2013 4* RB Tyshon Dye (Clemson signee)

Elephant Tipper

As it stands right now, who are our top tragets a RB? I now Tyshon Dye is, but who else is there? Here are some other names that come to mind.

Cameron Luper, Alvin Kamara, Derrick Green and Greg Bryant. Did I miss anyone?

Luper is not projected as a RB and played QB in high school

You are missing Jordan Wilkins from that list who is most likely to be our RB as we are his leader / recruiting him the hardest

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are opening a restaurant on the Clemson campus.  It is going to be called Bammer Dabo's.  It is said to rival Auburn's Momma Goldberg's.

• 2 weeks later...

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/4-star-RB-Tyson-Dye-to-visit-Auburn-next-weekend-10758197

"Dye told 247's Paul Strelow that he plans to visit Auburn with his mom next weekend. He wasn't sure if it would be Friday or Saturday. With Derrick Green expected to visit early this week and Jordan Wilkins close to announcing a decision, things are really heating up for running back recruiting.

Auburn needs to sign one of its top RB targets and would certainly take two if they wanted to come.

This post was edited by Bryan Matthews on 7/15/2012 at 9:05 PM"

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/4-star-RB-Tyson-Dye-to-visit-Auburn-next-weekend-10758197

"Dye told 247's Paul Strelow that he plans to visit Auburn with his mom next weekend. He wasn't sure if it would be Friday or Saturday. With Derrick Green expected to visit early this week and Jordan Wilkins close to announcing a decision, things are really heating up for running back recruiting.

Auburn needs to sign one of its top RB targets and would certainly take two if they wanted to come.

With Mason and Grant as sophomores, and Blakely (RS) and Robinson as freshmen, it seems a little odd to take two RB this class. I'd rather us take 2 QBs...FWIW

We are taking 2 QBs.  And no way we would turn down Green or Bryant.

With Mason and Grant as sophomores, and Blakely (RS) and Robinson as freshmen, it seems a little odd to take two RB this class. I'd rather us take 2 QBs...FWIW

I know we have Johnson already on board. Who else? I thought our ATH commits were slotted for other positions  :dunno:

I know we have Johnson already on board. Who else? I thought our ATH commits were slotted for other positions  :dunno:

Jason Smith will be getting a shot at QB. 

Jason Smith is going to get a shot at QB first supposedly.

Jason Smith is going to get a shot at QB first supposedly.

Ah ok. I'd feel better about a more prototypical QB as our second QB commit, but we'll see. Back to Ty Dye  ;D

Don't know who is higher on the coaches board Green or Bryant but we are waiting on visits from them and Dye and Wilkins which are very good will have to wait. I'm also hearing the coaches may not even agree on who they like the most. 

As of the current moment, How many commitment slots do we have left?

Do we have a stud 2014 RB that is high on us? Because if not, I don't see why we wouldn't take 2 out of the four mentioned in this thread. I personally think it is a good idea to take two RBs in every class, doesn't take much to end a RB's career with the beating they take. That's just me though.

Id be happy with any of those four. I wouldnt be shocked if we get our first rb commit this week sometime.

Do we have a stud 2014 RB that is high on us? Because if not, I don't see why we wouldn't take 2 out of the four mentioned in this thread. I personally think it is a good idea to take two RBs in every class, doesn't take much to end a RB's career with the beating they take. That's just me though.

Bo Scarborough, 2014 RB has been affected by the Foster commitment.

Bo Scarborough - Wasn't he the one that said about AUB "No, I'm not even going to waste my time down there anymore." My mother always told me not to burn bridges.......

Don't know who is higher on the coaches board Green or Bryant but we are waiting on visits from them and Dye and Wilkins which are very good will have to wait. I'm also hearing the coaches may not even agree on who they like the most. 

Jonesy said all this last night on TD.

Bo Scarborough - Wasn't he the one that said about AUB "No, I'm not even going to waste my time down there anymore." My mother always told me not to burn bridges.......

Ditto. I have kind of been turned off on this kid since that comment. I want people that come to Auburn because they love it and want to be here. If not, that is how people start thinking they are bigger than the team. Also, from what others have said on this site, I still wouldn't turn one of the 2013 kids away to wait for this kid even though he is talented.

Ditto. I have kind of been turned off on this kid since that comment. I want people that come to Auburn because they love it and want to be here. If not, that is how people start thinking they are bigger than the team. Also, from what others have said on this site, I still wouldn't turn one of the 2013 kids away to wait for this kid even though he is talented.

Yeah, that stings a little, but if you look at the kid's picture after his sophomore year of high school, he literally has the most ridiculously impressive physique out of any prospect I have ever seen at that age; at only 16 years old, Scarborough has the body of a current NFL starting runningback.

Yeah, that stings a little, but if you look at the kid's picture after his sophomore year of high school, he literally has the most ridiculously impressive physique out of any prospect I have ever seen at that age; at only 16 years old, Scarborough has the body of a current NFL starting runningback.

Yeah I can look past the comment. He is very young, I still say dumb things on the fly all the time. I just want him to be interested in us for the right reasons and I don't think it is the right reason just because RF is headed here. For example, I think Tray Matthews geniunely likes Auburn as well as Georgia and if he didn't live in Georgia would probably switch right now to join RF. All I have to go on about Bo is that his half-bro is committed here and the negative comment about us. But I do love that first name for a RB though!

Archived