the next day at UVA. It sucks not living there and being able to go to all the games.

From my buddy...

"They look good. Obviously time will tell. But they look like a team this year rather than just 5 guys running around who all happen to be wearing the same thing."

:laugh:

Denson looked really good, so did McAffee. Gabriel is going to be a highlight reel this year. Sullivan didnt have a really good game but you can tell Barbee trusts him. I hope Ward's ankle ends up being alright because he looked good running the point as well.

Crowd wasn't terrible for an exhibition game the night after Halloween on another school night. Paine looked like they had a good about of folks there, but the Auburn crowd gradually trickled in. In the Arena, it's tough to see how many students are actually there for the ballgame unless you are sitting on the opposite side of the court in the big money seats, so some could have left with the impression that it was a terrible turnout. As far as game play, these guys have REALLY improved. The talent level and off-season workouts (especially for Chubb) have made a tremendous difference. Defense looked solid and was really suffocating at times and the Offense, when in its natural flow, was a think of beauty. Seems like the dribble-drive has a bit more difficulty slicing up a zone but I have no doubt that it will continue to improve. I look forward to watching this team grow and putting some more butts in the Arena on a consistent basis!

Question for someone in the know: Do you think we'll run alot of 3 guard lineups this year, atleast until Johnson is available in January? I kinda like the idea of having Denson and Sullivan out there at the same time. Denson came on at the end of the year as a scorer and we know what Sullivan is capable of. With Ward running point, Gabriel's athleticism and Chubb getting stronger and more experienced, I'm excited to see what this team can do.

will definitely drive over from bham with the kids and watch a game or two this year.  usually try to do that before the sec schedule starts.  should be fun to watch this year.

Me too.  My second grader is playing organized basketball for the first time this year.  This would be a good trip.  I imagine we could get some tickets at the door.

Archived