2013 4* RB Tyshon Dye (Clemson signee)

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, he has great field vision and very good at making cutbacks.

WARNING: Foul language in this highlight tape

He has deceptive speed, that punt return he looked like a bullet shot out of a gun, but several times I felt like there were times he had the corner but got caught at the last second. He carries the ball way too loose though, high and tight, four points that's where it's at.

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie Newberg:

Tyshon Dye (Elberton, Ga./Elbert County) has an impressive early list of scholarship offers. One program that falls in that category with this Peach State running back prospect is Auburn and he visited the Tigers this past weekend.

“It was fun,” Dye said. “They had already offered. That was my first trip there. I learned they offer a four year scholarship and stick with their promise. I like the new offensive coordinator. It will be a different scheme, more like what you see in the NFL. For me that hits home. Auburn compares well with the other schools I have seen so far.”

Dye, 6-foot-0 and 205 pounds, has already seen both Georgia and Clemson.

Jamie Newberg:

Tyshon Dye (Elberton, Ga./Elbert County) has an impressive early list of scholarship offers. One program that falls in that category with this Peach State running back prospect is Auburn and he visited the Tigers this past weekend.

“It was fun,” Dye said. “They had already offered. That was my first trip there. I learned they offer a four year scholarship and stick with their promise. I like the new offensive coordinator. It will be a different scheme, more like what you see in the NFL. For me that hits home. Auburn compares well with the other schools I have seen so far.”

Dye, 6-foot-0 and 205 pounds, has already seen both Georgia and Clemson.

:bow:

• 2 months later...
Guest Tigereagle03

Four-star running back Tyshon Dye from Elbert County in Elberton Ga., said he stays in contact with Auburn running backs coach Curtis Luper, who visited his school last week. 

Dye has been invited to Big Cat Weekend but is unsure if he’ll be able to make it. He said he definitely plans to visit Auburn again and wants to see at least one game this fall. 

“I can get along well with the running backs coach. I think he’s a cool guy,†Dye said. “I love that they guaranteed four years if you get injured. I like the pro-style offense that they’re supposed to be going to this year. They’ve got a lot of good young lineman that are returning and will be returning if I come up there.â€

It'll be a tough pull with Clemson and Athens both being within an hour of Elberton.  But, then again, he may want to get further away.  Reel him in coaches!!

• 3 weeks later...

IMO, we need to sign 2 RB's in the 2013 class.

With 3 solid sophomores and a big freshman  on campus I could see only taking 1 this year depending on what next years kids look like. We don't have a lot of space this year.

we will take 1 mediocre running back.....we are absolutely stacked with talent at rb for the next 3-4 years...we just need a decent reserve rb, and dye will fill that role

we will take 1 mediocre running back.....we are absolutely stacked with talent at rb for the next 3-4 years...we just need a decent reserve rb, and dye will fill that role

I do not see Dye as a mediocre running back ... by ANY means. Am I missing something????  :dunno:

I do not see Dye as a mediocre running back ... by ANY means. Am I missing something????  :dunno:

No, you are not missing anything.  You have it figured out.

you have officially removed all doubt. Thanks.

I just don't think hes a blue chip guy, it's gonna be another year or two till we land another mike dyer

People who evaluate talent for a living strongly disagree that he's not a blue chip guy. I hope we never land another Mike Dyer. I hope we land another Cadillac or Ronnie Brown, 4 year players who love AU and are successful. I'd love it if Dye fit that bill.

Archived