DB Ronald Darby Update

AUSportTalk

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to be negative, but since Moore just committed to TCU, that cant help us with Darby  :banghead:

And I read the opposite, since Moore committed to TCU maybe we feel VERY confident about getting Darby.

Not trying to be negative, but since Moore just committed to TCU, that cant help us with Darby  :banghead:

And I read the opposite, since Moore committed to TCU maybe we feel VERY confident about getting Darby.

IMO, that would imply that we encouraged Moore to go to TCU which I find hard to believe.

I thought we were going to take both anyways  :dunno:

I hope so, but most signs have pointed towards Darby to FSU for some time

Guys I have no idea who the coaches were or were not going to take, I don't have inside sources, I know nothing except pretty much what I read here. I was not implying that we ushered him away because we had Darby, I was just saying that maybe the coaches were afraid of a numbers crunch and they felt good about Darby. That being said I have no clue and am completely oblivious.

They're "friends" but their recruitment was always separate. It's not like Darby is going to go pick TCU now  :laugh:

No, but it's silly to deny that if Moore had picked AU, it could have given at least a slight impetus for Darby to pick AU as well.  

Guys I have no idea who the coaches were or were not going to take, I don't have inside sources, I know nothing except pretty much what I read here. I was not implying that we ushered him away because we had Darby, I was just saying that maybe the coaches were afraid of a numbers crunch and they felt good about Darby. That being said I have no clue and am completely oblivious.

Right now, from the sources we have available to us, it appears the only numbers concern might be that we have too many open spots left this time tomorrow night.  Might not turn out that way, but it seems to be at least a distinct possibility.

They're "friends" but their recruitment was always separate. It's not like Darby is going to go pick TCU now  :laugh:

No, but it's silly to deny that if Moore had picked AU, it could have given at least a slight impetus for Darby to pick AU as well.  

Moore will have a lot better chance playing at TCU early than Auburn. Darby is a lot more talented and could play early here.

I hope so, but most signs have pointed towards Darby to FSU for some time

All signs with Moore pointed to Auburn as late as this morning.  :dunno:

Spots will be precious next year, or else Chizik will have to start doing some processing.  I read somewhere that without any attrition AU could only sign 13 next year (due to 85 roster limit) if we signed a full class this year, so you know coaches have to be considering that. 

Spots will be precious next year, or else Chizik will have to start doing some processing.  I read somewhere that without any attrition AU could only sign 13 next year (due to 85 roster limit) if we signed a full class this year, so you know coaches have to be considering that. 

Never pass on a bird in the hand for two in the bush.  No way to tell what the year will bring.  My opinion, load up as much as you can now because you don't know for sure how much attrition will occur or how many spots will be available next year.

Archived