2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

I'd be interested to see the percentage of top players that make the league from each school.  It's easy to say you get a lot of guys to the NFL when they are 4* and 5* guys that have a good chance of making it whether they go to USC or North Texas.  But if only 50% of the 4* or better players make it while another school gets 70% there, your player development may not be as good as advertised.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't read it but there is an article on al.com with Mel (bad hair) Kyper saying  :devil: better prepares his players for the NFL. Like I say, I did not read it, but if recruits see it, those on the fence could be persuaded to sign with the turds. I feel once recruits get to see what kind of offense CSL puts out, and the fact he has a knack for developing QB's, You will see more recruits look this way. Same with CBVG and his defense.

:beatmullet::tdau::zapbama:

Getting there and be successful there are two different things...wade Phillips said Kareem Jackson was not coached adequately at UA and he had to adjust a lot of his technique to be successful in the NFL. Don't disregard the 3 Thorpe winners Chizik has in the league..not to mention Cam, Nick, Grubbs, etc. Bottom line if u can play, u can play...

Question? I know they harp on Sabans pedigree in getting guys in the league..but can someone name any of his guys that have stood out as consistent PB players ...??

Saban is the exact same as Steve Spurrier. Great college coach that doesnt know jack about pro football or what the next level takes. If he didnt coach at uat he would not get half the credit he does. As far as I know he has never had a successful skill player come in, and leave, under him to go on and be pro-bowl material.........save Julio. Matt Flynn (id say GB had more of an impact by now), dareus, mcclain, and possibly Ingram are all I can think of right now with a chance. 

Saban is the exact same as Steve Spurrier. Great college coach that doesnt know jack about pro football or what the next level takes. If he didnt coach at uat he would not get half the credit he does. As far as I know he has never had a successful skill player come in, and leave, under him to go on and be pro-bowl material.........save Julio. Matt Flynn (id say GB had more of an impact by now), dareus, mcclain, and possibly Ingram are all I can think of right now with a chance. 

Demeco Ryan would count. Did he have a year or so with  :devil:?

I don't get this. These are two great college football coaches, so what does it matter about the pro-bowl skill players? I don't really like Saban but it's hard to argue his Win loss record. I'm just glad we have who we have. CGC is underapprectiated outside of our fan base.

I don't get this. These are two great college football coaches, so what does it matter about the pro-bowl skill players? I don't really like Saban but it's hard to argue his Win loss record. I'm just glad we have who we have. CGC is underapprectiated outside of our fan base.

It's not his win/loss record that is at issue here, but his penchant for putting players in the League. He has a great reputation for preparing them to play at the next level; the argument is that he doesn't deserve that reputation.

It's not his win/loss record that is at issue here, but his penchant for putting players in the League. He has a great reputation for preparing them to play at the next level; the argument is that he doesn't deserve that reputation.

Exactly, I am not arguing his college W/L record......guy can coach. I am just saying that I absolutely do not understand were the "he prepares these guys for the NFL" comes from. He obviously failed miserably in the NFL and there are not that many players he can point to as a "success".

Unfortunately, these claims will only gather steam as there will be as many as 5 gumps in the first round of the NFL draft this year.  They will certainly not miss the opportunity to publicly genuflect toward lord dinkie because of his clearly superior ways of the gridiron on whichever sports show you turn on come next week. 

Unfortunately, these claims will only gather steam as there will be as many as 5 gumps in the first round of the NFL draft this year.  They will certainly not miss the opportunity to publicly genuflect toward lord dinkie because of his clearly superior ways of the gridiron on whichever sports show you turn on come next week.   

LMAO!!!!

Now that there is funny ........ I don't care who you are!!!!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I think maybe our best bet is to stop worrying about Saban's reputation for putting players in the pros (which is warranted over the last several years anyway) and start whipping him on the field. I think we'll start putting more guys into the 1st round again very soon.

USC assistant coach Tee Martin visiting Carl at his school this morning.  If memory serves me,  isn't Tee originally from Georgis somewhere?  He is USC's wide receivers coach, so it's strange that he's recruiting Carl.

I thought tee went to see trey johnson..

He's definitely at Carl's school, but he might be seeing Trey also.  Sounds like he's making the rounds in Georgia.

I thought Tee Martin was from Mobile.

Yeah, I think you are correct.  My bad.  But I think when Tee was at Kentucky, the State of Georgia was his responsibility.  Maybe that's what I was thinking.

USC assistant coach Tee Martin visiting Carl at his school this morning.   If memory serves me,  isn't Tee originally from Georgis somewhere?  He is USC's wide receivers coach, so it's strange that he's recruiting Carl.

If you're talking about the same Tee Martin that won a NC at UT, then no. He's from Mobile. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tigereagle03

Carl lawson on his visit to ole miss

"It's a pretty nice school, but I just couldn't deal with the confederate flags everywhere"

Hahaha ..he's gonna be a stud...he may be the best player in this class before the rankings are finished ..

Hahaha ..he's gonna be a stud...he may be the best player in this class before the rankings are finished ..

I could see him working his way up he ranking pretty high but no one is passing RN. He's been penciled in as the #1 player in this class for a while now.

I could see him working his way up he ranking pretty high but no one is passing RN. He's been penciled in as the #1 player in this class for a while now.

That #1 ranking and $1.69 will get you a cup of coffee at Hardee's. :)

I need to start stopping by Hardee's for my coffee instead of McDonald's :laugh:

I need to start stopping by Hardee's for my coffee instead of McDonald's :laugh:

$0.69 with the Senior Discount. :thumbsup:

Archived