2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

I realize that UTk fans are absolutely naive but why in the world are they convinced that Carl Lawson is going to flip to them and that he wants to play a 3-4 OLB and not 4-3 DE?

Convinced is a strong way to put it.  A lot of the hype comes from Lawson's comments about Sunseri being the best LB's coach in America and other comments about his connection to Sunseri.  I don't think UT flips him but there is a chance mainly due to Lawson's interest as a Jack LB in the 3-4.  He did not show up at UT this weekend like planned, he is expected back before the end of summer.

Well by your name I think you are a UT fan. Please do not take this personally as it is just my educated opinion but but when the Vols go 5-7 and Dooley is fired after this season all their efforts on Lawson will slow down...especially if the new coach is not Sunseri and they change Ds

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize that UTk fans are absolutely naive but why in the world are they convinced that Carl Lawson is going to flip to them and that he wants to play a 3-4 OLB and not 4-3 DE?

Convinced is a strong way to put it.  A lot of the hype comes from Lawson's comments about Sunseri being the best LB's coach in America and other comments about his connection to Sunseri.  I don't think UT flips him but there is a chance mainly due to Lawson's interest as a Jack LB in the 3-4.  He did not show up at UT this weekend like planned, he is expected back before the end of summer.

Are you a UT fan? Just curious

Yep, I am not a spokesman for the mods, but I believe other rival fans have been so disrespectful that sportstalk and the mods have decided to make this an Auburn site only

Yeah, he was interviewed by Scarbinsky on radio Thursday. He wudnt stop gushing how much he loves AU, and he said he recruits for AU when he's at camps.'

I do not think the Mods get rid of fans from other schools unless it is called for. There is a well respected Arky fan that has posted on AE quite often. I like hearing what the competition has to say as long as they are respectful. We should be respectful of them as well.

This place has always been for Auburn fans only. It's just easier that way. Only exception that I know of is razorback reverend

Our general rule is no SEC fans at all (other than Auburn of course), with the exception of RazorbackReverand. ST has said he's not so concerned with non-SEC fans, but off the top of my head I don't remember any who are still around.

Our general rule is no SEC fans at all (other than Auburn of course), with the exception of RazorbackReverand. ST has said he's not so concerned with non-SEC fans, but off the top of my head I don't remember any who are still around.

I can understand no UGA, Bammer, or LSU fans because of all the arguing that would happen but I don't a problem with non rival SEC being able to post as long as they are respectful. To be honest it would be nice to get a different perspective sometimes. Just my 2 cents but I don't slose any sleep over it either way.

It just seems like we're way too scared to hear others' opinions on things. Who knows, there may be some truth to it.

fear has nothing to do with it. It is all about the civility of the board and the auburn family.  There are plenty of other places to hear other fans opinions about us. This is not one of them.

It just seems like we're way too scared to hear others' opinions on things. Who knows, there may be some truth to it.

Or they don't want the board to be like al.com or TD.  :dunno:

DING! DING! DING! DING!!!!!! We have a winner!

Amen to that.

fear has nothing to do with it. It is all about the civility of the board and the auburn family.  There are plenty of other places to hear other fans opinions about us. This is not one of them.

That's all fine and dandy. then someone could have sent the guy a PM and said as such. The posts that came back were anything but civil.

That's all fine and dandy. then someone could have sent the guy a PM and said as such. The posts that came back were anything but civil.

I didn't read anything that even approached the way I would have been received on a Tennessee board.

:laugh: Look at it however you want, but we've been here for long enough to know that rival fans (yes, including Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas, and every other SEC fan base who envies and/or dislikes Auburn), even the well meaning ones, do nothing but create trouble on the boards. We tried no Bama fans, but had issues, so we made it no SEC fans.

duly noted

I can understand no UGA, Bammer, or LSU fans because of all the arguing that would happen but I don't a problem with non rival SEC being able to post as long as they are respectful. To be honest it would be nice to get a different perspective sometimes. Just my 2 cents but I don't slose any sleep over it either way.

Non-rival fans like Mississippi State, who still hold a grudge for stealing Cam (according to them, that is)? What about Florida fans for the same reason? Or maybe Arkansas fans, who don't like that we took the top running back from their state one year and then the top quarterback the next?

There are enough rivalries in the SEC beyond the ones that NCAA Football dubs the "big" rivalries (I still think Florida should be on that list permanently) that issues come up. Sometimes it's because one of our members pokes fun at them, and they poke fun back, and then someone gets offended. Others they are blatant with their disregard for Auburn, Auburn Eagle, and/or our membership.

Trust me, it's just easier the way we do it.

Non-rival fans like Mississippi State, who still hold a grudge for stealing Cam (according to them, that is)? What about Florida fans for the same reason? Or maybe Arkansas fans, who don't like that we took the top running back from their state one year and then the top quarterback the next?

There are enough rivalries in the SEC beyond the ones that NCAA Football dubs the "big" rivalries (I still think Florida should be on that list permanently) that issues come up. Sometimes it's because one of our members pokes fun at them, and they poke fun back, and then someone gets offended. Others they are blatant with their disregard for Auburn, Auburn Eagle, and/or our membership.

Trust me, it's just easier the way we do it.

I basically retracted that post when i said ding ding ding to the poster that said the mods did not want this board to be like TD or al.com. Just the thought of that still makes me shudder.

^^^^^this^^^^^

And I think that it's just because they don't want this place to turn into a TD clone. Which I am glad about by the way.

Archived