2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

Okay guys I have a question about Lawson. I was reading an article I think it was on Rivals, and it said Lawson had very little upside. What do you guys think about that evaluation?

Players with little upside never make it into the ESPN top 10 in the nation at any point. It is just someone mad because he is coming to Auburn. So they just say he is not any good anyways. Besidess Rivals themselves have him as a 5 Star.

guys...nobody from Rivals said Lawson had very little upside.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay guys I have a question about Lawson. I was reading an article I think it was on Rivals, and it said Lawson had very little upside. What do you guys think about that evaluation?

When did Shadoww go to work for Rivals?

:laugh:  :laugh:

Yep, ban them all. Ban Weegs, too. It's easier that way.   ;D

No, then we'd be without Manilow, which would inevitably cause tensions to rise between Bird and Golf, and with nothing left as a buffer (because truthfully, only Barry can soothe them), it could reach catastrophic proportions...

YES!!!!!!!!!! Red sees the light of Barry! Bird, Golf, and TT are ALL closet Manilow fans. They just will not admit it. They know full well that when Copa comes on, on their iPod that they move with it. Don't let them fool you.  ;D:laugh::tease::o:D

I didn't say it was any good, I was just recognizing how pathetic you fools are about it...:tease:

What moron said that?  :laugh: :laugh:

Okay I found the video and it was Shurburtt from 247 who said his ceiling was lower than other prospects because he is already physically "there"

No upside must mean something different from its former meaning. :dunno: :dunno: ;D:wareagle:

Okay I found the video and it was Shurburtt from 247 who said his ceiling was lower than other prospects because he is already physically "there"

Pay no attention to Sorebutt. KK already grilled him about raising a Bammer's player ratings without any schedule national player changes schedule to be done when they offered him.

When you recruit like Chiz and our staff (best in the country) do I guess its okay to pick on your five star stud commits every now and then.

yep, osi umenyiora's upside sucks too ... poor lawson ... he is stuck in a place like being one of the best high school players in the country ... no where to go but down ...

btw ... Osi is listed as 6'3" - 255# ... sound a little similar to lawson???  same future position coach ... oh, yea!

This kid has all the makings of a stud and an overall great teammate. On top of his skill, he seems to be tenacious and a real competitor who is striving for greatness. I also love the fact he is taking on a role of recruiter for this class which i think makes a huge difference when other players see a guy the caliber of Lawson trying to get them to Auburn.

Think this guy is going to have a great career on the Plains  :wedance:

I believe that Lawson's dad played ball for Ga Tech and they live in Alpharetta where Lawson goes to Milton HS. It was great to pull Lawson away from Ga Tech with the strong family tie they have.

I am excited to see Lawson play ball this fall. I will go to a couple of his games. My nephew is a Kicker for Johns Creek in north Atlanta. He went to A day on on a football invite; he said Lawson in person was a "Beast".

Yep, ban them all. Ban Weegs, too. It's easier that way.   ;D

No, then we'd be without Manilow, which would inevitably cause tensions to rise between Bird and Golf, and with nothing left as a buffer (because truthfully, only Barry can soothe them), it could reach catastrophic proportions...

YES!!!!!!!!!! Red sees the light of Barry! Bird, Golf, and TT are ALL closet Manilow fans. They just will not admit it. They know full well that when Copa comes on, on their iPod that they move with it. Don't let them fool you.  ;D:laugh::tease::o:D

I didn't say it was any good, I was just recognizing how pathetic you fools are about it...:tease:

Yeah right Red. If that makes you feel better to say that.  :tease:

Anybody heard rumor bout him switching to UT cause he perfers to play in a 3-4..?

I have heard it but considering how much he is recruiting for AU I am putting about as much stock in it as I am on the Kansas City Royals getting to the playoffs anytime soon.

Anybody heard rumor bout him switching to UT cause he perfers to play in a 3-4..?

It's the Tenn. fans Pipe Dream!

They say that Lawson is being trained by a former UT defensive end up in Atlanta, and that's the key to getting him. They're awful cocky. Just sayin...

Nothing to worry about.  It's from this thread on volnation:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/154258-13-ga-de-carl-lawson.html

It's pretty funny.  I recommend reading it.

Now that was one heck of a thread to read and to believe their putting their trust from what a turd fan, TideWarrior, says about an Auburn commit. Another thing did he ever make it to UT for a visit? Some of them said yes and some Vols said no

Nothing to worry about.  It's from this thread on volnation:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/154258-13-ga-de-carl-lawson.html

It's pretty funny.  I recommend reading it.

Now that was one heck of a thread to read and to believe their putting their trust from what a turd fan, TideWarrior, says about an Auburn commit. Another thing did he ever make it to UT for a visit? Some of them said yes and some Vols said no

According to 247 the last time he was at rocky dump was March  31st. Monty was there the other day though.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time believing that he all of a sudden prefers a 3-4 to the point that he is supposedly going to flip.  I'm pretty sure he probably knew we run a 4-3 at the time he committed to us since we have pretty much always run a 4-3.

Bless their hearts, with as many wins as Dooley averages a season, they better get their hopes up if a recruit like Lawson drive through Tennessee on a vacation.

Archived