2013 5* S Tony Conner (Ole Miss signee)

walleyau22

I saw Auburn has had an offer with him, but didn't find anything on him already through the search function. Who leads for this guy? Is Auburn actively recruiting him?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive heard the same. I read somewhere that the high school he attends is pretty much a pipeline for Ole Miss.

Saw him play against Hoover last year at the beginning of the season on ESPN. South Panola was ranked I think 16th in the nation and had several guys already committed to Ole Miss, and he was still practically the entire team, on both sides of the ball. I dont think the kid ever came off the field. He made most of the tackles for the day from his safety position and was pretty much the entire offense, I think as a running back. He had a bunch of big kick returns too, and I want to say he took a pretty long one to the house. The kid can definitely play ball.

I assume this is David Conner's brother who committed to AU a couple years ago but didn't qualify. You would think that would give us at least a bit of an in, although the coaches are different.

Or Dan Conner's grandson. Former husband to Roseanne in the late 80's sitcom "Roseanne" before being processed off the air by ABC in 1997.  :dunno:  ;)

I assume this is David Conner's brother who committed to AU a couple years ago but didn't qualify. You would think that would give us at least a bit of an in, although the coaches are different.

Not sure if they are brothers....

but speaking of David, he earned Freshman All-America honors at NWCC this past season.  I wonder where he will end up signing when he gets his grades up??

Or is this Omar Conner's brother, the safety that was "processed" at Bama couple years ago.

I thought Omar Conner played QB at Miss St.

Or is this Omar Conner's brother, the safety that was "processed" at Bama couple years ago.

I thought Omar Conner played QB at Miss St.

That was Omar the Tent Maker.

Or Dan Conner's grandson. Former husband to Roseanne in the late 80's sitcom "Roseanne" before being processed off the air by ABC in 1997.  :dunno:  ;)

You sir are incorrect. He is the son of John Conner, the dude in Terminator.

• 2 months later...

Any news on this guy? Odd that the 44th ranked player in the nation (Rivals) only has 6 offers.

I don't have any news,but I know most say he is a Ole Miss lock. Supposedly the high school he attends is pretty much a pipeline school for Ole Miss.

• 5 months later...

BM indicates in his Q&A that Connor had a good relationship with CMS and they are working on getting a visit.

Yes. Here was the question and his subsequent post...

You said awhile ago that we would have new prospects become interested in AU with the new coaching staff. Is there any big time prospects that we haven't heard about that might have Auburn on their radar? I know Mackenzie Alexander would be the biggest one. How do you feel about our chances with him now that we will have him on a visit? Thanks for all the hard work!

Auburn's chances with MacKensie Alexander have improved and are fairly good now. 5-star safety Tony Conner has a good relationship with Melvin Smith and is a possibility to visit Auburn now. He's probably still a longshot for the Tigers overall. RB Kailo Moore is another new possibility. He also has a relationship with Smith.

I say the kid is a lock for us, look he has only 3 pages on this board, so there is no way he makes to 100

XD i like the way you think

I say the kid is a lock for us, look he has only 3 pages on this board, so there is no way he makes to 100

Idk. Its a long way til February! He could easily get there by then!

Very true! Not to mention should expect at least a dozen thread derailments (like this one!) between now and February to get him there!!

Archived