2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A round of Internet beers for everyone!

Rough day at work so far. Make mine an internet scotch.

I'll take a Makers, up!

Lol. life long clempson buddy (he was born into it) claiming it wasn't a big deal to "lose" him and Lawson. Said their D-line was set anyways. Personally, I think these guys will push for playing time early here and would have there.

My job takes me into several school systems here. I just happened to have a meeting at Dooly county high this afternoon. As soon as I turned into the parking lot I saw a car totally decked out in AU stuff. It was Montravious. I introduced myself and congratulated him. He was a very nice guy. Seemed super humble. Needless to say, I'm very psyched about having him.

BTW, I got a LOT of War Eagles there today.

My job takes me into several school systems here. I just happened to have a meeting at Dooly county high this afternoon. As soon as I turned into the parking lot I saw a car totally decked out in AU stuff. It was Montravious. I introduced myself and congratulated him. He was a very nice guy. Seemed super humble. Needless to say, I'm very psyched about having him.

BTW, I got a LOT of War Eagles there today.

Kewl! Thanks for sharing. Montravious is hard to read on television.

Clemson talk radio show hosts were speculating on what turned MA to Auburn especially "considering their season last year".

(I don't quite get that. Everyone knows AU is typically competitive in the SEC, so a down season, if anything, is a plus IMO)

They talked a little about Gus and, most interestingly, they brought up the "family atmosphere" that Gus and his staff like to create. Mentioned how the Auburn staff liked to include the wives and even their children in recruiting visits. This family atmosphere is very attractive to a lot of these kids and it probably had an impact on Montravious.

I find this interesting because I am pretty sure that Clemson - and probably other schools - take a similar approach. And they really wanted Montravious

Maybe AU's "family theme" will become like "Tiger Walk" on gameday - widely imitated.

Rodney Garner & Carl Lawson, in addition to the AU family atmosphere, are the two main reasons we got Monty. Had Rodney stayed at GA I think Monty would have signed with them.

Clemson talk radio show hosts were speculating on what turned MA to Auburn especially "considering their season last year".

(I don't quite get that. Everyone knows AU is typically competitive in the SEC, so a down season, if anything, is a plus IMO)

They talked a little about Gus and, most interestingly, they brought up the "family atmosphere" that Gus and his staff like to create. Mentioned how the Auburn staff liked to include the wives and even their children in recruiting visits. This family atmosphere is very attractive to a lot of these kids and it probably had an impact on Montravious.

I find this interesting because I am pretty sure that Clemson - and probably other schools - take a similar approach. And they really wanted Montravious

Maybe AU's "family theme" will become like "Tiger Walk" on gameday - widely imitated.

It might be, but people are slow to the party if they imitate it now.

Shug Jordan used the phrase "Auburn Family" early and often during his career at Auburn.

Being from there, those morons (and yes, I know them well) hate Auburn for some reason. I guess the fact that their colors, first university president, and soccer field are named after or represent Auburn in some way pisses them off.

Walt Duptula and Mr. Plyler can KMA!

Rodney Garner & Carl Lawson, in addition to the AU family atmosphere, are the two main reasons we got Monty. Had Rodney stayed at GA I think Monty would have signed with them.

Yeah, they mentioned the Garner relationship also.

Archived