DB Ronald Darby Update

AUSportTalk

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Darby shown any type of ability to put on weight?  With how big receivers are becoming I'd be afraid to take a guy who is 170 pounds.  Talk about needing a redshirt year.

There are guys who don't weigh much, but are super strong. He could be one.

Has Darby shown any type of ability to put on weight?  With how big receivers are becoming I'd be afraid to take a guy who is 170 pounds.  Talk about needing a redshirt year.

The Honeybadger says hello! :P

ST, what percentage do you put for us to get Darby's signature?

I would say around 40% right now. Auburn will put the full court press on if they don't feel good about flipping Bush.

IMO, we should take Darby over Bush by a LOOOOONG shot, and do so ASAP. Darby has an elite skillset and is already pretty polished.

Bush has a great skillset as well but is incredibly raw and probably a RS year or 2 away from helping out. This is JMO.

You know I agree with this

This applies for Jordan Moore as well. I'd take him over Bush lickety split!

Anything new on Darby?  Haven't seen or heard anything in a few days.

Nothing new really....we are still in play. But I think a lot of people think it might be between Clemson and home-state Maryland, who are the two newest pushers for him.

Anything new on Darby?  Haven't seen or heard anything in a few days.

He is still deciding on his last visits.

And he has already been to Auburn....just to add that.

Maryland just fired their DC, so that should help our cause hopefully.

What would really help our case on many recruits is somebody hiring Hudson away from FSU.

What would really help our case on many recruits is somebody hiring Hudson away from FSU.

Well then let's hope maryland doesn't hire him!

Well then let's hope maryland doesn't hire him!

USF is looking at him now.

his Coach was quoted as saying Auburn and FSU are his top 2 with ND a distant third. #WDE

Darby told Mike Farrell of Rivals.com that he enjoyed his visit to Florida State. He is scheduled to visit Clemson this coming weekend but Darby said he's not sure he will make the visit. He said Florida State and Auburn are his top two ahead of Clemson and his former favorite Notre Dame, but he added he does not have a leader.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120115/psports02/120119777

:wareagle:

I'm getting more and more pissed with FSU/Fisher trying to get in these kids heads.  Looks like so many top guys have FSU on their short list.  God, I wish ole Bowden was still takin his naps down there. >:(

To be honest, Venables is a great position coach, and good coordinator, but as far as a recruiter I'm skeptical because if you look at Oklahoma's class this season, there were hardly any big time defensive players in it. That being said, I'm not thrilled about having to compete with him in SE for recruits now.

Archived