2013 4* RB Tyshon Dye (Clemson signee)

Elephant Tipper

I just don't think hes a blue chip guy, it's gonna be another year or two till we land another mike dyer

I have no problems with Tyshon Dye I think he is a very good RB, his initials are TD how could you not like him.  :dunno:

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dye said in a recent article that Clemson and Auburn are his top 2. He and his mom both loved his latest trip to Clemson, but he wants to take his mom to Auburn before making any decisions.

Guest jrljr

IMO (and that doesnt buy alot these day) JR &MB Will at some point this year become our two workhorses. CSL will of course find ways to get the ball to our speed guys.

Dye said in a recent article that Clemson and Auburn are his top 2. He and his mom both loved his latest trip to Clemson, but he wants to take his mom to Auburn before making any decisions.

Gotta make the momma happy.  Hopefully she likes navy better than purple.  :thumbsup:

If she loved Clemson, then all we need to do is get her to Auburn to have him in the fold.   

If she loved Clemson, then all we need to do is get her to Auburn to have him in the fold.   

We need to build a lake, in a hurry.

We need to build a lake, in a hurry.

I hate this comparison of Clemson is Auburn with a lake.  Lake Martin and Lake West Point are both within ~30 minutes from campus.  Granted it's not AS close, but it's not like you're 4 hours away from water either. 

Clemson football was built off the back of Auburn University. The reason they use the color puurple is because when John Heisman went there Auburn allowed him to take faded blue jerseys with him along with so bare necessities insofar as getting the basics in order to have a team. Play for the original...or the  knock-off? it would be an easy choice for me

Clemson football was built off the back of Auburn University. The reason they use the color puurple is because when John Heisman went there Auburn allowed him to take faded blue jerseys with him along with so bare necessities insofar as getting the basics in order to have a team. Play for the original...or the  knock-off? it would be an easy choice for me

Oh I know the story of the faded blue => purple.  The choice for me would be ACC vs SEC, ie a no brainer, but I'm not 17 years old.  :dunno:

It stings a little just being compared to an ACC team.......Va Tech, IMO, is the only one worth mentioning when a sentence includes SEC-anything.

Dye should play for a winner and in a conference that will still exist by the time he graduates.

Or the kid could be smart.  I mean really, whe chances of putting up amazing stats vs an ACC defense or vs a SEC defense, why do you think Robert N chose Clemson, cause he will be shredding Acc O-lines up all day and night.  There is no competition in the ACC.  But I do hope that Dye actually wants to succeed in the pros by learning how to deal with a good defense and decides to come to Running Back U.

Interesting. I had never heard this. If TD and family want to play with the big guns in the big boy conference, he will come on down. Nothing wrong if he chooses otherwise but he will miss out on playing with and against the best--facts are facts.

Or the kid could be smart.  I mean really, whe chances of putting up amazing stats vs an ACC defense or vs a SEC defense, why do you think Robert N chose Clemson, cause he will be shredding Acc O-lines up all day and night.  There is no competition in the ACC.  But I do hope that Dye actually wants to succeed in the pros by learning how to deal with a good defense and decides to come to Running Back U.

Exactly what I've been thinking about these recent Clem commits. They're going to destroy their ACC counterparts... Maybe that factored into their decision?

Guest EagleDamnWar

Clemson did an article on top 10 targets.  Here is their piece on Tyshon Dye.

6. Tyshon Dye

The skinny: Similar story: Clemson and Georgia jumped on the Elbert County (Ga.) running back last summer, only the Tigers have sustained their pursuit for the duration. He’s thick and can run, precisely fitting Morris’ specifications. But it’s a bit of a concern Dye hasn’t committed yet, while Auburn has come into the picture late and privately staked an advantage. Clemson is in Dye’s top two, but there’s work to be done to defeat Dye’s desire to play in the SEC. Alas, watch out for Georgia again now that a running back slot has been vacated by Isaiah Crowell’s dismissal.

Top contenders: Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, South Carolina

Clemson’s chances: 33 percent

Clemson did an article on top 10 targets.  Here is their piece on Tyshon Dye.

6. Tyshon Dye

The skinny: Similar story: Clemson and Georgia jumped on the Elbert County (Ga.) running back last summer, only the Tigers have sustained their pursuit for the duration. He’s thick and can run, precisely fitting Morris’ specifications. But it’s a bit of a concern Dye hasn’t committed yet, while Auburn has come into the picture late and privately staked an advantage. Clemson is in Dye’s top two, but there’s work to be done to defeat Dye’s desire to play in the SEC. Alas, watch out for Georgia again now that a running back slot has been vacated by Isaiah Crowell’s dismissal.

Top contenders: Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, South Carolina

Clemson’s chances: 33 percent

Clemson did an article listing their top 10 targets?  :-\

I really hope they did.  :)

I really hope they did.   :)

Yep, #1 was the Target on Clemson Blvd.  It's a SuperTarget with a grocery store, pharmacy, and everything.

There are rumors they may put a Chick-fil-a inside (but don't tell Cassanova)

I really hope they did.   :)

Yep, #1 was the Target on Clemson Blvd.  It's a SuperTarget with a grocery store, pharmacy, and everything.

There are rumors they may put a Chick-fil-a inside (but don't tell Cassanova)

Wouldn't they be better doing a story on their Top 10 Dollar Generals? I hear they also getting a Super Dollar General near campus.

Long as it isn't a Chick-Fil-A then we still have the edge in recruiting. :cool:

As it stands right now, who are our top tragets a RB? I now Tyshon Dye is, but who else is there? Here are some other names that come to mind.

Cameron Luper, Alvin Kamara, Derrick Green and Greg Bryant. Did I miss anyone?

Archived