2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

I sure like this quote from Carl "I promise you some more 5-stars are coming to Auburn. I know that for a fact,” he said. “Our class is just going to jump.” Reel them in Carl!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“I promise you some more 5-stars are coming to Auburn. I know that for a fact,” he said. “Our class is just going to jump.”

I have a dumb question.  Without playing any games since last fall, and without attending any camps yet, how does a players standing improve?  I'm happy, don't get me wrong.  I love it when we get some 5 stars because the bammers think they own that area.  I know it's all subjective, but I don't understand the reasoning.  Somebody help this old man understand. :wedance:

I have a dumb question.  Without playing any games since last fall, and without attending any camps yet, how does a players standing improve?  I'm happy, don't get me wrong.  I love it when we get some 5 stars because the bammers think they own that area.  I know it's all subjective, but I don't understand the reasoning.  Somebody help this old man understand. :wedance:

Simply put. There are millions of players out there so it takes time to watch the tape with great intent so even with no camps more players are evaluated and adjustments are made.

It also mentioned something about him having dominated a camp in Charlotte earlier this month.

“Lawson is college-ready from a physical standpoint and based off of eyeballing him in person and watching him go through drills at the Charlotte Nike Football Training Camp earlier this month, as well as his dominance on film, we feel that the Auburn commit is a five-star prospect,” 247Sports national recruiting analyst JC Shurburtt said.

Lawson has been to multiple camps so far and was MVP at a couple IIRC.

Carl Lawson looks like hes been in our weight program for 5 years already!!! Damn that kid is jacked!!! We got ourselves something special here. Top 5 player by seasons end, Id bet my life on that!!!

Gonna be the best D Line class ever!!!, If I was a LB I would want to be a part of this. With all those double teams the LBers are going to light it up. FYI DL saying big things here in Muscle Shoals about RF, but lets keep it quiet  ;)  

FYI DL saying big things here in Muscle Shoals about RF, but lets keep it quiet  ;)  

This makes me  ;D. I'd love to know what exactly DL is saying.

The match-up with Khaleil Rodgers, "arguably the strongest player in the country" is a matchup I would love to see continue on the practice fields of Auburn University for the next four or five years!!!

Guest EagleDamnWar

The match-up with Khaleil Rodgers, "arguably the strongest player in the country" is a matchup I would love to see continue on the practice fields of Auburn University for the four or five years!!!

Carl called out Rodgers a while back.  Hopefully he ends up bringing him to the plains. Then work on bigelow...  ;D

new Free article from Rivals on Carl Lawson. This guy doesn't mess around. I feel sorry for opposing QB's and RB's

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1370773

Great video. Lawson puts an incredible move on in his first play. Watch the whole film. Monty Adams throws someone ot the ground. Good gosh, these are some physical guys. Mean! I would love to have Monty Adams in addition to the guys we have. Incredible.

Lawson, Liner, and Adams are BEASTS!!!!!!  We're 2/3rds there, 1 more to go to an awesome haul on the line.  Now add Foster, T. Johnson, and the rest we're looking at and this class will be incredible.  :wedance:

new Free article from Rivals on Carl Lawson. This guy doesn't mess around. I feel sorry for opposing QB's and RB's

Great video. Lawson puts an incredible move on in his first play. Watch the whole film. Monty Adams throws someone ot the ground. Good gosh, these are some physical guys. Mean! I would love to have Monty Adams in addition to the guys we have. Incredible.

That was a heck of a block by Green at the very end of the video to.

That was a heck of a block by Green at the very end of the video to.

Derrick Green could quickly move into the RB mix with Dye, Wilkins, and Ryan Green, IF he doesn't commit elsewhere in the next couple of weeks.  Home state VT is after him hard.

I realize that UTk fans are absolutely naive but why in the world are they convinced that Carl Lawson is going to flip to them and that he wants to play a 3-4 OLB and not 4-3 DE?

I realize that UTk fans are absolutely naive but why in the world are they convinced that Carl Lawson is going to flip to them and that he wants to play a 3-4 OLB and not 4-3 DE?

That mountain air does something to you I swear. In my opinion I would say Carl is our strongest commit.

Convinced is a strong way to put it.  A lot of the hype comes from Lawson's comments about Sunseri being the best LB's coach in America and other comments about his connection to Sunseri.  I don't think UT flips him but there is a chance mainly due to Lawson's interest as a Jack LB in the 3-4.  He did not show up at UT this weekend like planned, he is expected back before the end of summer.

Archived