2014 4* DE Naim Mustafaa (Oklahoma State signee & transferred to Miami)

Elephant Tipper

• 1 month later...

Per Justin Hokanson: "Top Georgia defensive end Naim Mustafaa made his second visit to Auburn this spring on Saturday. Mustafaa leaves his visit with the Tigers firmly in his top three and nearing a decision..."

Mustafaa has GT, AU, and TN as his top 3. His Dad is a GT alum and played 7 seasons in the NFL. Mustafaa will be a "tough get" because of his GT ties, but maybe we get lucky.  :)

I'm thinking our DC's NFL background help us with Mustafaa's Dad.

GT's defense has not exactly set the world on fire. Best they can hope for, outside of his dad's ties, is to sell him on the "You can shine if you come here" pitch.

GT's defense has not exactly set the world on fire. Best they can hope for, outside of his dad's ties, is to sell him on the "You can shine if you come here" pitch.

Over last couple of years you could say this about Auburn also. I expect that to change this year and if it does it might help with players like this.

I read on the AJC that his dad was formerly known as Reggie Rutland. Now I can remember that name from the NFL.

• 1 month later...

In what may be a bit of an upset he commits to Thuga over Ga. Tech

I didn't even think he was considering uga...wow

Yes, I always thought GT was the team to beat and never thought UG was a factor.

I thought Mustafaa and Foster were sure locks for the Updkes. The bammers keep saying that.

Incorrect on one. Mustafaa was thought to be a Tech lean for a long time. Even by Bammers. Plus like Auburn, they have higher DEs on their board. Bammer never even offered Naim.

I thought Mustafaa and Foster were sure locks for the Updkes. The bammers keep saying that.

The bammers also say they have 14 NC's. They say a lot of things. Most are not true.

:zapbama: :zapbama: :beatmullet: :beatmullet: :zapbama::wareagle:.

• 1 year later...

I saw this kid play a few times and I think he was way overrated. He never really stood out on the field IMO.

Guest jojo1515

Ever been to Oklahoma? I stayed there for a month. I was not only homesick, I was sick for anywhere other than Oklahoma after 1 day. Drive through the state one time and you'd be more surprised if he stayed than if he left. JMO

Archived