2013 3* ATH T.J. Green (Clemson signee)

Plays FS and WR at Sylacauga High School. Coach Thig visited him recently. I doubt he has a profile on any of the recruiting sites yet. He's about 6'2 or 6'3 and 190-200 lbs. Not sure if he gets an offer but I could see him getting an invite to walk-on. I know bama had a coach visit recently as well but I think it was just to drop off some brochure type things to the HC, not to see anyone in particular. But I know for a fact Thig came by to see TJ. The SHS coaching staff is very pro-Auburn so if his recruitment takes off he's in good hands.

A little side note, one of the coaches there talked to Thig a little about some of the guys in this class and Thig told him they were going hard after Foster and thinks they have a pretty good shot at flipping him.

Plays FS and WR at Sylacauga High School. Coach Thig visited him recently. I doubt he has a profile on any of the recruiting sites yet. He's about 6'2 or 6'3 and 190-200 lbs. Not sure if he gets an offer but I could see him getting an invite to walk-on. I know bama had a coach visit recently as well but I think it was just to drop off some brochure type things to the HC, not to see anyone in particular. But I know for a fact Thig came by to see TJ. The SHS coaching staff is very pro-Auburn so if his recruitment takes off he's in good hands.

A little side note, one of the coaches there talked to Thig a little about some of the guys in this class and Thig told him they were going hard after Foster and thinks they have a pretty good shot at flipping him.

I'm from Sylacauga (at Auburn now), and know TJ Green, but not well as he's a couple of years younger than me. Interesting that Thig actually came through here.  Sylacauga's head coach's dad was actually a full back at AU back in the day.  And like you said, the coaching staff is pretty pro-Auburn overall.  Oddly, Sylacauga in general is pro Auburn. We had about 10 kids from my graduating class go to Auburn, while only 3 went to Bama.  I'm sure most of you don't recall, but the main guy that kept the Samford game close this past year was WR Kelsey Pope, who is also from Sylacauga. 

I'm from Sylacauga (at Auburn now), and know TJ Green, but not well as he's a couple of years younger than me. Interesting that Thig actually came through here.  Sylacauga's head coach's dad was actually a full back at AU back in the day.  And like you said, the coaching staff is pretty pro-Auburn overall.  Oddly, Sylacauga in general is pro Auburn. We had about 10 kids from my graduating class go to Auburn, while only 3 went to Bama.  I'm sure most of you don't recall, but the main guy that kept the Samford game close this past year was WR Kelsey Pope, who is also from Sylacauga. 

The one with the lazy eye?

Well, we're relatively close - only a few counties away from Lee and right on 280 so it makes sense. I'm also from Sly town and have always noticed that we tend to outnumber the Bammers about 2 to 1. Everywhere else in Talladega County however, is a different story.

Ryan

The one with the lazy eye?

That would be Kelsey :laugh:

It's possible, especially in a town this size, but I didn't graduate until '11.  And it is odd that Auburn people outnumber bama people here.  I've never really understood it. It's pretty cool that Thig came through.  I don't recall an Auburn coach ever visiting while I was in HS. 

It's possible, especially in a town this size, but I didn't graduate until '11.  And it is odd that Auburn people outnumber bama people here.  I've never really understood it. It's pretty cool that Thig came through.  I don't recall an Auburn coach ever visiting while I was in HS. 

This is probably the first time it's happened since Ab Kuuan or Golinsky Smith. We had a guy in my class that could have gone just about anywhere but lacked the initiative.

It's always great to see fellow aggies. TJ would definitely be the first time anyone at SHS has gotten real attention from Auburn since Ab Kuuan and Luke Scott.

Dang, we've got a lot of Sylacaugaians in this thread.  There aren't a whole lot of us.  If I had a dime for every time I've said an hour and a half up 280 or 45 minutes southeast of Birmingham...

It's always great to see fellow aggies. TJ would definitely be the first time anyone at SHS has gotten real attention from Auburn since Ab Kuuan and Luke Scott.

Judging by your username I am pretty sure I know you... Friend.

• 4 months later...

Guess this deserves a bump since it's looking like TJ is the back-up plan at safety. He and his coaches have been told there are a couple guys ahead of him (Bell and Matthews) but that if Auburn misses on them then TJ has a pretty good shot at getting an offer.

Guess this deserves a bump since it's looking like TJ is the back-up plan at safety. He and his coaches have been told there are a couple guys ahead of him (Bell and Matthews) but that if Auburn misses on them then TJ has a pretty good shot at getting an offer.

I believe Carson is ahead of him too.

I don't follow recruiting closely. Who is Carson?

Chris Carson from Parkview High in Georgia. He plays RB and Safety. Auburn is recruiting him as a safety.

Chris Carson from Parkview High in Georgia. He plays RB and Safety. Auburn is recruiting him as a safety.

Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

You're welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

How long have we been after him? If this is recent does that mean we are out for trey

We are not after him or Chris Carson yet but if we offer then yes we are out for Tray. Tray is a long shot right now.

Green isn't flashy or a headhunter. But I guess we have to sign someone. If we miss on TrAy I like Carson. He is strong and could play RB if needed. Reminds me of the Irons boys from up this way in Dacula.

Archived