2013 5* DT Montravius Adams signs with AU!

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand that Montravious played against guys way smaller than him. How did he do at the national camps? Anyone know?

I mean, in his defense, who isn't much smaller than 6'3 300 lbs?

How about for a selling point that Auburn 10 times as many undefeated seasons as Clemson, in fact more in the last 8 years than Clemson has in their history? Or Auburn has 5 times as many top 10 finishes as Clemson, most of them recently. How about an Auburn coach STARTED Clemson's program? (The purple in fact comes from the Auburn ass't being allowed to take old faded Auburn practice jersey's w/ him for Clemson's first unis). Clemson pretty well is a poor copy of a dozen other programs ("Death Valley" etc). My question is why McKenzie picked the Auburn wannabe over the real deal.

I think Mackenzie picked Clemson over Auburn so his brother shine at a better school! They're so close and Mackenro has more swag, so I predict a transfer to Auburn in Mackenzie's future...lol :jossun:

I understand that Montravious played against guys way smaller than him. How did he do at the national camps? Anyone know?

Decide for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFh-QdowbEs

Monty and Lawson looked good to me, Dee Liner looked really bad (lol).

Not to ruin the hatefest, but M. Alexander will probably get a little better practice guarding some of Clemson's receivers than guarding ours. Two of those guys are beasts. We haven't really showed much in the last two years. But don't get me wrong, I would have liked to have gotten them both. I thought we had a stronger feeling about getting Mackenzie over Mackenro though, based on what everyone on here was saying.

No fan of the Dabo either!

No way to honestly compare Clemson to Auburn. When Clemson squeaked past Auburn in 2011 it was their 1st victory over Auburn since 1951. Auburn had won 14 straight against them. The record stands at 34-13-2 with Auburn holding a 21 win advantage. I dont need to see where recruits wetn to another school because they had better players. They have some good receivers no doubt but the only way you can compare Clemson to Auburn is by pointing out that it was Auburn folks who put their football program together using faded Auburn practice uniforms..hence the purple rather than blue.Auburn even gave them their architectural plans for Sanford Hall which they used. Clemson is modeled after Auburn not the other way around!

How about for a selling point that Auburn 10 times as many undefeated seasons as Clemson, in fact more in the last 8 years than Clemson has in their history? Or Auburn has 5 times as many top 10 finishes as Clemson, most of them recently. How about an Auburn coach STARTED Clemson's program? (The purple in fact comes from the Auburn ass't being allowed to take old faded Auburn practice jersey's w/ him for Clemson's first unis). Clemson pretty well is a poor copy of a dozen other programs ("Death Valley" etc). My question is why McKenzie picked the Auburn wannabe over the real deal.

I think Mackenzie picked Clemson over Auburn so his brother shine at a better school! They're so close and Mackenro has more swag, so I predict a transfer to Auburn in Mackenzie's future...lol :jossun:

Maybe Mac decides later how great it would be to play with his brother once his brother tells him how great the AU Family is and he gets playing time. That would be great. Sitting out a year would be hard to take though.

Being from there, those morons (and yes, I know them well) hate Auburn for some reason. I guess the fact that their colors , first university president, and soccer field are named after or represent Auburn in some way pisses them off.

Walt Duptula and Mr. Plyler and KMA!

clempson's colors are PURPLE and orange. big difference, not always noted. wde

Only because Navy fades to Purple lol.

LOL! True Auburn gave Clemson the faded jerseys... Hence, PURPLE! War Eagle!

When MA went to national camps, they would have been looking very hard at him given the competition he played against. He had to show out very well in the camps to be a 5 star.The services really do not like ot hand out the 5 star tag very often.

Being from there, those morons (and yes, I know them well) hate Auburn for some reason. I guess the fact that their colors , first university president, and soccer field are named after or represent Auburn in some way pisses them off.

clempson's colors are PURPLE and orange. big difference, not always noted. wde

Only because Navy fades to Purple lol.

LOL! True Auburn gave Clemson the faded jerseys... Hence, PURPLE! War Eagle!

Is this really true? I've never heard it before. But it's no wonder they use orange as their primary color ( :puke: ) as that purple is even worse( :puke: :puke: ).

Thank goodness for our navy or white as primary colors. Orange - especially burn't orange - looks great as a trim. Obviously, I am not one of the all-orange advocates.

Being from there, those morons (and yes, I know them well) hate Auburn for some reason. I guess the fact that their colors, first university president, and soccer field are named after or represent Auburn in some way pisses them off.

Clemson is a wanna be Auburn! They model so many things after us..it's crazy. I see why USCe hates him and Clemson so much. Hope he enjoyed those last two wins b/c he may not see anymore soon going against Auburn. Clemson needs to worry about C. Strong/UL, USCe and FSU first.

Clemson was once red, white, and blue....like Ole Miss but without the grey. CJH changed all that. I grew up in a Clemson family. I worked at Clemson from 2002-2005 as a medic on gameday in the stadium. I always wore my ring and a little AU on my hat. My co-workers would ask me why I wasn't into the game (when we weren't busy) and my reply was "I don't see Orange and Blue out there so it's just another football game"....

Clemson was fun to grow up around during the 80's, but that all came to an end when I chose to come to Auburn. Since then, they are just another team in the way. :)

Cool story, I have a friend who lives in South Georgia (Cordele), he called me Friday afternoon and said he has been training with Monty (didn't mention this to me until after NSD, he is a HUGE Dawg fan). Anyways, he says, keep an eye on your mailbox, I'm sending you an autographed football from Montravious! Hoping it is very valuable someday!

Decide for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFh-QdowbEs

Monty and Lawson looked good to me, Dee Liner looked really bad (lol).

I agree - Lawson looks like a beast. Can't wait to see him on the field.

Monty is going to be just fine IMO. Once he gets in a REAL weight program, WATCHOUT! Dooly County is a VERY small school, and resources of course aren't what they are in some areas.

Archived